Add Interval Training Timer (HIIT) That Buzzes at a Certain Pace

Hello,
I'm excited about the new products. I am a run/walker, and in training for my recent marathon, a friend had a garmin watch that vibrated at certain intervals. (Ex: if I wanted to have a pace of 3min run/1min walk it would vibrate at those intervals to keep me on track).

Moderator edit: updated title for clarity, merged related suggestions

582 Comments
Opivali
Jogger
I agree, but there needs to be some simple ones that are presets and also ones we set up with our own timings. The simple one would be the standard recovery interval for set exercises.
CHEECH88
Jogger
Allow us to set up time intervals where Fitbit will tell you when to run vs when to walk.
Jonintheboxx
First Steps
Agree with secher and Opivali, I do HIIT three times a week as well as distance kayak training. As I change the HIIT to suit the needs of that day, and have about three set times for my kayaking, having standard presets as well as programmable ones would be of major benefit. (When I bought the surge I was also hoping that interval traing would be added to it sooner or later)
Grease
First Steps
Same here I run the Galloway method. I want the ability to set an time based interval. Would be nice to customize this however needed- 7 minutes buzz 1 minute buzz 7 minute buzz 1 minute...
LolaBelle
First Steps

That is the one feature that most runners need that is not present on the surge but is on the garmin. It is a basic feature on my timex (non-gps) watch, with customizable intervals (e.g., run 30 sec, walk 45 sec, or 3 min: 1 min).  This is a critical feature for those just starting out and it is really a pain to have to either wear a second watch or carry a phone with that app...  Please, please please add this feature.

jazzinthed
Jogger
I would love to see programable intervals possible on the charge / charge hr too!
Sjoera
Recovery Runner

I had actually expected this feature to be available on the Surge. I just bought it and I'm very disappointed to see it's not there.

Sjoera
Recovery Runner

YES! I was surprised and dissapointed to see that it was not already there. I bought the Surge so I would not have to take my phone with me anymore when I go running (I use Runkeeper). Runkeeper nicely tells you when the next interval is starting. If the Surge would do that too, that would be a real help.

mrfuzz
First Steps

This is one of those things that is making me think of returning my surge and switching to a Garmin. Also how can you make a watch without a stopwatch timer?

My whole reason for getting the Surge was to ditch my phone and heart rate strap. It could do so much more than it does with some firmware updates.

LolaBelle
First Steps
Sent from my iPad
marilync1266
First Steps

+1 for Interval Timer - This is a much needed feature!  I'm considering returning my surge because I primarily use it for rur/walking - I would prefer not to have my watch for gps and then use my phone for intervals.  

johnnymillion
Jogger

Reminder: make sure you're actually using the VOTE button when commenting here to make sure Fitbit sees how many want this feature. Right now there are only 66 votes.

SuziAck
First Steps

I would like an interval timer that can vibrate and let me know its time to drink water! 

PowIdaho
Jogger

Something like Runtastic has would be great. You can build your own intervals.

bradw1
Jogger

I mocked something up for this (my request was for the Charge, but it could be added to all)

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Countdown-Mode-for-Charge-HR/idi-p/636323

flyballgal
Jogger

Vote on this thread, it has a bit more traction:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Intervals/idi-p/572899

flyballgal
Jogger

I think this thread has more traction for this suggestion:

flyballgal
Jogger

You may want to vote on this thread too, same suggestion and has more votes:

inoki
Walker

I really want this feature to be available on the Surge.

This function will be more useful for any situation.(Ex. Examination simulatoin,periodically remedy,and so on)

JJBowie
Jogger
This would be an awesome addition - lots of runners (& others) use intervals to torch fat. CHARGE could vibrate every 10/20secs over a set period (4 mins for Tabata for eg).

Please add this feature!
JoT
Jogger
Would love this - if it could be set on computer (low intensity interval alternating with a high intensity interval). A buzz on the wrist to change intervals would be so much easier than having to keep checking a timer.
WolfRhan
Distance Runner

I would like to see this - perhaps on Surge it could give directions such as Walk, Run, Sprint etc.

Perhaps able to select from a few user programmed sessions for active day, rest (light) day, progression etc.

KarinP
Runner
It also like to see it on the chargeHR, if possible.
ebremler
Jogger

I think a timer option on the Charge would be great, i do indoor climbing and one our workouts is based on short intervals (seconds and minutes), today i need to cary why iphone with me...

nikki_i
Recovery Runner

please please please implement this so i can leave my forerunner at home!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.