Add Custom Groups to Mobile App

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

374 Comments
JessiLink
First Steps

I absolutely agree!! I set up a group and have several members now. Since it is not accessible on the app, nobody seems to bother accessing/participating. I feel that it is a wasted opportunity. This is an app culture, and I really hope Fitbit considers making some upgrades.

JessiLink
First Steps

I set up a group through the online dashboard, and have several members now. Since it is not accessible on the app, nobody seems to bother accessing/participating. I feel that it is a wasted opportunity. This is an app culture, and I really hope Fitbit considers making some upgrades, and very SOON! 

JessiLink
First Steps

I sent a private Facebook message to the Official Fitbit Facebook page. SHOCKINGLY, this was their reply!!

"Please note that it is not a future feature. You can join the Fitbit community from the Fitbit app. There are a variety of groups you can join to share accomplishments, tips, and educational and motivational articles. All groups are open to everyone."

😳🤔🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

JessiLink
First Steps

I sent a private Facebook message to the Official Fitbit Facebook page, asking if there was a way to access the online dashboard groups through the app. SHOCKINGLY, this was their reply!!

"Please note that it is not a future feature. You can join the Fitbit community from the Fitbit app. There are a variety of groups you can join to share accomplishments, tips, and educational and motivational articles. All groups are open to everyone."

JessiLink
First Steps

I sent a private Facebook message to the Official Fitbit Facebook page, asking if there was a way to access custom groups through the app. SHOCKINGLY, this was their reply!!

JessiLink
First Steps

I sent a private Facebook message to the Official Fitbit Facebook page, asking if there was a way to access custom groups through the app. SHOCKINGLY, this was their reply!!

Bgoverman
Recovery Runner

Thanks JessiLink. Fitbit Fools! 

RBSheba
Recovery Runner

Currently I am a member of 2 groups.   After contacting support I found the first group was a "pre-made App group"  (Fit Seniors) and the second group was a "user group creation"  (Born in 1957).  It is frustrating to have to log on to the app to see my status on the pre-made group.  Then log on to the web site to see my status on my second group.   Is it possible to have both groups to be seen on the web site &/or the app?   If this becomes possible I would be more inclined to join more groups. 

savetrev
First Steps

I just got a Fitbit to compete with my co-workers and was shocked to find I couldn't make a group for the mobile app (only online, which is useless). How come I can't make a group and then challenge them weekly?

also, why can't I set up automatic challenges or repeating ones?

and finally, why are there only a few challenges? I thought there'd be tons to choose from or at least a customizable one!!!

Philyd
Premium User
First Steps

Users should be able to create and view Groups on the app. Making this feature only available on the desktop web page is useless. People use apps

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Would love to see a stop smoking group added. Many people are trying to quit and it would be nice if we could get together and support each other. For many, quitting smoking and Fitbit go together, as we quit smoking and take up exercise

RBrettler
Jogger

@Mitch780 wrote:

Just bought a fitbit and am very disappointed that you cannot do anything related to custom groups with your friends on the app. Why is this not a feature?

Atleast let us view the group.

madchemmott
Jogger

PLEASE add the ability to search for Groups by Name on the mobile app!  I work for a global healthcare organization and my colleagues and I want to use the app for more activities, motivations, and discussions but not being able to even find an already created group on our phones is disappointing.  I hope you update soon to include this handy feature!

safaa_na
Stepping Up

Please put back the groups on the mobile app Smiley Sad

MiMcAuliffe
First Steps
ok

--
-Miranda M. McAuliffe
-mmcauliffe@benton.k12.wi.us
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I keep looking for the “private group “ in iOS app every time there is an update and continue to be disappointed. Clearly private groups are the means of encouraging family and friends to  adopt Fitbit and challenge each other, so inability to see the group on iOS app is a big flaw. Pleas add this feature 

Laura.1985
First Steps

+1 this request 

Alexkriet
First Steps

Please make it possible to view a Group created by actual users in the Group section of the Community tab in the Fitbit application on mobile devices. Currently, group members and myself are unable to see our group in the Community section of the Fitbit app; it can only be viewed on the browser dashboard. Why create a tab in the application referring to Community and Groups if users aren't actually able to view the Groups that matter to them?

Spuds63
Recovery Runner

I'd like to be able to check my progress with the groups I've joined via my IMac Fitbit Dashboard but on my IPhone.

How do I do that?

Meg2131304
First Steps

I agree! I think it would be a great idea if we could make groups in the challenges that we could save and name them so that way every weekend we just click that challenge and it loads with the same people and they can accept or not. We do a huge group one at work and I would love to name it our work name and have more people join & it be easier to just click rather than going through all my friends and finding each person! Thanks! 🙂

Dianne6194
First Steps

Yes please add the ability to see our own groups (the ones we created) into the app.  Most people are using the app for everything Fitbit why would you not include this???  I also really do not understand why you force us over to .com to add a group.  Doing this together is often what makes this successful.  Please please add private groups to "community" in app!!!!!

SFGIRL99
First Steps

It’s odd to me that you can’t see groups in the community section of the Fitbit app. You can only see them on the website. Please integrate!

getfitmanas
First Steps

Without Private Group feature in App, every new user that wants to join has to add everyone in the group as friend to see where they stand in ranking in the App.

jmilbrath
Base Runner

Get everyone you know to post a request to see private activity groups on the Fitbit mobile app. The only way this will ever get addressed is if there is a massive outcry for it.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @shaunnaaubin, it sounds like a good option to have it in the Fitbit App, groups are really helpful since you can get the social support you need to achieve your goals by connecting with friends. Please keep coming back to see how it goes. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.