Add a "Find my phone" app in the Fitbit App Gallery

We all misplace our phones from time to time. Since there is Bluetooth connection, it should be simple to reverse the notification and ring your phone. So long as the phone is within Bluetooth range, this should be a feature on the new Versa/Ionic. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

583 Comments
JR37
Jogger

Have ‘lost’ my phone so many times and a ping option would really prevent this from happening. Like the Apple Watch, the option would make your phone have a pinging sound then you click on the app on you watch. Please add it!

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JR37, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback adding an option to ping phone. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Good job fitbit, my old fitbit died today and as you have not responded to the request for this feature, it's hello to a Garmin watch for me.  I was even able to get answers to questions on Garmin's webpage. Never have been able to get a chat on fitbit.

Moderator Edit: word choice

Andrei-fb
Jogger

I think that this feature have to be a part of native Fitbit  app. Third party app installation means another process always running in the background.

1leaffan
Recovery Runner
Yes, fitbit needs to build in this feature!
CyHebert
Jogger
I gave my Fitbit to my daughter-in-law who has an Android phone. I went back to an Apple Watch that does everything I need it to do.

Cynthia
1leaffan
Recovery Runner
Hopefully Fitbit reads this feedback? I have never received any direct feedback from Fitbit nor have I heard from another user in the community that has. The silence on the issue is deafening? Its hard to believe that "find my phone" capability is all that difficult to add and it would more than level the playing field with the apple watch. I would think the lack of this feature is a key differentiator for apple?
mrc1984
Base Runner
Smart...enough peope opt out Fitbit might get the hint.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
EWO
Recovery Runner
This feedback will not get any serious consideration until the company is
bought out. Looking forward to updates when that will occur
EWO
Recovery Runner
😞 . So it looks like more of the same ole same ole.
andiellen7
Recovery Runner

The 3rd party apps DO NOT WORK

AND

I still believe that such a BASIC function should be 'built in' and not need a 3rd party app. 😞

andiellen7
Recovery Runner
andiellen7
Recovery Runner

Just gave it another try in case....  This third party app STILL does not work at all!

And, even if it did - $20 fit devices have this built in - why should we have to pay $5 for a 3rd party app?

FlyFrosty
Tempo Runner

My guess is that the app is written correctly and that the problem lies in the Fitbit hardware and architecture.  Please keep this in mind. 

1leaffan
Recovery Runner
I haven't installed the app primarily out of principle. The feature should be part of the functionality of the watch.
JediYeap
Jogger

Yes. This functionality is supposed to be supported natively within the watch by default and should not be forcing us to spend more money that we already have! Fitbit developers are horrible.

Devauto
Stepping Up

It's great that there is a 3rd party app for something that should be a basic feature. My original Pebble watch could do this, and it cost me $80, yet my $250 Ionic does not have this feature. Since the Ionic is using the technology of the Pebble brand that Fitbit acquired, this seems like a no-brainer to implement. My best guess is that Fitbit is making more money off the 3rd party developer than it would in direct sales revenue if they implemented this seemingly simple request. Once again, it appears that Fitbit does not have the interests of it's customers in mind.

LuccianoLeo
Jogger

interesting opinion , but if u will use bluetooth for long battery will off soon so where is reason of it ? hmmmm

andiellen7
Recovery Runner

I'm sorry Lucciano - I'm not understanding your comment?

joabnet
First Steps

Is that for real? I need to purchase a new app to get a funcionality that's alredy built in most of smartwatches availables nowadays?!

andiellen7
Recovery Runner

And the app doesn't even work.  If I'd have known this before my purchase, I would have stuck with my Xiaomi. ☹️

KFK15
Jogger

Could this also be a feature on Charge 4, please?

Kandeesue
First Steps
It won’t work! So many have asked, to no avail! My next watch will be an
iPhone watch. Is worth extra money.
1leaffan
Recovery Runner
Give up on this issue. Fitbit isnt interested enough to weigh in on the discussion over the last year. If you want a watch that has a find my phone feature buy something other than fitbit.
Kandeesue
First Steps
Yes, you are a cool answer, thank you!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.