Allow night shift reminders to move (or customized hours)

Please allow night shift hours to be selected for reminders to move. I work 7p to 7a at the hospital and the current feature only allows half of my shift to be selected. It doesn't recognize those 12 hours as consecutive hours. It would also be helpful to select different time frames for different days. I work nights 3 days a week, but the rest of the week I am awake and active during the day. I'd like to customize the reminders for certain hours on specified days.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

579 Comments
lifepest
Jogger
Reminders only work from 12 am - 12 am. I work nights and need reminders to go from 6 pm - 8 am.
suggested fixes:
1: Options to create two-time frames 12 am - 8 am >>> 6 pm - 12 am etc.
2: Allow reminders to monitor all 24 hours
3: Create a list of all 24 hours with radio buttons for each hour. Then I can just select the hours I need
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lifepest, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option for night shift reminders to move (or customized hours). This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

crysm449
First Steps
I work night shift 6pm to 630am. I can only set the time frame from 4pm-midnight or midnight-7am to track my active steps. It doesn't recognize 6pm-6am as 12 consecutive hours. Please change this.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @crysm449, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to allow night shift reminders to move (or customized hours). This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

KristenIhd
First Steps
A lot of the functionality for the FitBit Sense is based on a normal first shift work/life schedule. I am third shift and therefore sleep normally between 8am-4pm. Allowing us to pick which shift we work can better tailor our exercise, sleep, and eating patterns so we can improve on them without having some areas not work for us.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KristenIhd, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to allow night shift reminders to move (or customized hours). This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

tamiwilson99
Jogger
suggestion: the app include a nightshift mode. A section in the app in which you go to put in your nightshift settings / goals, ie steps per hour reminder, water goal, etc. This section would be separate from the daily goals. Then, with a toggle, when working nights, they turn the mode on, overriding the daily goals for the night goals
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @tamiwilson99, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to set night shift reminders to move (or customized hours). This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

MirandaSuzanne
First Steps
For night shift workers like myself, I would like to be able to turn my active hours from 7pm to 7am. When trying to do so, it tells you that this can only be done on 1 calendar day and not go past midnight.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MirandaSuzanne, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to customize the hourly activity for night shift workers with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

MeadhbhRy
Jogger
I, along with many others, work a shift pattern. This makes my sleep really important but also means I sleep irregular hours. I think it would be so cool if you could tell Fitbit your shift pattern so that it can expect what your sleeping pattern. Always shifting from days to nights is difficult so if Fitbit can help track this it would be so cool.
Nicklaus3359
Base Runner

I agree, I'm the same. Working days and nights different days of the week its difficult to meet fitbits bedtime goals aswel as the wake up goal. When using fitbit premium to get a wellness report i often see that i miss my target sleep zones.... this overall effects my report and general health and well being. 

MeadhbhRy
Jogger

Exactly. If Fitbit was aware of your pattern it could expect when you’ll sleep. Especially for myself when I’m coming off night shifts and switching back to days, I only sleep for 4.5 hours to switch back. This will obviously give me a terrible score but if the app was aware it would know about the turn around 😊

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MeadhbhRy, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to allow night shift reminders to move (or customized hours). This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

rjnichols3
First Steps
Setting up activity reminders for 250+ steps does not let you cross over midnight. This is a broken feature for people who work the night shift.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @rjnichols3, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to set hourly activity goal and reminders to move for night shift with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

angerzagift
First Steps
reminder to move wont allow me set 12 hour span that crosses midnight or even 2 seperate times.
either 1800 to 0600 or 1800 to midnight and midnight to 0600
would also be great if all aps not just the fitbit,would allow me to time shift my day.i wake at 1630 and go to sleep at 0900. currently all data logged in "my" day overlap 2 days in all aps.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @angerzagift, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to allow night shift reminders to move (or customized hours). This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be also interested in this other suggestion: Add more features and options for shift workers.

Mommanikki
First Steps
Make more customization options for events to be scheduled. ( bedtime in am and wake up in pm)

Reminders to move able to be adjusted
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mommanikki, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize "Reminders to move" to be scheduled. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

GloProNightOwl
First Steps
Instead of monitoring how many hours I hit 250 steps out of 12 hours… why not just tally how many hours I hit 250 steps in the whole 24 hours? Don’t exclude us night shift workers from your goal setting programs and make me feel lazy for sleeping!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @GloProNightOwl, thanks for sharing this suggestion about customizing the reminders to move to reach the hourly activity for night shift workers with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

juanvan
Jogger
The app only allows you to set a Movement tracked for 14hours.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @juanvan, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize the number of hours to set reminders to move for more than 14 hours. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Noire7
Base Runner
How long has Fitbit been out and not once have they added anything to help us night shift workers?!
How about instead of making us set reminders to move from 4p-12a for me...
Then go back in at 12a & change it to 12-6a & doing this EVERY DAY gets annoying!
Wish there was a way to let Fitbit know when our days start/end!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.