Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

I wonder if the syncing issue can be related to which clock face that is used. I used “Dual Analog” and had constant problems. After factory reset I chose “Rose Gold Sunset” and everything worked perfectly for a couple of days. Then I tried “Dual Analog” again and after less than a day the syncing problem returned.
Now I’ve done a new factory reset and chosen “Rose Gold Sunset“ again. Everything works now and hopefully will continue to do so.

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @KelJam and @SaharM, a warm welcome to the Forums.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourselves. I would like to know if you have checked if your phones are compatible mobile devices? If you haven't, I recommend checking that here.

When a phone isn't compatible, it doesn't mean that it won't work with your Fitbit but you might experience some connectivity issues. You can always try the instructions in the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am having this problem too. My decive is compatible with my fitbit as it's a Galaxy S8. What am I supposed to do when it wont sync after all the troubleshooting? I can't return it and I feel like it was a GIANT waste of money. I miss my charge 2. 

Best Answer

Having same problem. Versa stopped syncing for no reason. Bluetooth reconnected but does not sync with iPhone. Very frustrating wasting a lot of time trying all fixes to no avail. Finding lots of questions in the community not many answers. 

Best Answer

I was having problems syncing my Versa and Enabling All-Day Sync worked, but it also uses up a lot of data from my plan, which is why I turned it off in the first place.  Why does All-day Sync use up so much of my mobile data?  This needs to be addressed, not everyone has unlimited data, and I don't know about you, but in Canada, cell phone companies charge outrageously for data plans.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned on "all day sync" and "always connected" on my app and my Galaxy S8 still had issues syncing after about 2 days of being connected. : = (

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same problem 😞 I think it us a problem of the app on Galaxy s8 and s8 plus, I've already write at the customer service but they ever propose me to read the solutions on Fitbit site but I've already tried all the solutions in the site without a result, then they purpose me some other "remedies" but nothing seems working. I'm sure it is an app problem with the Galaxy s8 and s8+  because the smartwatch syncs with a Galaxy J5 2017 and the app on this phone works good and I've tried to connect other devices with the bluetooth connection of my Phone and all worked good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am really tired of hearing all the resolutions to try over and over and over. I had my Alta and Charge 2 trackers synced to the same phone galaxy S8+ with the same fitbit app and never had any syncing issues at all. Ever since I have had the versa nothing but issues. I even re-synced my charge 2 and no issues. Its the versa. Fitbit rolled it out way to quick because of poor sales with the ionic and trying to keep up with the sales of the Apple tracker. Poor decision fitbit. 

Best Answer

I was on the phone 20 minutes with customer service yesterday evening and did everything she said and the Versa synced then and twice this morning and now it's not syncing again. She did say they are having problems with alot of fitbits not syncing right now and they are working on it so hopefully they figure something out soon! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's probably not the phone... Another thread started in APRIL with hunderds of posts and THOUSANDS of reads with the same issue "Versa won't Sync".... issue is with the Versa... problem is with MANY of the phones on the APPROVED list. Cracks me up that the moderators keep suggesting the same old things ..restart Bluetooth... restart the Versa..restart the phone...delete the Versa..add it back... IF MY CHARGE 2 WORKS WITH MY GALAXY S8...IT'S THE VERSA.... NOT THE PHONE... WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED MODERATORS???

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

I totally agree. It is the same problem with iPhone. 

Best Answer

Having same problems with Versa. Have tried all trouble shooting steps. Samsung Note8 cant find Versa. Bluetooth not connecting or maintaining connection.

I have a screenshot after one attempt to sync tonight. Partial data download for today only. Fitbit app says last sync yesterdat at 20:13. Data in chunks no detail e.g steps not broken down by hour, or heart rate eg. 

I bought Versa because I dont like Apple products and Versa fit what I was looking for. Waited 3 weeks for a product that does not work as stated.

If it does not improve over coming week I will be requesting a replacement. If same problems occur. I will request a refund and buy an alternative competitors.

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate your patience regarding the syncing issue you are experiencing and also for trying all troubleshoot possible to fix this.

I know that you all have tried the instructions provided in the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?, but I recommend trying them one more time. A personal experience, my phone isn't a compatible mobile device and it syncs fine with my Fitbit. I just need to make sure to have internet connection, Bluetooth and locations enabled and it will sync properly. Maybe this works for you too.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Data moved to following 6dsy, yesterdays data now gone.

Its going back. If the replacement takes longer than a week Im getting a refund. I waited 3 weeks for back order for Versa LE. From what I read its will be an ongoing issue.

If Fitbit cant recognise and fix Im not wasting my money nor time.

Its sad because I waited for Versa release instead of other options. Never had a problem with my Surge. Loved it as a product until the band broke.

Best Answer

I returned my Versa to the store today after 4 weeks of struggle. And then, right or wrong, I ordered a new one from Fitbit. Even though I think they should have offered me a replacement after all these weeks of struggle and communication. At least I had hoped for a discount on a new one for all the time I spent on the one I returned 😏. Now I can only hope that the new one will work as intended.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very disappointed, I've spent hours trying to get things up and running. Latest f/w, but still problems with wi-fi and Bluetooth. Wish I'd known about these problems before buying. Had no problems at all with Charge 2. 

Capture[11464].PNG

Below are typical niggles. Sometimes I can get things to work, but only on very rare instances.  

Music transfer – PC app endlessly looking for watch. Watch indicating it is connected and ready to transfer from pc.

Wallet – PC app endlessly syncing and then stating error, please sync your tracker to proceed. Tracker sync’d same error.

Wifi setup – picking up network and connecting. App then stating not connected to wifi

Notifications – never worked

Bluetooth – PC app states problem communicating with tracker, make sure Bluetooth is on. Check settings and Bluetooth is connected to Versa

Battery drain – significantly worse than Charge 2.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having same issue. It will not sync with WiFi

I'm so done with this watch. I need help. A phone number to Fitbit to technical support would work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found my versa not syncing because I had 2 ipads nearby with bluetooth on.

I turned off bluetooth on those and sucess!😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

After spending more time troubleshooting my versa, with all the forums and tips I've read, I decided to call Fitbit.  The customer service agent didn't even think it was necessary to troubleshoot it with me because he said that the issue is that it's not compatible with my Galaxy Note 8.  It is compatible with the Galaxy Note 8.0, which is the tablet, but not the Note 8, which is the phone.  He suggested I switch to an Apple phone. I just switched to a Note cause I didnt like my iPhone and also, easier said then done.

Sothere you go.  I went back to my Garmin which works perfect.  I just wanted to be a part of the family feature since my husband and kids have Fitbits.

Best Answer
I have an iPhone and I have sync issues, so that would not have fixed your problem, at least not entirely.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes