Add Custom Groups to Mobile App

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

374 Comments
Bgoverman
Recovery Runner

It's stupid that this feature isn't already in the app. makes no sense.

serenabee
Jogger

Unfortunately I just became aware that cross posting is not allowed, so I'll be deleting my campaign posts on other forums to try help resolve this issue before the moderators ban me altogether. It's unfortunate that there are hundreds (if not thousands) of users who have requested this feature separately but since no one is voting together it's had no resolution for years now. Good luck to us all on this one!

AnnKate
First Steps

Like to see a  meditation group, also would be nice if you could show your location while posting on Fit app,

MiMcAuliffe
First Steps
I agree with you I wanted to create a softball group.
Nana59
First Steps

Agree! PLEASE produce a mobile app with full functionality for custom activity groups! I have many family & friends who have purchased your products and want to interact more with each other via their mobile devices.

MiMcAuliffe
First Steps

Me too. I have a Fitbit Charge HR Plum

Shandalyn
First Steps

I would like to be able to see custom activity groups within the Fitbit app

Prathyusha
First Steps

There is no community icon on my app. No groups nothing. This is so frustrating. I used to see the posts in the community which were so motivating. But now, everything seems plain. No posts. No groups. No interaction.

Marip92
Jogger

100% on board with this!! I would say that this certainly a priority for me! 

Taura
First Steps

It would be great if activity groups that you create with your friends or colleagues could be made available in the app.  Everyone mostly uses the app rather than logging in through your computer browser.

Also, it would be helpful to be able to add additional administrators.

Sharonalondon
Base Runner

I use the app all day to check my number of steps and the 7 day steps of friends. Groups are great for extra challenge and seeing them in the app would make them more accessible. 

This was first requested in 2014. Please add it

Carlitoson2
First Steps

I understand there are many Vegan groups in the Fitbit community. But we need it on the Fitbit app, not the web community version. There no Vegan group in the Fitbit app. There a only a vegetarian group. I have already asked several times and am told to go to the forum community to create one or find one. That is not what Vegans want. 

crazyqueet
Base Runner

Think it be a great feature for the groups you join in the Fitbit app to be able to tag people in a post so they know when they get a response. To also be able to get notifications when someone comments on a post ( like Facebook and of course be able to turn off post notifications as well) . It's so easy to "lose" a post in a group, esp one where you may be looking for ideas or advice, because so many people post. 

Zombwina
First Steps

For the LOVE OF GOD, why are custom groups not available in the mobile app? Honestly, had I know that I would 100% not gotten a Blaze. That's basically useless when the WHOLE point of a FitBit is mobile fitness! 

Michael_Parker
First Steps

I really wish I had known that the private groups didn't show up on the app prior to launching a Fitbit campaign through my wellness program at the office.  This is absurd that this feature doesn't exist yet.  It is such a basic feature that I didn't even think to test it prior to launching.  I mean, why in the hell wouldn't it show up?  

leh98055
First Steps

I joined a group on the Fitbit website and I would love to be able to see the progress of this group (and how I rank amongst them!) on my iPhone Fitbit app, not just on the website.  Cheers!

crabbys44
First Steps

I hope this is still active.

PLEASE create a compass display!!!!

JeniK
First Steps

Who has time to fumble through the website on their phone's browser when they're trying to run???? It's a no brained to sync our personal groups to the mobile app.  I mean I honestly don't really give a crap what strangers are doing... Please fix this fast. I had to purchase a Fitbit for a course at school specifically to interact with others from my class. If I'd known I couldn't, I would have gone with a different activity tracker!! 

MiMcAuliffe
First Steps
I agree
jmilbrath
Base Runner
Encourage friends to also support this enhancement request. Without thousands of people supporting the enhancement it will never happen.

Jeff Milbrath, CPAChief Financial OfficerWisconsin Vision, Inc.
Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Sheinz
First Steps

The 1st post about this was in 2014?!?!?

amylynn117
First Steps

Hello!

Many of us are creating private groups on Fitbit but we are unable to access these groups via the Fitbit app. With the fitbit app being highly utilized, it can be burdensome to have to log in two different ways to be able to view and post in private groups. 

My suggestion would be to make private groups accessible in the app version so they can be more effective and utilized more. I would also like to suggest adding the capability for those in private groups to post images like they can in public groups. It's great to be able to see before/after pictures, healthy recipe ideas, etc. and share among a select group.

Thanks!

Amy

Mitch780
First Steps

Just bought a fitbit and am very disappointed that you cannot do anything related to custom groups with your friends on the app. Why is this not a feature?

Atleast let us view the group.

Seaseas
First Steps

Yes, this should've been a no-brainer. The whole point of mobile app is for convenience. It's annoying to have to log into a computer to view a private group. 

Bgoverman
Recovery Runner

What's wrong with you guys at Fitbit? This is a no brainer, and appears under several other titles. This could easily become an iOS function! Get with the program guys! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.