Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on and it will not charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa died completely while I was out shopping 2 days ago, when I got back home I placed it on the charger and its been on it for 2 days and I has not charged at all. I have tried charging from computers, and different wall outlets. I'm very upset!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Hi everyone, thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the battery issues that your Versa watches are experiencing. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

For the people who have tried a factory reset, I would like to know how this was performed since this will help me to avoid providing the same information.

In the meantime, I'd like you guys to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. After this, charge your watches for 2-3 hours.

Also, try the tips that are listed in this help page in order to improve the battery life of your Versa watches.

Finally, try a factory reset as described below:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. Set up your Fitbit Versa and see if it works properly

For the people that tried the factory reset already, please confirm if this is how it was performed.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes you can. Try charging it in its charger for a few hours. Then take it out of the charger and use a paper clip to press a silver recessed button on the right underside.(Hold down for a few seconds) Once you have done that use your left thumb and index finger to press the button on the left and the upper right button. Then use your right hand to press the right lower button. Then hold all three down for about 30 secs. Then release lower right button. Hopefully something will come up on the screen after about 8-12 seconds. On mine it said “0%”. Some people see the Fitbit icon. If something comes up then go ahead and put it back in the charger. I did this, and after an hour and it said 40%. I left it until it said 100% and I was good to go.

You may have to try this a few times and vary the time you hold the button down and how long you wait to release the first button.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there! So I tried this, fitbit logo did not turn on. But i still did it
anyway 2x then charge it again. And it actually did charge!! Charged it
full and then did a factory reset afterwards. Thank you so much for your
help.

Aiai
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve tried this reboot you posted and everything about logo appearing,
disappearing, all seam to happen but once I let go of all buttons after the
vibration I get message: Data not cleared sync and try again!!!
There no way to sync because it won’t acknowledge my Versa! I’m so
disappointed, it’s been a month without my Fitbit tracking, I’ve text and
spoke with Fitbit and the Fitbit community I still have had no positive
outcome.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

I updated the software it’s been awful then just died! 

Best Answer

I got mine running but i fell asleep watching tv and it went dead and now the time and the date are wrong and i don't know how to reset it, it is the worst smart watch i have ever had ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes

Over the span of two years, I had three Fitbit versas simply die. The first one stopped working one month after the one-year manufacturer's warranty period.  Before it died, however, I loved the the features and watch and gifted my wife a versa. Since I needed my versa for tracking steps for company health insurance purposes, my wife gave me hers back. A few months later, hers died.  Since her watch was still under warranty, I contacted Fitbit. They gave me a new watch. Then again, five months later it died. All three watches were in pristine condition. They never underwent any damage.  I consider myself an average Fitbit user. The watch was never subject to any harsh conditions or even swimming aside from using it in the shower. Yet, they simply died. Fitbit's apps are great, however, their watch is terrible. Fitbit lacks quality control. Based on the reviews that I read online, the Fitbit Versa watch has a history of simply going dead.  I have a Samsung Gearfit Pro 2 that I have had for over three years.  I gave it to my 7-year-old son who loves it. It still works well.  If it weren't for the health care insurance who required only a Fitbit watch (no apple watch, no samsung watch, no other watches), I would not have initially purchased my versa. When I did, I liked the watch. However, the black screen of death on Versas is more prevalent than I thought. I understand that sometimes due to bad manufacturing, several (hundreds/thousands) of watches might be defective, but each time the watch that I purchased/received was during different times and directly from Fitbit, not a third-party retailer. If you do purchase a Versa, make sure you get the two-year warranty as it will most probably stop functioning one fine day. 

Best Answer

HI, my Fitbit Versa started playing up recently (2 weeks ago) wouldn’t sync to my app, displayed wrong time, displayed a heart rate when not worn and more. I deleted it from my iPhone, rebooted it, connected again, finally got it to sync and connect via wifi after many tries. Continued to have problems. Put it on charge over weekend, went to wear it and nothing, no charge, can’t reboot, it’s dead. I’ve been thru both help pages you advised and it dead:((( please advise. Trudi

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Nellie I thank you so much for your article.  I tried doing a "chat" as well as the FitBit troubleshooting and no where in either of those did anyone explain how to reboot my device.  I'm ever so grateful, my Versa is working again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Nelly G, the information was extremely helpful. It's working again Yey!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too!! What can we do about this?  Has anyone found a way to resolve the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I rebooted the versa and when the fitbit logo came up I put it in the charger. I did it twice before placing it in the charger

Kind Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly you can’t do a factory reset when the Fitbit is stone dead. It won’t even pick it up on the app now 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine worked with it stone dead, I just had to try 2/3 times then quickly put it in the charger

Kind Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. Mine appears to be kaput. I’ve tried it prob 10 times. One of the cells on back is a different colour like it’s not viable.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh no I am so sorry to hear about that

Kind Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m so disappointed with Fitbit, I’ve been without my Versa for 6mo. Trying
everything under the sun to fix this, finally found a # to call and talk to
a live person, the message stated before agent (Troy) came on, that if call
got dropped the agent would call me back (didn’t happen). I told Troy all
the issues with my Versa and just as he was saying, he was positive he
could help me the line dropped ( surprise surprise ), I waited a little
bit, no return call I called back and had to explain everything all over
again and she was unable to help me or replace my Versa!
She stated it was beyond warranty by 2 mo. And I’ve been unable to get it
working for the past 6 mo. Before I was able to speak with a live agent I
went and bought a new Versa 2, (299.95) if I thought they were gonna be so
uncooperative I would have gone and bought an Apple Watch!!! Never again!!
I was loosing money and points at work because I was unable to track my
stats. I’ve never been so upset with a company as I am right now with
Fitbit!!’

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
I don’t think so my next option wil be forget Fitbit all together until
they get their **ahem** together!! They have had plenty of complaints that they
should have fixed it by now.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

True, mine just died now and it was fully charged. It wasn’t reading anything at all. Stats were incorrect

Kind Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this advice it has done the trick.😌

Best Answer
0 Votes