Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on or charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have already had to replace after a year, had this one for 11 months and it has done the same thing. Said it was low battery, died after it said 25% now won't charge. Have tried numerous trouble shooting options nothing is working.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hi there @KayJay08, thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa is not turning on or charging. Thanks for letting me know that you've tried all the tips and recommendations provided in the forums to fix your watch, I'll be glad to assist you with this.

As per the description of your post it seems that the battery of your Fitbit may not be charging properly and therefore does not turn on. I recommend that you follow these steps (or please confirm that you've followed them as described below):

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, please follow the next steps to perform a factory reset on your device:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

I'll be waiting for your reply if further assistance is needed.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will not respond to any of the above. What’s next ? I can’t seem to get any help from you guys. Super disappointed. 

Best Answer

Hi there @TiffyH, welcome here. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this situation with your Versa. 

I appreciate you've taken the time to follow the tips and recommendations I provided. Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible since our support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

We hope your issue is solved soon.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have gone through all steps, try to reset doesn't do anything, no lights, nothing on screen , no vibration. Had on charger a full day. It was warm when I took it off so I know components are connecting properly.

Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same problem. Cleaned the contacts, held the three buttons in until my fingers hurt (more than three minutes) and nothing... no signs of life. I DO see what looks like condensation inside the heart beat sensors though. Wondering if the moisture seal failed. 

Best Answer

I too am having the same issues as reported.

I have followed all of the instructions on how to clean etc.

I have purchased a new charger from Fitbit and my Versa is still not charging

I do have a question are you able to be able to "reset" your Versa if it is completely dead? Although I have tried holding in the buttons until my fingers hurt nothing is working. 

I have had my Versa for maybe 2 1/2 years if what i can find for purchase history is for the Versa.. I have ordered multiple Fitbits in the past. For myself and as gifts.

Per my dashboard on my phone it shows the last date it synced was on 6/7/20 with a version of 70.7.14 and it shows battery life of medium..

Is it time to change to a Charge4 Fitbit?

So frustrating that all of a sudden it no longer works.. Do they have a short lifespan?

Best Answer

Hello @KayJay08@RonnieAB, and @Sleves01. Thanks for all the details shared in your posts about your Versa smartwatches' behavior and for your efforts in fixing them. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. 

Hey @Sleves01! In regards to your inquiries, you can reset the Versa even when the screen is totally black, if you feel a vibration when connecting it to the charger, a restart can be done. About the longevity, our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

I'm also having a similar problem. Last night my versa was wet it started going to the alarm on its own and then I took it off and out of the water and now it won't turn on. When I tried to charge it, it became very hot. I tried holding 3 buttons and the back and lower button and nothing happened. Please help! 😰

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @LauraD15, thanks for stopping by and reporting your Versa's behavior. I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your watch, I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the inconvenience. I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

We hope to get you back on track soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course they can not help me only offer 25% off a new watch. This watch is not even two years old and has been well taken care of. I’m beyond disappointed. 

Best Answer

Hi there @TiffyH. We understand and respect your decision regarding the 25% our Support Team previously offered.

Please know that when a Fitbit devices is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option. For our full warranty terms and conditions, see our Return Policy and Warranty.

Fitbit does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. See the Fitbit Terms of Service for details of your rights with respect to use of the software and related services.

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will not respond to any of the above steps. I have been trying for couple of days now. What’s next please? 

Best Answer

Hi there @AbbiA, welcome on board. Thanks for letting me know that you've tried the steps I recommended above. 

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I too just got the 25% discount on a new fit bit so apparently that means we have no idea how to resolve your issue

Now to make a decision on which one

Charge 4 where I cannot use wireless headphones or Versa 2 where I don’t need or want Alexa unless I can turn that ability off

Was really hoping for a solution on the one I currently have 

Very Disappointing 

Best Answer

I wanted to report back that I called customer service and the reset worked on my phone.

This is the second time customer service from FitBit has impressed me. I am so very happy LOL.

Best Answer
What is the number please
Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit customer service is 8776234997

Good luck!

Best Answer

I have had the same issue and i have tried to do all that support has given me. I'm not sure what else i can do. I really don't want to get a new one. 

Best Answer

I am so sorry. I know how you feel. I think the versa 2 is too large so I'm happy to stay with the versa 1. I hope your versa comes back for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes