Add body measurement feature

Can you please add a feature to track your body measurements: chest, waist, hips, thigh, and arm? I would like see my progress in inches +/-. When I'm not losing weight, I want to make sure the body inches are still going down. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

396 Comments
Michael
5K Racer

I don't have the problem with the last entry not showing up. (At least that I can recall.) Maybe it has to do with the browser you are using? (I am using IE10 and IE11.)

TLeela36
Recovery Runner

I was actually just wondering that. I am using Chrome. I'll try IE and see if it's different.

Smudgecat
Jogger

When I exercise regularly my weight often stays static but my measurements decrease.  I have only been using my Fitbit Flex for a few days and loving up but the measurement issue is rather annoying. 

852CharliePapa
First Steps

Yes. Yes. Yes. A thousand times: Yes.

Waist-Hip ratio is an extremely useful indicator for optimum health (beats BMI in my opinion), and should be a standard matrix among those in Fitbit. Short of having WHR as a standard (default), users absolutely should have the means to add custom items to track. When first exploring Fitbit, it never even occurred to me to inquire as to whether users had the ability to add custom items to track, because I consider it utterly incomprehensible that such a feature would not be available. Had I known beforehand, not only would I have likely never created a Fitbit account, but I also would not have bothered buying a Charge HR or Aria scale (which I did, by the way, thus making me a dedicated paying customer). I am looking for a complete, one-stop weight loss/management and fitness solution, and without the inclusion of WHR among my data, Fitbit fails to meet my wishes.

Worse, I was further dumbfounded to learn that such a feature used to exist, but has been discontinued for all users who create an account after September 29, 2014. [Face palm]. 

FItbit, this is a must! Pure and simple. I'm not saying it needs to be a feature included on the free side of your website, but it has to be available, even if it means including it in a paid subscription. Not doing so is... insane.

Check out this Wikepedia article, and, in particular, the references in the reference section.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist%E2%80%93hip_ratio

Sledge424
First Steps

Please bring this feature back!!!! This is important infomration that should be tracked along with everything else in one place. I have the charge HR and the Aria, but it seems crazy not to have a place where we can put this vitial piece of information that is need for weight loss/maintience. 

Leaving us with the "jeans" test, excel spreadsheet, or even another app is just cruel!! 

Please add the body measurement feature ASAP. Thank you. 

Plozz
First Steps

Bring it back and do not remove it for those that still have it. This is a real backward step. I actually want other manual tracking abilities shuch as blood test results etc.

lindacain
Jogger

I would also like to see the body measurements brought back. I now use MyFitnessBuddy for this, but I would prefer to have everything on one place.

cptblammo
First Steps
Why on earth is there no body measurement tracking??? Looking into this you used to have this basic and arguably way more important than something so inaccurate/hugely fluctuating daily as weight but now it looks like you can only get this feature if you pay extra???? What an absolute crock of **ahem**e! As if you haven't made enough money off an £80 pedometer!
Vanille
Hill Runner

Here are my suggestions: 

1. Please add the body measurements graph to the app. 
2. Please display a history of entered numbers on the website, just as we see for weight. 
3. Please display the graph like you do weight and show inches lost/gained in a week, month, three month, and year timeline. 

Thank you. 

DDelargy
Jogger
I think it would be awesome if you could track measurements like chest, arms, waist, hips, legs and then get badges for having lost inches. But just tracking measements alone would be cool.
Rikhoog
First Steps
In addittion to it, put in a body mass index with it!
AllanL
Recovery Runner

You can track measurements like chest, arms, waist, hips, legs.   Just click on the weight tab and then scroll down to under the 'Log Weight' heading and click on the 'log other measurements' link and then you will be given the options to enter these measurements and you can see there progress if you click on the 'Body Measurements' tab on the weight graph.

Renee_T
Jogger
I am looking for a way to track my body measurements and was told this feature was removed from the FitBit site. I would apprecciate re-adding that ability because, other than weight, I am working towards goal body measurements and I can't track that anywhere.
ProjectGIT
First Steps

I agree! Please add this feature to the FITBIT! As women our weight fluctuates too often but if we were able to track our measurements we could see progress and become so discouraged.

SunriseRun1250
Tempo Runner

Yes! I would have thought this would have been standard for any tracker out there. Plenty of people are focused on 'wasit' size so this should be a good target for them

SunriseRun1250
Tempo Runner

Yes! I would have thought this would have been standard for any tracker out there. Plenty of people are focused on 'wasit' size so this should be a good target for them

This could also be used to calcuate body fat if you use calipars 

SunriseRun1250
Tempo Runner

could be used to track BF if you use calipers! 

chat_noir1107
Base Runner

I just received the following email notification:

Dear Fitbit user,
We’re in the process of retiring a few of our older logging pages within the Fitbit dashboard. As of August 27th, you’ll no longer be able to manually log entries for:

· Blood Pressure
· Custom Trackers
· Body Measurements
· Heart Rate
· Journal
· Glucose

Don’t worry—you’ll still be able to export any data you already logged. To find out how, and to learn more about what’s changing, check out this..."

Why on earth would you eliminate the body measurements!?

imhoi
First Steps

Why on earth would anyone remove this feature?? I could see adapting it so that its notso clunky, but **ahem**.  I'm on a mission and its a real motivator,  glucose whatever but this is just crazy.  i would add left and right sides as the measurements ar often different

SunriseRun1250
Tempo Runner

Maybe they will remove it and then try to charge you for it if you want it later in premium?

Windward
Stepping Up
Integration with another app that focuses on telemetics and measurements that fitbit does not want to focus on would be a good compromise. I just dont want to maintain multiple apps to patch together a better perspective on my heath progress. Is fitbit considering integration with apple healthkit?
imhoi
First Steps

That would be wholly lame.  one could do it in an excel spread sheet for free and its not like it requires a whole lot of extra recoding.

the graphic interface is kind of dumb.  i would just remove it so you can see the data easily rather than try and fugure out which line you're on or moving your mouse over mouse of the icon to get the number.

Sally_K
Runner
Body measurements are a crucial indicator of progress when attempting to lose weight. Please reconsider removing access to this log.
Jmunce
Jogger

I would like to echo everyone elses sentiments about this. PLEASE BRING THIS BACK! I don't want to have to get a new app to keep this information. I would love it if it was all in one place.

Lehkittys
First Steps
I only fat weight or body fat % logging. It would be nice to track at least the important measurements.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.