Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Logging syncs incorrect amount to app (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After installing the latest firmware update, whenever I log 8 oz. on my watch, it syncs to my mobile device as 0.27 oz.  Moreover, when I log 4 oz. and 12 oz., it syncs as 0.14 oz. and 0.41 oz., respectively.  There's definitely a bug in there!

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

I should clarify - when you enter fl oz on your watch, it shows up as the fl oz converted to liters on the app, but still lists the units as fl oz on the app.

Example, 8 fl oz is 0.23 liters, so it rounds it to 0.3 liters, but displays it as 0.3 fl oz in the app.

16 fl oz is 0.47 liters, so it rounds to 0.5 liters, but displays it as 0.5 fl oz in the app.

22 fl oz is 0.65 liters, so it rounds to 0.7 liters, but displays it as 0.7 fl oz in the app.

My Fitbit also randomly adds "8 fl oz" or "16 fl oz" to my log for me, which is either 0.3 liters or 0.5 liters, shown as fl oz in the app.

Needs to be fixed ASAP

Best Answer

Versa 2 is not logging correctly through watch. If I put I drank 1 cup through watch it says some ridiculously low amount of my app like .03 cups. 

Best Answer

This is extremely frustrating. Having the same issues. Either does record to app but says incorrect amt (32oz appears as 0.1oz on app) or does not log it at all. Just bought the Versa2 Special Edition, and water intake recording was one main feature I wanted in a device. Hoping they resolve this bug in the very near future, otherwise I'm returning mine.

Best Answer

I’ve updated and restarted my versa 2 watch and it still does not sync the amount of water consumed with the Fitbit app and vice-versa. Water logged on the app doesn’t show up on my watch. 

It would also be more useful if the versa 2 watch display showed the total amount recorded cumulatively instead of the last number of ounces recorded and at what time they were recorded. I’d look to see the water tracking display that is on the Fitbit app dashboard be used for the watch display. Having them  sync correctly and have the same display would be most helpful.

Best Answer

What it the status of the  fix on the water intake? I am having  the same issue as  everyone else. 

Best Answer

Hi @AlessFitbit I have done all of the above yesterday, including turning off and restarting both watch and phone and still having sync issues. When I enter 12oz on versa it shows up as 0.4oz on iPhone app. Very frustratin.

Best Answer

I am also having this issue. The log is a potion of what I enter

Best Answer

People need to call support and report this. I opened a case yesterday and it was sent to engineering, but important to have lots of tickets opened with support and escalated.

Looks like this is a user community forum, not monitored by support or engineering. so complaining here, while nice to know others are having problems, does not get the info to engineering to get it fixed.

so if you just complaing on the forums the status of the fix will be never because Support and engineering won't know there is a problem to fix.

Best Answer

When I try to enter water on my watch, I get a message that says Maximum logs entered, sync your device with the Fitbit mobile app to resume logging. 

It says this even when I have just synced the phone!

Best Answer

Hey everyone! 

Sorry for the delayed reply. I appreciate the time you took to share the troubleshooting you've tried. 

I've merged the posts here because everyone is experiencing the same issue. I truly appreciate your reports regarding this issue, I've shared them with my team and they are looking into your inquiries. As soon as I have more information, I'll make sure to keep everyone updated.

Your understanding while this gets resolved is appreciated. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Issue: not logging water at all.

1. I am on 70.7.14 firmware.

2. Updated the Today app.

3. Updated the fitbit app.

4. Restarted the watch.

Now it logs the water. Howerver, it is using the incorrect unit.

I log 8 oz and through the watch and it adds point something.

If I add 8 oz in the fitbip phone app it works as expected.

My Solution:

1. Change the units to ml.

2. Forget about the units. It will say 8 ml but I know it to be 8 oz. lol.

Best Answer
I just got my Fitbit and I am having the same issue. Somehow the watch is
changing ounces to millimeters. I am using an I-paid for the app.
I drank way more water then needed for a week, until I noticed the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is entering it on mL no matter what you choose on the app. I’m also finding that if you don’t sync it the same day it won’t log it correctly. It logs the water the day the app is synced to the watch no matter which day it actually belongs too.

Daniel
Sent from my iPhone using Gmail
Best Answer

just to be clear,  this is a firmware bug in the Versa 2 watch, is going to happen to EVERYONE who is using fl oz.

Probably also happening to all the versions of the Versa and probably other devices.

Everyone needs to call or chat with support get the issue logged and make sure that the support technician escalates it to Product Management/engineering.

It only gets logged as a bug from Support

Best Answer

how can you say this is "Solved"  the devices are still broken and will be until a firmware update is pushed out?

Best Answer

This is exactly what mine is doing. I put in 20oz and it then reads it as 0.7 oz. if I do 591 oz (which like you said is reading as milliliters) it shows 20oz

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the details mentioned. 

I've escalated this issue to my team and they are aware of it. As a workaround, please delete the entries and re-add them directly to the mobile app. 

We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is really frustrating. I got basically the same response from the tech support online. “Sorry about your problem - we’re looking into it (someday).” (My interpretation.) No answer as to why they have let this go on for so long. Based on the posts it looks like this problem has been around for a year or so. There was no sense of urgency to resolve this issue. I’m starting to wish I didn’t buy this thing. I only upgraded because of the sale. I’m really disappointed in their customer service and tech support. 

Best Answer

☹️ when is the next firmware release?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with entering water as ounces, which then logs in as millimeters. Also, the Weight entries are wrong. when I enter 225 pounds on the watch, it registers as 496 pounds on the app. I had the Fitbit for a week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes