Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

I am so glad someone is actually looking into this...I upgraded from a Charge 2 and never had any connectivity/sync issues. I chatted with support once and they blamed my phone which is officially supported.

Phone= Samsung Galaxy S8

Only sync with the phone

Sync using my Charge 2 with no issues at all

Android version = 8.0.0

Fitbit App version = 2.73

Error messages:

in Fitbit app= pink box that says "Sync error please retry"

Android error message= Bluetooth connectivity error, if you continue to get this error, restart Bluetooth"  Tried all the Fitbit recommendations..restart fitbit,restart Bluetooth, remove device, re-load device.

I really want this to work.. Versa has a beautiful display that I can see outdoors

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oneplus 6

Yes, synced with 2 phones.  

Android 8.1.0

version 2.73 (2193284)

The versa worked fine for me and synced fine for me until one day it rebooted itself with around 5% battery left.  I didn't know what it was or why it rebooted on it's own but afterwards it wouldn't sync up to my phone anymore.  It was through researching that people mentioned that a firmware update went out so I keep thinking it had something to do with that.  I was outside and unaware that the phone would automatically just update with such low battery and I just don't think it finished the update.  I was able to fix this issue by wiping the data and just setting it up again but I had to do a lot of research to even find out what had happened.  The app needs to notify you or warn you of an update, there is no way I would have it update an ota firmware flash when I'm not at home and it when it was on such low battery.  It's working fine again now but I don't feel confident that this piece of tech is even going to last me a year.  

Best Answer

Well my Versa has gone back to Fitbit to be replaced but for information:

1. iPhone 7 Synced with this & iPad 2017 and desktop computer

iOS11.4 on phone & pad, Windows 10 (latest update) on desktop

2. Latest app and Versa 32.10.15

3. Case 25116434 - as I said my Versa has gone back to returns in Netherlands so waiting for replacement and back on my original Alta at moment.

Thankfully managed one of its sporadic syncs before returning it so didn't lose any data unlike when I had to factory resets. I love the Versa for its functionality and the fact I can see it outside and as my husband has a perfectly working one (well odd glitch very occasionally but I expect that with Bluetooth) which I tried with my phone and was fine I managed to get them to replace it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit versa was paired with my phone, huawei smart p, when I set it up on Sunday, yesterday it seems to have paired with my iPad and even though I have turned off the Bluetooth on the iPad, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. On my phone switched on and off the Bluetooth on my phone countless times I can’t get it to recognise the versa.  Please help.

also the battery is not lasting two full days but it charged to full in about half an hour this morning. I have turned off all day sync and have not used it for music or anything else apart from an alarm.

UPDATE:

How do I reset the versa, if that is necessary.

Best Answer

How do I reset the versa, if that is necessary.

S

Best Answer
0 Votes

answers to questions:

1. Samsung Galaxy S8+

2. Yes, I have had the Fitbit Charge and the Blaze.  I only sync the fitbit device with my phone.

3. 8.0.0 

4. 2.73

I have checked and there are no current updates available at this time.

Also, in the Fitbit app at the bottom is a notification icon that says I have 73 notifications. When I click on it the notification page that opens is blank. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well, thanks for replying to me with the information requested, I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

@Alivia49, as you have already a case created with our Support Team and if you're still having trouble syncing, please reply to them as they will be handling your case from now on.

@Gilreth, I appreciate you have shared your experience with me and the resolution you were provided. Once you receive the replacement, please let me know if you still experiencing issues when syncing the watch. 

@Gerty123@Buzzsaw and @HeatsMom, I appreciate you have let me know the troubleshooting issues you have tried so far. If you're still having trouble syncing, please try the following steps in order:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

@Smackee, to restart your Versa: Press and hold the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen.

@SeleneD@Smackee and @Gerty123, please note that many Android phones, have all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but are currently not on our list of supported devicesThis means that we have not tested it for compatibility and added it to the list yet. For the time being, we don't have an specific date or time-frame of when is going they will be listed as compatible. 

While these devices has all the specifications to be compatible and are currently working with the Fitbit app, it's possible to come across some issues along the way. I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience, please try the troubleshooting steps listed above and if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I just received my versa yesterday as a birthday gift. I was able to set it up, everything worked well. this morning it will not sync.  I have done everything recommended.  I would like to return it if it is not going to work to start with.  I have synced with my samsung galaxy s9 and my ipad.

Best Answer
After reading numerous posts , in a nutshell some Versas start of working then stop syncing , some have never worked and most work intermittently if the user goes through various steps like resetting , changing Bluetooth, turning on / off etc. There is no consistency and no one fix fits all . I love the look of my versa and all the functions it should offer it’s just a shame that it’s not fit for use . I like most people on here are taking it back for a full cash refund as this is my second versa exchange and same issues . FITBIT please own up and admit you have got it wrong . Nowhere on hundreds of posts have you said the words sorry it’s us not you the users or your phones laptops etc . If you show some integrity and are up front and honest and stop wasting everyone’s time , you can restore all of us loyal Fitbit users faith in you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I fully agree with you. I’ve done my second factory reset tonight and will see how that works out. If the problem remains I’ll return mine as well. 

Best Answer

I'm using a Google Pixel XL running Andriod 8.1.0 to sync my Versa. The app version is 2.73. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have worked with customer support and have been told this is a known issue and that I can not receive a refund or get a replacement device (I purchased mine through Amazon).  I can only wait for a fix.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been having these issues. I pre-ordered my versa before release, so I have no chance of getting a refund from Fitbit for what is very obviously a faulty product.

Yes, I've followed all of the instructions, hints and tips in the forums for fixing the issue. I've taken the app off my phone and tried syncing with another device. This finally worked, but only after having to do a factory reset of the Versa, losing 2 weeks worth of data in the process.

I try to sync and I feel the versa vibrate a couple of times on my wrist, and the app shows my current steps, but then says it cannot find the tracker. How can that happen when I haven't moved or touched anything.

I've completely lost faith in the brand, especially after I upgraded my watch because my previous Blaze was one of those that wouldn't hold charge any longer after a certain update.

Best Answer
I would go to the ombudsman’s if your Fitbit is not fit for purpose scuse the pun . It’s a known issue then why continue to sell them . I’m exchange mine and the new one has the same fault . Hope everyone reads this quick as Fitbit are deleting every negative comment . Is this on social media anywhere as they can’t control that .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you for your feedback and the time you have took to share the steps you have tried or the mobile phone you are having syncing issues.

If you just have joined to this thread please give it a try to the steps @MarcoGFitbit provided before here.

Also make sure your phones are listed as compatible. Its normally to find these scenarios with phones that has not being confirmed as compatible. This will apply more for the Android platform. If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

If you are an Android user try to reset the cache of the app. I mentioned the steps in this post.

See you all around and if we received more details on this matter, we'll keep you posted.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem but it is a problem of the app of Fitbit because the Versa registers all data ( I can see it on my diary if I log in in the Fitbit site but in the app I can't see any data, only the steps walked that day) but Versa can't sync with the app. I have a Samsung Galaxy s8+

Update:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8+

Android Version: Oreo 8.0.0

Fitbit App Version: 2.73

Error messages:

in Fitbit app= pink box that says "Sync error please retry"

Android error message= Bluetooth connectivity error, if you continue to get this error, restart Bluetooth"  Tried all the Fitbit recommendations

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my third FITBIT Versa since the beginning of May.  I got it on Thursday it is now Sunday. It will not sync to Bluetooth or to the WiFi’s, the battery runs down very fast - as I’ve had to charge it twice already! I have tried all of the above to restarting the  phone, the Vera and uninstall and reinstalling the fitbit app. 

Best Answer

On 6/20/18 I bought a Fitbit Versa for $229.00 plus tax $246.03.

After having owned a Fitbit Charge 2 and having no problems with it I decided to upgrade. I'm unhappy to say that I have had nothing but problems with it not syncing with my Android phone. I have tried all the suggestions to fix the syncing problem and none of them have worked. I had no problems with my Charge 2 syncing so I know it's not my phone. I do not need a list of things to try as I've stated I've tried them all.  I'm very disappointed with this Versa. After spending that much money for something that half works it's aggravating!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

I have also received my fitbit versa 2 days ago and the same problem happening, not syncing...

@KelJam wrote:

On 6/20/18 I bought a Fitbit Versa for $229.00 plus tax $246.03. After having owned a Fitbit Charge 2 and having no problems with it I decided to upgrade. I'm unhappy to say that I have had nothing but problems with it not syncing with my Android phone. I have tried all the suggestions to fix the syncing problem and none of them have worked. I had no problems with my Charge 2 syncing so I know it's not my phone. I do not need a list of things to try as I've stated I've tried them all.  I'm very disappointed with this Versa. After spending that much money for something that half works it's aggrevating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Elibetty and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @Gadgetgirl06. Thank you for sharing your feedback and the steps you have tried to address the issues you are experiencing with syncing and with the battery.

If the issue continue @Elibetty, I'm wondering if you try to pair your tracker again to your account? I have the same phone and same OS you do. Months ago I got a similar issue and pairing again the watch to my account help me to resolve the syncing problems. Perhaps trying this, will help you as it helped me; as a reference this article will guide you through: How do I set up my Fitbit device? Just keep in mind you do not need to create a new account.

@Gadgetgirl06 the syncing issues might be related to the battery. If the battery is low, you might have difficulties to sync or use other features of the watch. So for this particular case, make sure your Versa is receiving a proper charge. You can also refer to this help article just as a reference: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?

See you until the next opportunity.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes