Ability to customize the stats/apps on Inspire series

There are several functions that I do not need or want and there is currently no way to turn them off. I would normally just ignore them but my FitBit has this annoying habit of just randomly switching to something it thinks I want, when I have done nothing. It's as bad as driving a car and when you stop at a light, the car decides you want to park so it opens the door for you. I want to control my screen, what it shows, and when it shows it. Currently I can do none of this.

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity

367 Comments
Thambos
First Steps

I want to second @lindsaycat, that the most frustrating thing has been not having a quick way to see steps per hour! On my Charge 2's clock face, steps per hour is one click away. I routinely use this throughout the day to see if I need to take a quick walk before my next meeting. On the Inspire HR, like @lindsaycat pointed out, it's seven swipes! Why make this so hard?

Also, why is there no way to see what date it is on the Stats Heavy clock face? You could easily remove the calories and put the date there. Please allow more customization on the Inspire HR!

Ducky25
First Steps

How many likes and upvotes do we need to get this processed?

Susi985
Base Runner

Can we please have this fixed? I just read through this thread and see users have been requesting this for months! It is really strange that "upgrading" from my Alta (no HR) to the Inspire HR does not feel like an upgrade at all. I really do not want my fertile window displayed on my wrist. I'd like to continue to track that on my own via the phone. 

eglons
Recovery Runner

Ridiculous from the developers, the software already exists and the code engine must be pretty similar... please get this sorted or my newly purchased Inspire HR will be going back to whence it came.

10Smatcha
First Steps

I 100% agree with most of the other commenters here. I would like to remove some of the display stats. I voted. I wonder how many people need to vote for this to become reality?

Miihoo
First Steps

Just bought mine yesterday and now that I have somewhat good understanding of Inspire HR, I second this feature. It's been about three months since people have asked for the customization and there's still no change? Please add it since it was on the previous ones as well.

Auser100
First Steps

I also just bought an Inspire HR and decided 10 minutes later to return it because the display isn’t customizable. Not being able to customize the display ranges from inconvenient (for me) to actively harmful (for people with a history of eating disorders, for example).

Fitbit, you are losing customers. People hate the lack of customizability. What will it take for you to update this?

hgblakeman
Jogger

I just got my Inspire HR and I'm kind of dumbfounded that this wasn't a feature initially shipped with the product. It seems obvious! Any update as to when it will be added?

Kittykatwi13
Jogger

I had a zip, but lost it. i want basic. Clip on my pants basic, already  mad I had to try something different and spend money on a clip that doesn't come with it but now my weight is visible for all and my period info. Like what is the point. I already want to return this and it has been less then 3 hours. I never would have guessed this is how it would work because I thought this was the basic model. 

D651
First Steps

I absolutely agree!  I just got my Inspire HR and it's truly a pain not to be able to customize which tasks show and in what order based on preference.  That and the super tiny font used for the data displays are my two big issues with this device.  

kkrich5
First Steps

Since i cant not adjust what things are viewable on the Inspire HR, I have notice that i will be starting random excerise on its own. I voted and would really like to beable to pick want i can see on my fibit screen.

Meggledon
Jogger

Agreed with what many others have said here - why can't we change the order of the screens?  I would much rather have the # of hours I've hit the 250 steps before the ones with my resting heart rate and distance.

MEBP
First Steps

Adding in my vote as well. I’m focusing on my health by not focusing on my weight and some of the other things here. I miss this feature from my Alta and would love to be able to change this setting and only review the stats I need on a daily basis!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It's odd that the Inspire HR has less functionality than Alta HR in terms of customizing our menus. Strong yes to updating the software on this! I far prefer to see my heartrate on the first window than steps. Tracking my heartrate is the primary reason I use Fitbit products. The company shouldn't assume they know how we like to use their devices and return to permitting customization. My father, for example, can't handle all the options. It's confusing for him. It'd be better to take most of them off. You just never know what people are into. 

Girlnlove2000
First Steps

Yes, please make this update. I do not want to scroll forever through info I have no interest in seeing just to get to what I want! Please make this customizable and allow us to delete and rearrange the display options! 

VixenMcKitten
First Steps

I can remove tiles from my dashboard in the app, but the info is still displaying on my Inspire. I don't need menstrual cycle predictions on my wrist, nor my weight, nor my hours of sleep, nor my water intake. If I could just have steps, distance, calories, and time exercised, that would be fantastic. I know the extra info may be wanted by others, but I'd like to take it off. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @VixenMcKitten! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

sherren630
First Steps

The Inspire HR display needs to be changeable.  I want to be able to see steps & battery life without swiping to a different screen.  I don't need to constantly see the time.  If I wanted that I would have just bought a watch.  

Neetabix
First Steps

As well as being able to select which stats to view and in which order, it would be good to be able to make the stats larger (e.g. have the option of displaying them horizontally, like the Alta).  I can barely read them, even with glasses.

Susi985
Base Runner

I second Neetabix suggestion. It would be nice not to have the time awkwardly displayed in a stacked format.

Nolliet
First Steps

We should be able to customize both the order and which stat screens we see while swiping. I just upgraded from the Alta HR, which did give me this ability. This feels like a very distinct downgrade to be given fewer customization options. We should not have to swipe through stat screens we do not use, and especially those we don't want to have on display.

cfen95
First Steps

Hi, I have the Inspire HR and am only interesting in heart rate and sleep tracking. Due to medical conditions, I cannot exercise as the normal person would, so I have no need for the apps that track exercise. I also find it annoying to have to scroll past the relax app, since I will never be using it. I would love to be able to fully customize this by being able to delete apps and adjust the order in which they appear, so it is less annoying and more functional. My previous watch, the Alta HR, allowed me to customize what stats were shown, and I’m highly disappointed that this does not have that option. I hope that this will be reviewed and an update will be made. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

riffael
First Steps

Are the devs still looking into this? I just got my Fitbit Inspire HR today, and fully updated the software. My sole complaint is that I can't customize the clock face. I just want to swap out what appears on the "stats heavy" clock face: replace distance traveled, with the current date instead. Stats Heavy is the most useful clock face, and it seems strange that it doesn't display the date along with the time.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree. I know that Fitbits are designed to help lose weight, but I value the overall health aspect of the FitBit. I like the reminders to move, and the ability to compete with fellow Fitbit members to increase our steps. I do not like seeing the amount of calories on my screen and I don't like that I don't have the ability to shut it off (whereas I could with my Alta). I vote to have the ability to manage my display settings on the watch

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @cfen95.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing your idea. I could definitely see other users supporting this idea to delete and rearrange what apps you get on the Inspire.

Let's see what other users have to say about it.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.