Allow Music transfer from phone

In the near future, please incorporate the ability to transfer music directly from your phone library. Preferably, this feature would even be available offline.

One grievance I have here is that it can only be done, online, with a computer installed with the FitBit software.

It seems minor, but, there are plenty of reasons this feature is troublesome; for example:
-can’t be installed on a computer (administrative rights on a work computer?)
-or not being able to connect to the internet (when traveling)
-or the connection is terribly slow.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

305 Comments
Anabel
Jogger
Carole :canada:
russianbear66
Recovery Runner

@Anabel 

Please, try to remember! The entire Ionic and Versa communities are holding their collective breath.

If you post working solution, I promise to do 300 burpies every day for 1 week.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This is crazy.  I don't have access to windows 10 to add my music. Do something about this.  Money wasted...

orhanGAZ66
First Steps

Please strongly consider music file transfer via Android. I've read the limits of chrome OS make transfer viatheat laptop impossible.

Alternate: Spotify app on Ionic allowing music via Bluetooth to head phones, independent from phone.

I'd pay a fair fee for this feature.

SteveGti
First Steps

Yes please!

Peridot8003
Jogger

Yes please. For the amount that I paid for this, I should be able to transfer from my phone to my Versa. 

Jude517
First Steps
Have had my versa for over a year now and still no fix for that issue. Will be definitely buying apple next time. Very dissatisfied with fitbit and the fact it was never mentioned

Sent from my iPhone
orhanGAZ66
First Steps

Plus apple watch added Spotify app two weeks after I bought my pixel 3 and
my Ionic.

Respectfully,

Moderator edit: all-caps
Moderator edit: personal info removed

laneli
Stepping Up

GUYS! this has been going on way too long and it doesn't seem as if Fitbit cares about their customers being upset about it. So i gave up. 

I bought a Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music and let me tell you, it has everything you're asking for here! You just plug it into your computer and drag and drop your music/playlists over! works fine in linux as well. It has spotify! the gps doesn't crap out while running and the wallet doesn't disappear after using it once. i love it and i will never, ever go back to Fitbit! For years i kept buying one watch after another, just because it would break right after the warranty was up, then fitbit would give me a discount on the next one and i was dumb enough to accept if every time....i'm so happy i made the switch!

orhanGAZ66
First Steps

?$

I am not wanting to go apple.

Respectfully,

rick_eng
Jogger

Why do we need to use the PC based app to load music on my Iconic? Why not from the web interface or from Android?

Why can I see some stats like total steps only on the web and not on the Win App or the Android?

As Android gets better and better I expect that more and more people will use their phone and a docking station as a laptop replacement.

So why not have the computer app, the android app and the web app be able to do the same things and to show the same information?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rick_eng, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option on the phone. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Tbryant1130
First Steps
Good luck!! There’s been an outcry for a long time over the “You can have music on your Fitbit” only to find out you have to have a computer & go through a complicated process to get the music. I really think it’s false advertising!

Sent from my iPhone
Battousai
Recovery Runner

Honestly at this point, I'm trying to move on from the Ionic and Versa altogether. Fitbit clearly doesn't have the dev chops for this task. I recently got to try a Garmin Vivoactive 3 for a few weeks. Did it have a VO2 sensor? No. And it didn't hold music(that's a separate option....and it supports spotify now), or give me steps/sleep that were as accurate as the fitbit. But man oh man, the software worked like a charm. It didn't care that I didn't have $1000 for a Samsuck/ICrap , and just let me have NFC payment. You know why? Because they realized that a smartwatch is internally capable of two factor authentification. The batter lasted for the same amount of time, and the transflective screen, though lower res, was always on, and clearly visible in hellish Texas sun, to boot. Oh yeah, I paid ~$100 for it. Let's face the facts people: Fitbit is a fan-made brand, and it doesn't care about the fans anymore. I mean, they're a business, and profits rule the day. But the Versa 2 is proof that they're out of ideas (hence alexa integration), and don't want to listen to people that actually care. And trying to play catchup to apple, Samsung, and Fossil, is not going to work is failing. They just don't have the asset leverage or personal investment. All it takes is someone (google) gathering enough data on wear os, and cracking the same algorithms for fitness and sleep patterns. That's just a matter of time, not skill. 

AcadiaSelkie
Recovery Runner

This thread has been going on for about 2 years, and the topic is still "under consideration".  And there are several similar threads to this.  I have to say there are a lot of things I like about Fitbit, including having friends that I do challenges with that keep me motivated, but I'm strongly considering changing to Samsung. Samsung's  activity tracker pretty much does everything Versa does AND I can transfer music from my Samsung phone. And it's a much more attractive watch.

FITBIT ARE YOU LISTENING??

Make easy music transfer from a smartphone or tablet an upgrade to the current Versa watches. Soon. Or you're going to lose customers.

orhanGAZ66
First Steps

Well said

Respectfully,

Ritchiebaxter
Jogger

Android to Fitbit music transfer. Yes pls

iron_fist
First Steps

I love my Fitbit versa. I wear it to school everyday. I just have one problem. My parents don't allow me to use the pc at home so its not possible for me to transfer music to my device. I'm sure there will be a small population of Fitbit users who simply cannot transfer music from pc's like my case. I'd appreciate it if the Fitbit team would make it easier to transfer music to the watch via phone. Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Luv Fitbit btw.😘😘

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @iron_fist, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently under consideration.

WarrenGfunk
First Steps
Please,
The Fitbit team needs to address this issue.
Many people now just have cell phones and tablets.
I work at Nordstrom and we sold Fitbit exceptionally well. Consumers loved the product, but the one complaint we were getting was this particular issue.

Warren G
Sent from my iPad
Ritchiebaxter
Jogger

I do not own a PC  and will not purchess a PC just to transfer music to my Versa. Please fix this restriction Fitbit devs. Music on a Fitbit watch is not available to many people, making the feature useless.

Theronius
Jogger

I just bought the versa 2 and was excited to load my podrunner mp3s I download to my cell phone to my watch at the gym.  The fact that I now have to carry a Windows 10 laptop with me, copy those files to my laptop, then copy them back to the watch is annoying at best.  I think replacing your product manager is in order.  Please point me to the developers SDK so I can write this myself.

Ritchiebaxter
Jogger
I totally agree with this comment. Fix this issue that many fitbit users complain about please fitbit devs.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
FitnanaR
First Steps
I agree. And the fact I can’t communicate with Alexa on an Apple phone would have been nice to know before buying. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Drose1155
First Steps

Since you do not supply the required dongle to sync your computer to the Fitbit Versa 2 Smartphone, can you develop a way to sync music directly from your IPhone.  I was going to use Spotify or Pandora but they both require premium subscriptions.  Not sure why.  This is my 5th Fitbit Product.  I am disappointed that I can’t really take advantage of the music feature.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.