Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waterproof rating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

VERY Interested in the Versa.  Will it have a proper IP rating for swimming?  e.g. IP68

Emma

Best Answer
0 Votes
51 REPLIES 51
Ha ha, my swimming pool is less than 4 meters atdeep end and I will be in
it for 15 - 20 minutes each time. It sounds like I will be fine. 🙏
--
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I went today with my fitbit versa into the pool, it stop working. It is a terrible watch. I hope I can get my money back. It is a crappy watch

Best Answer
Thank you for the info. I was about to purchase one, but decided postpone
to buy Apple Watch 4 in September after 4+ years of various Fitbit models.
Your comment on waterproof together with hundreds of consumer review which
put Versa a mediocre rating helped me make this decision. I appreciate your
comment. Sad to leave the Fitbit community yet I cannot stand such
unreliable products they produce.
Best Answer

Also they dont want to take responsability of their products. It is really a scam. The sent me this email: 

Hi Santiago,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Fitbit Versa.

Upon checking in our system, we could not find any order related to your Fitbit Versa, you'll need to return your product directly to the retailer and follow their return and refund process. This information is generally printed on your receipt, though you may also find it on the retailer's website. Note that we're unable to influence retailer policies. 

Please let us know if you have additional questions. We are here to help you.

Sincerely,

Ana M. and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer

Hello! I've been using my Fitbit Versa for 2 months now and I use it in the shower almost everyday. I've been wearing it to the swimming pool and the beach, and while snorkeling too with no issues. I switched to Versa mainly because it is important to me that it is waterproof as I love to wash it every day especially after working out. And I don't want to charge my watch every day like the Apple Watch 3, so I'm very happy that Versa's giving me 4-5 days of battery life!

Don't give up on Fitbit yet! 🙂 There's more to love! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess you work at the company too. I have a terrible experience with the watch. They sent me a new one that I will not try at the pool ever, since I dont trust in the product. I could not get my money back, so I am stuck with this watch. Your marketing word will not make my experience go away. I had a terrible experience as well other users; better check the comments they are posting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I understand that you think that way. No, I don't work for Fitbit. I wish I was, though. I'm from the Philippines, and I bought my Fitbit Versa on Amazon.

I also have an unfortunate experience with my Fitbit device last March. Originally I have the Fitbit Alta HR, been using it for months and it suddenly stopped working one day. Immediately, went to their website and had a chat with an agent and explained what happened. The agent informed me that it is still within warranty, so they are very quick to send me a new unit. Sucks that I don't have a Fitbit as I have to wait for the 3-week shipping because I live in the other side of the world. As soon as I received my new Alta HR, (which works great up to this time) the Fitbit Versa was released and I was so excited for the waterproof feature!

I've been happy with my Versa ever since! 🙂 Don't get me wrong, I have a few things I hate about it like the charger and the superrr annoying straps that I found myself struggling every day to attach. (I have a few straps that I use for work and the rubber that comes with it for gym) But those things are easy to overlook, compared to the things that I love about Versa. 🙂

So just go ahead and risk it and use it every day in the shower or at the pool like I do. You might be surprised to know that you are learning to love it. 🙂 

Best Answer
I appreciate your review. I was looking forward to changing to an Apple
Watch 4, but am not convinced it will have 4-day battery life with sleep
monitor as I got to like a lot with my Fitbit Blaze. At the moment, though,
after my disappointment with Blaze being stopped function after just a
slash of water, I decided to wait for the Apple watch release. One major
reason is that Fitbit only offers a year warranty for US customers.

21pokerkerking
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree that Versa has popularity with new features, yet they are not
comparable to an Apple Watch. I decided to wait for new Apple release in
September. And I will switch to it if it has 4-day battery life with a
sleep tracking. My disappointment with Blaze that could not stand a splash
of water not even 1/16th ounce was enough not to try any Fitbit at this
point.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

21pokerking
Best Answer

Same problem with my charge 2. I received it as a gift, to replace my GShock. The friend who bought it, read on the box "water resistant", this is the reason he choosed the charge 2.

Only after my registration on fitbit site, I could see all its limits about "water resistance".

Customer care  service answered: " all is written at page 32 of owmers manual".

I am really disappointed.

As every runner, I want my mind free when I have runs outdoor, on the hills, so I will keep using my casio which is really water resistant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed that this thread didn't seem to answer your question. As I was researching this along with a Samsung device, I found this explanation about waterproof/water resistance very helpful. It seems like the Versa has a rating better than the rating you were looking for. https://news.samsung.com/global/can-you-swim-with-your-wearable-these-water-resistance-ratings-will-...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @JoyJ that's an interesting article but neither the Ionic nor the Versa has an official rating, no IP rating, no ATM rating on their specs page.  That coupled with the fact that I had 2 Ionics fail in the pool leads me to think that they haven't bothered properly testing them!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Joy J and MiniEmma.

I don'use the Charge 2 anymore. No water resistant, useless when I run outdoor, I already explained all my disappointment in my previous messages.

It is Not tough enough for a normal athlete, it is perfect for sofa potatoes.

Enjoy your summer.

M.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All, I'm struggling to understand this thread. The Versa is waterproof for up to 50 meters. I have taken my in the ocean, river rafting, and many plunges in pools. How is that not enough for a normal athlete? 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

@MarciM I think the confusion is due to there being no official rating (IP or ATM). Although the product page for both the Ionic and Versa state they are water resistant upto 50M, which should be the equivalent of 5ATM. The Versa even has WR 50 Metres stamped on the back of it. You should hope that would be enough clarification. 

I agree though, I'm not really sure what the issue is. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I agree. I'm starting to wish I hadn't added a new reply to the "solved" thread, but there seemed to still be some confusion. It looked like someone was wanting an IP rating for clarification on waterproof/water-resistant for swimming. I was trying to say the information I found was that it had something better than the highest IP rating since the description stated water-resistant/waterproof up to 50 meters. Sorry to add more confusion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The blaze isn't waterproof, or water resistant.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What can you read on the side of the box of the blaze? Is there written
"water resistant"?
That is what happened with the purchase of my charge 2: on the box "water
resistant" and inside the instructions avoid water.
A normal standard athlete shouldn't worry about drops or humidity on his
watch while training or running outdoor, especially when it rains.
Bad marketing comunication.
My charge2 is in the drawer, I still use my Casio.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know what's on the side of the box, i have had my blaze for 2-3 years, and don't have the box anymore. I live in the Pacific Northwest (where it rains a lot) and haven't had any problems with it in the rain. it is water resistant, meaning it can get rained on to an extent, and withstand sweating, (I've done both with it) but you can't shower with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It has a swimming program.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes