Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa was working fine 2 days ago.  Yesterday I noticed a lag in my notifications, then the notifications just stopped altogether.  I attempted to restart the device in an effort to get my notifications back.  I was unable to use the side buttons, so I had to force the power down using the screen (Settings > About > Shutdown).  Now I cannot get it to come back on using the steps provided in other threads.  When I put it on the charger, nothing happens.  It was at 14% battery when I put it on the charger.  My app says it hasn't been synced since yesterday at 7:50 AM.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I have exactly the same issue - left the versa charging overnight, this morning it is very warm, and it won't turn on. Holding down the buttons doesn't do anything. There is no response from the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried pressing all 3 buttons down at once? You will need to hold
it there for awhile.
Let me know if that works for you
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to charge my Versa Lite for days using different outlets, holding down the buttons some seconds to minutes at a time, even pressing the button repeatedly. Nothing has worked and I haven’t even had it for that long. It doesn’t show any indication of charging like it normally would have. The screen is completely black and I am very disappointed. This has happened before and I’ve been able to wake it up again, however it’s been four days without my watch and I’m losing hope.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @JennyDenson and @RyBerts, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about your Versa smartwatches' recent behavior. I appreciate you've tried to troubleshoot them prior to posting here, I'll be glad to further assist you with that. 

Since none of the steps you tried have worked and as per the description of your posts it seems that the battery of your Fitbits may not be properly charging and therefore, they won't turn on. Said that, I recommend doing the following: 

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, at this point I recommend doing a factory reset (before doing so, make sure to remove your watch from your Fitbit account): 

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

Thanks for your help @Chikagrace.

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted. 

Hi there @MarissaT22, welcome on board. I'm sorry to hear about your Versa Lite's behavior, I totally understand where you come from. Thank you for all the steps you tried prior to contacting us. 

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible since our support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes tried to hold the 3 buttons for several minutes, also the back and bottom buttons, the back and upper buttons, the back button only the upper and bottom buttons only but still to no avail. I will just dispose this item properly as it is of no use now. Its such unfortunate that I only had this wacth for almost 2 yrs and took.care of it properly and will not turn on totally. Will not be buying a fitbit device anytime soonnajd will tell.my friends and colleague to recommen for another brand..Thank you though for your reply.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @RyBerts, welcome on board. I totally understand where your concern is coming from. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes