Alarm Should Vibrate Until Dismissed (on Fitbit devices)

The silent alarm in a tracker buzzes only for few times and then stops vibrating.It should vibrate until stopped by the user. Thank You 

Moderator Edit: Edited title and format.

126 Comments
GotRottys
Recovery Runner

@Heskey wrote:

I have just been speaking to FitBit chat support who said they would immediately raise this suggestion to the engineering usergroup. The support advisor directed me to this forum to post my suggestion for greater exposure. I was initially hopeful, but can see that this feature has been repeatedly suggested in various forms for almost a year now and nothing has happened.

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity, labels and format. 

To make things even worse, from what I understand, their new Charge 2 has the repeating alarm removed!!!
Whomever made that decision should be fired.  

I would have bought one to replace my wife's Charge (which broke and lacks some features she would like), and I would like to replace my Surge.  But now it looks like the current FitBit devices will be our last.  The company doesn't listen to their customers and seems to actively dislike them to the extent that they actually remove a feature requested over and over again.

FitForLife8
Recovery Runner

I don't even notice the alarm most of the time when it goes off. I stop using it now altogether. It is another one of those feature that are badly implemented and because useless 99.999999% of the time.

However, I would still place on limit on how long it vibrates - 30 seconds. I know people would leave their watch on the desk and forget about it. If there is no limit, it can drain the battery quicklly.

NukeWarfare
First Steps

I agree I loved my charge hr and the ability to have an alarm that did not have to wake up my wife as I woke up very early in the morning before I leave for my job. 

cBitFit
Recovery Runner

The Blaze alarm doesn't wake me up, whereas the alarm on my charge hr did.

Please implement this request.

blessdbe
Jogger

I had the Charge HR and never had an issue, now I spent more on the Blaze and had to go back to the "old fashioned" alarm because this is not long enough or strong enough to wake me and Im a light sleeper! Disappointed. 

Yasiv
Runner
Not strong enough! Charge 2 buzzes 3 times and then waits another 9mins befor going again! Sometimes i lose 20mins in the morning!
Roboman
Jogger

I 100% agree. I had a Charge HR and now own the Charge 2. The vibration/silent alarm was significantly stronger with the Charge HR. The Charge 2 is hardly noticeable and only cycles twice. I sleep right through my alarms, I will be returning the Charge 2. Please update the Charge 2 with stronger silent alarm with a snooze feature that continues until the button is depressed.

FF750
First Steps

Neither my Flex2 nor my Surge have alarms that are long enough. I'm okay with the strength of the vibration on both, but the duration is way too short and there is too much time between vibrations.

Sebu
First Steps

The silent alarm on my fit bit one was my favorite feature on it. I have owned a surge and a blaze since and the alarm on both is only useful for when I am awake, absolutely useless as an alarm to wake up.  I would love if it were an option to set the length of the alarm to various lengths of time.

Sebu
First Steps

The blaze alarm is waaaay to short, same for the surge.

JensenDonna
First Steps

Have just bought my Blaze and wish I  could increase the strength of vibration with my phone.

cBitFit
Recovery Runner

I upgraded my blaze firmware last night and now have the "relax" feature, which has a very advanced vibration pattern.  If a special vibration pattern could be implemented for relaxation, it would be a reasonable assumption that different vibration patterns could be created for "waking up."

I would respectfully encourage votes.  Maybe Fitbit could give us a choice of vibration patterns and durations.

JensenDonna
First Steps
Or vibrate more stronger.

Sent from my iPhone
cuallaidh
Base Runner

yes a longer alarm would be better

Chriskei
First Steps

PLEASE change this so that it is longer, stronger, or allow us to have options.  I had it set for yesterday morning and it did not wake me up and as a result I missed a meeting and lost a client.  PLEASE change this.

Oonga
Stepping Up

same deal with the new Alta HR alarm. Totally useless as a wake up alarm. Truth be told it's not even great when awake and busy, easily missed!

Missing step reminders, sms alerts... why bother with features when they are not working. 

So disappointing to see that this has received such a large number of votes and Fitbit have the opportunity to fix it with their latest tracker, but refuse to. 

Think it's time to move to a different brand who will listen to it's bread n butter!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlejandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello all, I think just like you guys. Having this option in our trackers would be awesome. 

Thanks for sharing this!

gagafix
Jogger

PLEASE make the alarm go until I turn it off. I have to set a backup alarm on my iPhone because I invariably miss the weak pulse of my Surge's alarm. It would be even better if I could choose a more intense vibration. I'd gladly charge the battery more often for these features.

lhdamiani
Jogger

@AlejandraFitbit any update or just pointing out that this is awesome? Do the fitbit really take ANYTHING of this community topics seriously? Because really, saying that this or that is awesome is not helping much... 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/alarm-vibrations/m-p/1224648#M44870

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Alarm-Should-Vibrate-Until-Dismissed/idi-p/17396...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/Alarm-vibration-setting/m-p/699099#M11712

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/Surge-Alarm-Not-Working-Properly/m-p/618215

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Make-Blaze-vibration-stronger/idi-p/1217806

JUST TO POINT OUT A FEW OF THE COMMUNITY REQUESTS... Seems that Fitbit just don't give a F to what the community brings up... 

JD61467
First Steps

I also have recently switched from the Charge HR to the Blaze and I am very disappointed in the alarm intensity and the fact that it shuts off on its own.  It is supposed to have more features and benefits but I feel fitbit has taken a step backwards in this department.  PLEASE FIX THE ALARMS.

DanielHanson91
First Steps

The alarm on the Blaze is in desperate need of an upgrade.

The Blaze just isn't waking me up. My fitbit one would wake me up because it vibrates long enough and isn't as easy to accidentally snooze or dismiss the alarm.

I've been late for work countless times because it's dismissed so easily.

Sierra1991
Stepping Up

I agree with everyone here. The silent alarm on the Charge 2 needs to continue vibrating until the user clears it.

I do like the idea of an option of needing to walk 20 steps to be able to cancel it, so that you have actually have to get out of bed and leave the room! 

I also would be happy to charge it up a little more often for this feature.

ribogushter
Jogger

Absolutely! I have the Surge 2 for several days now, it did not succeed to wake me up once...

Mpalindat
First Steps

I too find the vibration too short and weak. I used to use a pebble and it would buzz constantly until you turned it off or manually snoozed it. I use a flex 2, as I really only wanted to track sleep and steps and have a silent alarm. Please give us more control over vibration settings 

MikeS1971
Progression Runner

Per the other feature suggestion about the vibration issues with the Blaze, FitBit has has closed the topic and "solved" the issue by suggesting to purchase an Iconic. Nothing can be done with the lack of vibration strength, length or pattern on the Blaze. But then nothing I've read confirms the silent alarm on the Iconic is any better. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.