Allow Music transfer from phone

In the near future, please incorporate the ability to transfer music directly from your phone library. Preferably, this feature would even be available offline.

One grievance I have here is that it can only be done, online, with a computer installed with the FitBit software.

It seems minor, but, there are plenty of reasons this feature is troublesome; for example:
-can’t be installed on a computer (administrative rights on a work computer?)
-or not being able to connect to the internet (when traveling)
-or the connection is terribly slow.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

305 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Drose1155, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Ajdjdbjddd
First Steps

Very disappointing lack of commitment to your product Mr. Fitbit CEO.  Two years with an open issue that seems pretty major and very limiting.  I just bought an ionic and am immediately regretting it.  I should have bought one of the cheaper models Without features or paid a tiny bit more for another brand.  

Billions of users are coming into the digital world with access only via cell or tablet.  Right now you are on track to be acquired, deprecated and your brand re-licensed as a piece of Chinese junk.   Ask Nokia how well things go when you don’t invest in what your customers want and just focus on doing things “like we always have”.    

G-Man235
Jogger

Yes!  Would be one of the most impactful changes, to be able to drag/drop/sync an Apple playlist and “bam”, done.

Martie6
Recovery Runner

I keep my iTunes database and music on an external hard drive. It would be fantastic if I could load a playlist from an external database to Fitbit (Ionic). 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Martie6, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fitbit.

Consider it strongly.

I won’t buy another one that does not allow music easily.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

AcadiaSelkie
Recovery Runner
This has been "Under Consideration" for YEARS and Fitbit has made no
advances with this. I don't expect them to ever make music transfer
available from phone or tablets.
I'd miss competitions with my Fitbit friends, but strongly considering
ditching Fitbit for a Samsung watch, which is much prettier and allows much
easier music transfer.
Ritchiebaxter
Jogger
Yep. Think I'll put my fitbit to one side and buy a watch thats more convenient. Samsung watch probably. I may come back to fitbit once there is music transfer from phones is available.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
globala
Jogger

This feature would get me to buy a Versa 2 over the Galaxy Watch

VickieBee
First Steps

I only have a phone and a chromebook. I feel that even transferring this feature to be able to be done via the original fitbit app would suffice as a patch. I was shocked that I had to download yet another app (which isn't compatible with my chromebook anyway) in order to transfer music rather than connect to my Spotify Premium account via my phone app and download a few playlists. 

Even if the storage wasn't much, it would be much less of a headache feeling like I can't listen to anything using the watch, which was the main reason I got it in the first place.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

On the other hand, you can download Pandora, Deezer or Spotify on a smartwatch to listen to your music. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

fwelland
First Steps

Totally got ionic because of gps and music (and BT) and not wanting to lug around my phone on runs anymore.
But I can't load music onto it; I literally have no Windows or Mac machines to use (longtime Linux user). Support other ways to load mp3 music on to an Ionic.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @fwelland, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to download music to smartwatch via Android phones. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Ronuco
Jogger
I would like to transfer music to my Versa 2. That cannot be done from an Apple or Android device, only from a computer. But, the Windows Fitbit app doesn't work very well and I have been unable to get music onto my Versa in spite of trying every solution I have found online. Very frustrating. Shouldn't be this difficult.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ronuco, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to allow Music transfer from phone. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might also be interested in voting for this other suggestion: Allow support for Windows 10 app for all devices.

I hope to see you around.

ClubCat
First Steps
After forcibly retiring my ionic I got a Fitbit Sense. I was extremely disappointed to learn I could no longer transfer music to the new watch like I could with the ionic. I am curious as to the reason such a feature was dropped. I have Amazon music but not Deezer or Spotify. Enabling either would help a lot.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ClubCat, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing Music transfer from phone on Sense. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Kat8383
Jogger
Create a way to transfer music to the in-built storage of the Versa 2 (and other models I'm sure)
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Kat8383 - you can currently do this with the Fitbit Connect app for Windows.

Kat8383
Jogger
Yes, but Fitbit Connect is being discontinued as of October so there needs to be another way to do it.
Kat8383
Jogger

@Guy_ Unfortunately the Fitbit Connect is being discontinued as of October so a new way needs to be designed.

Guy_
Space Racer
Kat8383
Jogger

@Guy_ Thank you!!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kat8383, we wanted to let you know that the idea you recently posted already exists on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for your feedback and for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Beezpopp
Recovery Runner
Since music has been removed i can agree that you removed it because it was unresponsive it would not connect to my watch so why not make a feature to transfer your ITunes library or get mp3 files and import them and sync music so the music app has a purpose.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.