Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710
I called customer service and they were able to get it to sync. Hope it lasts!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I've tried the steps in the post you suggested and my Versa still will not sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It never did.....my Versa died!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once an App is pending or stuck there is no way to delete it! It will keep prompting as partial install app and ask for your permission to continue installing or later! There is no option to abort an app which fails to install properly.

So to overcome that you need to do a factory reset on the Fitbit Versa, remove the profile on your mobile or PC and follow the steps on doing a brand new setup!

I don't see an option other than [Update] when browsing the list of Apps that are partially installed. Is there a way to delete apps like the google play store?

Sadly the Fitbit tracker, mobile fitbit app and PC fitbit apps are poorly designed. It's not user friendly to manage the apps installed. Fitbit should have just used the default Google OS for simplicity instead of coming with their own OS.

Anyway my fitbit died on me while doing a factory reset! 

Best Answer
Too bad! Did you get a new one or replace it with another type?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning, I wasn’t sure who you were asking because the thread has taken on a life of it’s own! I’m on my third Versa, second replacement. I haven’t added any apps, music, etc. and so far it is syncing okay and holding charge. I’ve had it for about three weeks or so...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow. That is a lot of Versa’s. Hope the last one keeps working

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Friends. I did all of this, none work. One hour wasted. Then I went on the Fitibit App website online and they suggested restarting the WATCH itself. ( Press left and down button till you see Fitbit logo). That totally worked ! I didn't even know you could restart the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes this was part of what they had me do when I spoke to the service dept and it worked

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Soft reboot  is hold left button and right bottom button in till Logo appears 

Hard full boot (reset all data) is hold all 3 in till logo appears

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix the syncing issue you all are experiencing. If you keep having this problem, I recommend taking a look at the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and follow the instructions provide there.

If you have already tried those steps without success, feel free to get in touch with our support team, for a faster response you can contact them via chat.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is all very frustrating. I have spent hours trying to solve the problem. The official solutions offered actually don’t work. The only way I have found to reconnect my Fitbit Versa and iPhone so it will sync is the following:

- make sure all updates are up to date but make sure your iPhone is connected to WiFi, quit the app and turn iPhone off

- then reboot the Versa (Hold left button and bottom right button for 5-10 seconds) wait a few seconds then switch it back on by touching the left side button

- then switch iPhone on and open the app (check Bluetooth is on)

- the app should then start to sync 

This is the only solution I have found works. There is no rhyme or reason to why the Versa and app won’t sync but it’s happening fairly frequently and sporadically. Good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all these steps, nothing. Now Fitbit is locked up and wont do anything.  This is crap, only had it for a month.  I tried app on my laptop and it failed there also.   Very frustrating given the cost of this watch, have noticed that heart rate continues when laying on the counter and counts steps just by moving my hand,  waste of money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit replaced mine. So far so good

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have done all of the suggestions and still won’t work.  I can’t even get it to connect now.  It is saying “found” but “connecting to device” has been on for over three hours now.  Getting very frustrated. 42 daysbold and I can’t even return it because of the 30 return policy.  

Best Answer

Is there ever going to be a better solution for this? Pretty inconvenient to have to do resets like this. More than once a month is a little too much. I've had my Versa for 2 weeks and have already had to visit this page 3 times.

A firmware fix would be nice.

Best Answer

I took mine back to the store for a refund.  Too much money to put up with this hassle and Fitbit doesnt seem to carry as this has been goi g on for months for some folks.  Bad business folks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also encounter frequent versa Not Syn in the morning or anytime of the day. I am using Huawei P10+. Notice that whatever I trying to Syn. The Versa go hang and black out . I had tried many time unpair and pair it agin. Restart my mobile phone and sometime work but most of time fail !  I think FitBit getting from bad to worst ever ! Less than a year product...so many problem. My next purchase surely will Not be FitBit.....bye bye....fail to work and fail to verify the products !

Best Answer

I have tried all of these including the suggestions from fitbit and nothing. Pretty irritated that i paid good money for so much trouble! Have only had it a few months. At most. Fitbit, what up???

Best Answer
Just got off the phone with a representative from Fitbit. He was surprised
to hear I was having trouble with my Versa. Hmmm.... really, have you read
all the comments on this post?
Best Answer