Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Logging syncs incorrect amount to app (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After installing the latest firmware update, whenever I log 8 oz. on my watch, it syncs to my mobile device as 0.27 oz.  Moreover, when I log 4 oz. and 12 oz., it syncs as 0.14 oz. and 0.41 oz., respectively.  There's definitely a bug in there!

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187
just enter the amount, like right now I am drinking 25 fl oz. On my Versa
2, I enter 740 (even though it says fl oz) when I log into app it's correct
in fluid ounces.
Best Answer
Except for - coffee mugs, yetti's and average store purchased water bottles. Not even the hydratespark I would like to purchase that is bluetooth capable has ML readings on the side. Everything is in ounces!
Best Answer
0 Votes

How is it going trying to find a solution?  I have done a reset on the Versa watch, have the current update.  Yes you can enter in the app but then what is the need for the watch.  When I sync the incorrect amount is being entered, i.e. 64 oz becomes 1.1.  I hope there is a resolution soon as water tracking was one of the features I was excited about.  

Best Answer

The only fix is for Fitbit to roll out a firmware update.

There have been some workarounds in this thread, but only fix is new firmware.

Radio silence from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been resolved yet? I just updated the app and restarted my watch but still when I enter a number of fl. oz. it records as a fraction of the amount (is. 12 entered .41 recorded).

Best Answer
0 Votes

what version of the app did you update to?

was your watch firmware updated?

did your update get the O2 sensor functionality

Best Answer
0 Votes
Enter in mL
Best Answer
0 Votes
nope, when i drink 24 oz..I put in 710 and it appears right..lol
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,
App version is 70.714Firmware is 32.70.7.14
As far as I know, these are the latest versions. I’ve also restarted the Fitbit twice and have attempted to log water from the device in ounces and still have the same issue. 
Any ideas aside from entering milliliters? 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how that qualifies as an answer?

The issue is real. It exists and is actually quite simple.

This bug seems pretty simple and easily proved for anyone having the issue. Regardless of the users preferred unit of measure (which DOES synchronize to the Fitbit 🙄), the user entry on the Fitbit is sent in milliliters when synced to the app. So if you enter 473 on the Versa, you will see 473ml IF you select that as your preferred format, or 15.99 if you select oz, or 2 cups if you select cups.

Let's completely ignore that the company has been selling internationally for years and can't deal with anything other than a US Ounce.

Fitbit needs to put some effort into improving the level of training and quality of answers returned by support staff.

It's a bug:

Document it.

Accept it.

Fix it.

Telling users to not use the function as advertised/ promoted isn't a solution. It's a waste of people's time. Additional wastes of time include welcoming people to the community, and encouraging them to submit feature requests which from what I can see have been largely ignored for years. This is a thinly veiled attempt by support staff to raise their metrics while accomplishing NOTHING.

But there might be hope.

The quality and frequency of bug fixes may be improved once Google assesses the team, and makes some changes. Maybe we will see support for Google music and Google assistant instead of Alexa  and promotion of Deezer, but I digress...

Short and sweet, if you want to record on the Versa and you have this issue (not sure why some people don't have it - maybe they will get the bug when they update) just keep this in mind:

Entries seem to be in milliliters regardless of your preference.

If you want 1 cup just record 237

If you want 2 cups record 473

If you view the data in milliliters you can enter whatever you want, but those values will round to the nearest cup - viewing in ounces will show fractional amounts.

It is RIDICULOUS in my opinion that something so simple can result in so many "welcome to the community" messages with no other substance or tangible value. Forum posts need to be summarized / directed to a standardized KB which contains a real plan / solution or will at least be the place where one is posted.

Looking forward to an end to frustrations (Google if you are hiring keep us posted 😂)

Best,

Mitch

Best Answer

that is the version I am on with the bug.  call or chat with FitBit Tech support.

EVERYONE with a Versa or Versa 2 who is trying to record water in OZ  on the Watch itself, has this problem. it is a BUG and for some reason, Fitbit has ignored it for over a year.

Hopefully before Google gets them to do the BIG update to Google Assistant and all the other Google services, they will quickly put out a bug fix release, QUICKLY.

Best Answer
My issue isn't in whether water is recorded in ml or oz. I can't record AT ALL from my Versa 2. It gives me a message that I need to sync because the max number of entries has been reached. It doesn't matter if I have just attempted to sync or not.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Mitch, I think this is the most informed response I’ve seen.  I will convert to ml.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 1/29/2020

Hi everyone,

We're happy to announce that this water logging issue with incorrect amounts syncing has been resolved. Please download the latest watch app version(70.7.21). Go into the Apps gallery and find the "Today" app and you'll see the update option. 

Thanks for your patience while we deployed a fix! Your cooperation is always appreciated. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I'll try it but frankly don't believe it, after all the other "resolved"
announcements over the last 14 months. There boy who cried wolf.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot locate the firmware update in the apps.  I do not see any app update related to water intake.  Indo see one for weight but not sure if it's what is installed on my device already. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I definitely cannot find the "Today" app even by searching.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IT'S WORKING!!!

Go to Fitbit app -> click on image top left (your account) -> click on Versa 2 -> click on Apps -> locate "Today" watch app -> update 

Add water then sync on fitbit app -> rejoice! 

(This is for Android)

Best Answer

Mine works now!! Thank you Fitbit for fixing the issue!!

Best Answer