Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on or charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my versa refuses to turn on, Im not sure what the issue is. I have tried all suggestions online, and 3 different chargers. It is less than 2 yrs old. Please help! Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
40 REPLIES 40

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Johnny686. Keep me posted if you need anything else. Have a good day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa I bought 18 months ago died last night, I put it in the charger overnight nothing.  This morning swapped out chargers, nothing.  Cleaned the watch and the charger, still not charging.  I tried holding all three buttons down for 10-12 seconds and that turned it on?  It is working now, not sure why it was off or did not come back when put in the charging station

Best Answer
Hello,

Yes I did update my versa watch a few days prior to 6/19/20 when it stopped working.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
Best Answer

Hi Malissa033

mine stopped working after updating the software as well and told me the same thing that I would have to buy a new at a discount because it’s out of the 1yr warranty. This is absolutely unfair since the problem was caused by their updates and they told me that my device was either exposed to extreme weather conditions or usage, which bullocks! I’ve had mine for less than 2 yrs and haven’t subjected it to none of that, this is caused by their faulty product that was triggered by their updates. There are ppl with similar complaints here on this board whose devices are less than a year old, this shows that the culprit is either their updates or mechanical flaws in their devices. 

Best Answer

Hi there @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post and for taking the time to troubleshoot your Versa prior to posting here. I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you since due to recent events affecting our operations.

Hello @Safaripunch, welcome on board. We understand and respect your decision regarding the 25% our Support Team previously offered. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Our warranty provides replacements for devices deemed to have a manufacturer's defect within 365 days of purchase and please trust that Fitbit's mission is to empower and inspire you to live a healthier, more active life. We design products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life so you can achieve your health and fitness goals, whatever they may be. This is also the reason we tried to check for the possible options that we can provide you based from your warranty.

Fitbit does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. See the Fitbit Terms of Service for details of your rights with respect to use of the software and related services.

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am still getting a run around from support telling me to do things I have already done. I am getting very frustrated and disappointed. I am starting to thing that the last firmware update was some sort of planned obsolescence. I‘ve seen where they are offering 25% off coupons for a new Fitbit if they can’t solve the problem. That won’t work for me. If they can’t solve my problem I’ll either just use my old Charge 2 or go to a different brand.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you so much Mr Glover holding all 3 buttons together worked!!! thank you i was so worried 👍👍👍

Best Answer

If you’re taking into considerations, what actions are going to come out of this? I certainly hope more will be done for I don’t feel that I should be fleeced for a new Fitbit because I updated your software. This is definitely on Fitbit for right after I updated my device, it started flickering and inoperable, only option I had, was to turn it off and couldn’t turn it back on again. I’m sure I’m not the only one and it seems your devices are not built to last longer than a year from all other complaints on here. 

Best Answer
I held down all 3 buttons on my Versa at the same time and 0% appeared on the screen. That is the first time my Versa showed any signs of life since it died and would not charge. I quickly put the device on the charger while the 0% was displayed on the screen. After about 20 minutes on the charger, I checked the device. My Versa had charged to 23%. It is still on the charger and gaining power. I suggest that all Versa users who had this issue give this I try. I was surprised, but it actually worked for me!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@MarreFitbit BF70F888-B0CB-4E3F-9D4D-1824EFA6BD3E.jpeg

I’ve done all of that and I only get blue lines on the two sides of my screen and nothing else. Even if i leave it on the charger for hours, it’s the same blue lines. 

Best Answer

Hi! 

I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Please know that when a Fitbit devices is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option. For our full warranty terms and conditions, see our Return Policy and Warranty.

Fitbit does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. See the Fitbit Terms of Service for details of your rights with respect to use of the software and related services.

If you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps to fix your watch and contacted our Support Team, but are not satisfied or agree with the resolution of your case, please get in touch with our them again or you can check our warranty policies here for a better understanding of the information that they provided to you.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit I’ve exhausted all my options and all I get is the same copy and paste script from different Fitbit Reps. The 25% discount isn’t good enough, especially when the reasons for my device to stop working is your updates. I don’t have confidence in your products & the manner which you conduct your business. I would be naive to spend my money for another device that will have similar problems reoccur in 18 months time. At the risk of loosing all my data that I’ve collected over that period. So I’d rather research & look elsewhere. 

Best Answer

They gave me that same offer. Its crazy that their equipment isn't lasting. The rep wasn't helpful at all. 

Best Answer

Yap and considering it coincides with the timing of their updates, it all sounds suspicious to me. And they try make it seem like the 25% is a generous offer which it isn’t for they’re still making a decent profit on it for the 25% is significantly less than what they offer to their major retailers. If I were to buy another one I would be down $350 for a device that may have the same problems in 18mnths. I wish I did a thorough research on them prior to buying 18mnths ago for I would’ve been better off with a different brand. But I’ve learned my lesson 

Best Answer

Hi there @Safaripunch and @2ĺI understand that the outcome of your case with our Support Team is not fulfilling your expectations, but keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our them again and also, you can check our warranty policies here for a better understanding of the information that they provided to you.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Best Answer

My Versa won't charge or turn on.. I have tried cleaning and 2 separate chargers and I get nothing.  I had to return my first one for the exact same reason.  I was in the ocean last week could that have anything to do wit it?  Not sure of the status of my warranty having already replaced it once.

Best Answer
Fitbit support it seems these case have things in common. Versa not yurning on after an update. Fitbit app showing completely charged battery yet actual versa has black screen. Fitbit offering 25% discount for resolution instead of actually attempting a repair/replacement. Items not lasting 2yrs. Geesh and I never even got it wet, it probably would have faulted sooner. Though its supposed l to be swim friendly. Pages of people reporting like problems and no help from fitbit. Not a good look Fitbit.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

It could be but since you device was recently replaced & newer, I’m willing to bet my money more on their updates that’s the cause of this problem & it’s deliberately done. They’re trying to bull**ahem** their way by saying that each case is different & all that evasive nonsense so as to deny replacements and bleed their existing customers money.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. Based on all the comments I’ve read the common thread is the
latest update. They either totally screwed up the update are they are
building in obsolescence. Either way I have lost faith in Fitbit. The only
way I will continue to use a Fitbit product is if the fix or replace mine.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes