Allow night shift reminders to move (or customized hours)

Please allow night shift hours to be selected for reminders to move. I work 7p to 7a at the hospital and the current feature only allows half of my shift to be selected. It doesn't recognize those 12 hours as consecutive hours. It would also be helpful to select different time frames for different days. I work nights 3 days a week, but the rest of the week I am awake and active during the day. I'd like to customize the reminders for certain hours on specified days.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

579 Comments
s-o-s
First Steps

My schedule is steady nightshift as healthcare worker. Ironically this product does not allow us folks to set reminders for the night time. nor does it allow move reminders for the night time.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

100% back this idea

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @s-o-sThanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having a night shift mode to track your activities. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Minuo, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track night shift. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jadeashleighb, thanks for explaining why you would like to have night shifts. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Smurfette5926
First Steps

I work 6p to 6a.  The get up and move won't let me set my active hours during that time frame.  There are alot of us night**ahem**ers that would like to use this function during our awake hours.  (Nights)  Also I'm having problems with my watch getting my messages and phone calls.  Sometimes it works sometimes not.  My phone is the Samsung note 10E.  Thanks

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Smurfette5926, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see night shift reminders to move. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Mlento
First Steps
1. Make it so that you can manually input a time frame to look at steps and other stats.
2. Make it so that hourly step motivation can be done past midnight.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mlento, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see night shift reminders. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

IAMRAH
First Steps
I am a day sleeper, like Fire department personnel, Hospital workers, 2nd and 3rd shift workers, etc. The activity set up does not allow for me to enter a start time of 18:00 hours to 08:00 hours for example - I tried it on my Inspire. Using 18:00 hours as a starting time and ending at 08:00 hours (the next morning) as and ending time. When I enter
IAMRAH
First Steps

This is IAMRAH - the post was cut short - here is the rest of it.

those figures into your software, the 5-14 hours stays in the red. It doesn’t accept a cross-over from one day into the next. That is discriminant, and it needs to be corrected. Millions of people world wide have been left out by daytime workers being the norm.

MissKellyKat
First Steps

I also work nights at a very active job. I can't believe the "top wearable device in the world" doesn't have such a basic feature. The device is completely impractical for millions of people without this feature. I just purchased my device a week ago and I am already so frustrated that I am considering asking for a refund. There's lots of features that I love, but without this fundamental feature it's just not usable as an accurate tracker. Very disappointed. I was even considering purchasing premium but I definitely won't be spending any more money with fitbit until this is fixed.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @IAMRAH, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to allow night shift reminders to move. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Mjarellano
First Steps
I work overnight and would like to be able to have reminders to move from 6pm to 5am
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mjarellano, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to set reminder to move for overnight workers. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Noire7
Base Runner
As someone whose day starts at 3pm and runs til 9am the following day, then sleeps from 9am to 3pm it's rather frustrating that I can only log my food correctly, get my reminders to move, sleep pattern correctly... just to name a few of many things.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Noire7. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to have a night shift mode to track your activities. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

karkilia24
First Steps
the biggest issue I have is that I work overnights and I cant set my active every hour to MY wake hours because it splits into 2 days. Like I want to set mine fro 8pm until 8 am. 8pm til midnight can go on 1 day. And midnight to 8 on the next day. Or make it so i can set 2 seperate activity sets myself.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @karkilia24. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to set a night shift to track your hourly activity with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Dailydl
First Steps
Allow users to choose an AM or a PM start time, and an AM or PM end time when setting up our “Reminders to Move.”
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Dailydl. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to customize the hours for the reminders to move with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Drdo
Jogger
I would like my 14 hour window to start at 11am and run to 1am (the next day) but your programmer had limited thinking about your users' hours of activity. Some of us don't retire until the next morning and should not be deprived of this feature because we don't fit neatly into your programmer's view of people's schedules.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Drdo. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to customize the hours for the reminders to move with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Mindymomo
First Steps
Consecutive hours for movement reminder should be able to cross the date line/time, not end at 11pm. Will not upgrade to new device of this is not available - why would I?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mindymomo, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see night shift reminders to move (or customized hours). This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.