Add snore and noise report on Sense 2

Include a snore report with sense 2.
98 Comments
OmarHAli
First Steps

I just "upgraded" from the sense to the sense 2, after the first night I kept looking for the snore detection feature but couldn't find it. I am very disappointed by this change, why remove an existing and useful feature from the watch especially that we're paying for it as an extra in the premium service. I really hope this is fixed soon, I only upgraded because my sense was acting up sometimes, otherwise this was a downgrade. Please fix this, Fitbit, and stop removing features that were there in the previous device especially when we are paying extra for them through an added subscription.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @OmarHAli - if you are unhappy with the watch, Fitbit have a 45 days return policy, and may apply to authorized dealers too and some stores offer 14 to 30 day return ability/

RitzyPenz
First Steps

I just got the Sense 2 for Christmas and I’m disappointed the snore feature was removed. I think I’m going to return it. I didn’t  think their highest, latest model would have less features than the ones before. And why would I pay for premium if I’m not getting info that the cheaper or older models give you? Total fail. I’m just getting an iwatch instead and have a true smartwatch.

alastairgdman
First Steps

Can FitBit please tell us if noise and snore feature will be added to Sense2.  If I know it is coming I can wait.   But not I will return the device.   Pl ease advise.

Guy_
Space Racer

@alastairgdman- there has been no information provided and hoping for it to come could be a very long wait.

It was obviously removed for the simple reason that the smaller battery would take a huge hit, more than double that of the Sense and many people might find their watches ran down overnight unless fully charged each night.

alastairgdman
First Steps
The thought occurs to me - this need could be met by having the phone app run the snoring monitoring rather than the watch itself. This way no draw on phone battery and the microphone is not under the covers.

Alastair
Don88203
Jogger

Seems incredibly backward. I recently upgraded my 2 year old sense to a sense 2 as a direct result of getting a serries of  afib notices over a 7 hour period one time out of the 8 years I've worn Fitbits. And the 02 sensor was getting flaky. (see the heart Dr. on Friday to get checked out prior to shoulder replacement surgery) WHO deletes functions when making hardware upgrades to a devise? I've always bought things (cars, cell phones, computers tools) when functions are ADDED not deleted! 

Very Disappointed with new sense.

Willemsa02
First Steps

An upgrade means: fix what isn’t working well + add more feature.

it seems Fitbit only focuses on the first but on the second part does the opposite.

I had the charge 4, but the screen quality was poor. Wanted to shift to charge 5 which has a better screen but you can’t track floor (unbelievable that such basic parameter isn’t on the charge 5 !!!).

Hence I upgraded to Sense 2 instead because it would also have snore detection if Premium is activated, at least that is what is advertised everywhere.

Really disappointing that again an upgrade means loss of features.

Hope Fitbit will reconsider and reinstates the feature very soon.

asiayeah
Pace Setter

@YojanaFitbit This feature has received over 265+ votes already. Could you kindly share this with your development team and escalate?

alastairgdman
First Steps
I solved the problem by sending the fit bit back and buying an apple watch. With 3rd part devleopers you can get closer to getting what you need.
asiayeah
Pace Setter

@alastairgdman Good idea. I'm afraid your answer may be chosen as the Best Answer, too!

PowerShot-x
Jogger

I purchased sense 2 today, and I might return it. My grand reason is to have it as a health watch, monitor body functions. I been a fallowers since fitbit 2. Last I had was the sense 1. I actually consider apple watch now. Only bad thing about apple watch, they do not last very long on the battery. Heard you need to charge everyday, some only last 13 hours. Maybe the best options is to use fitbit sense 1 again. I am not very much into any apps. I just want a watch fallow my body functions. The only one to compare with sense on sleep tracking is the apple watch. 

alastairgdman
First Steps
I returned the firbit2 for Apple Watch. Charge it when in shower or brushing teeth - which you might do daily.

Sent from my iPhone
asiayeah
Pace Setter

It is sad to hear no one returned their Sense 2 for a Pixel watch. It is the management's assumption that people will dump fitbit and buy Google Pixel. Is it not happening?

Guy_
Space Racer

@asiayeah- it is understandable that people would not trade a Fitbit for a Pixel. They aren't even comparable watches.

So all the talk about assumptions of Google trying to get people onto Pixel by removing features from the Sense 2/ Versa 4 watches is mere speculation and doesn't seem logical.

People are more likely to go for the missing and additional features found on a Garmin with a better battery life than Fitbit [one of the factors for choosing it] if that is important or even a Samsung or an Apple before a Pixel.

It is probable that a Pixel daily or twice daily charge is not that appealing especially if they are already disappointed with the Fitbit watch and Google/Fitbit, they will far more likely look elsewhere.

asiayeah
Pace Setter

@Guy_ You are spot on. But then I can't think of another logical reason.

Perhaps a big company is never logical or it knows something we don't know.

Maybe no one at fitbit has made that decision and it just happened. 

Or is it a curse? I really don't know. It's more like a competitor has hacked into fitbit and made that decision? Conspiracy theory is applicable here?

Bsettell
Stepping Up
I had it with the Versa 3. Really a downgrade for premium users.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bsettell, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding snore and noise report on Sense 2 with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Lorywd
First Steps
I just moved up from my Sense to a Sense 2 I would really like to have my snore and noise report back. When moving up a version, I don't expect to lose features. Thanks!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lorywd, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the Snore and Noise report available on the Sense 2 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

blubberfatty
Stepping Up

Alexa does not allow the microphone on Fitbitsense2 to be on except when using voice, hence there is no snore report. This is either an accidental oversight or done on purpose to move people to the Google platform away from the original Fitbit. Many of my patients and I have been using Sore reports for evaluating the frequency of abnormal sleep events when they have sleep apnea.

This is possibly a very cynical decision on part of Google, putting patients at risk by removing access to important data which was available on Fitbit Sense. The only reason I replaced my old Sense was that it failed. As others have suggested it was very disingenuous of Google to imply that the snore report was available for Premium Members when it clearly is not.

This should lead to an immediate update back to Google assistant which allows the microphone to stay on for collecting snore data.

Same here. Please bring back snore detection and report like I had with my original Sense!

EODCSM
First Steps

Frustrated I paid more to upgrade to a newer model of Sense and lost a feature I used daily. 

netengineer
Jogger

I upgraded to a Sense 2 and no snore detection?!?! How stupid is that! I think Google has really screwed the product up. I have been paying for a Premium account for years now and all they do is remove features. It shouldn't be had to add it to the Sense 2, it's available for the Sense version 1.

MidnightSky
Jogger

Why would this not be available on the Sense 2? I upgraded, well I thought I upgraded from the Versa 2 to the Sense 2, and thought that the Sense 2 would have all the features that the Versa 2 would have, but I was wrong. How difficult would it be to have this on the device? I mean, it has a microphone. It is suppose to be a better device. But, now I am considering returning it and just going back to my Versa 2. This is a feature that is included in Premium, but it isn't on this device? Please explain to me how that makes any sense.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.