Allow night shift reminders to move (or customized hours)

Please allow night shift hours to be selected for reminders to move. I work 7p to 7a at the hospital and the current feature only allows half of my shift to be selected. It doesn't recognize those 12 hours as consecutive hours. It would also be helpful to select different time frames for different days. I work nights 3 days a week, but the rest of the week I am awake and active during the day. I'd like to customize the reminders for certain hours on specified days.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

579 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Noire7thanks for sharing this suggestion about adjusting reminders to move settings for night shift workers with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. You might also be interested in this other suggestionClick on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Dcvelbar
First Steps
Allow for move reminders to cross the 12am rest. Example 7pm to 7am.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Dcvelbar, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to customize the hours to receive reminders to move on your Fitbit device with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Smasheralla36
First Steps
Allow "active hours" to be overnight i.e. 10pm-6am, improve sleep tracking for day sleepers
Guy_
Space Racer

This already exists.

Try clock faces from the Gallery that enable night shift working, such as SimpleClockPro

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Smasheralla36, thanks for sharing this suggestion about allowing you to set reminders to move for overnight shift workers with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

JZuba
First Steps
Have the ability to set movement notifications before and after midnight for people that work overnights. I have not found a way to set movement reminders for the following: 7p (1900) to 9a (0900) because it crosses calendar days. The best I have been able to do is midnight to 2:00 (1400).
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @JZuba  - if you use a Sense or Versa watch have you tried SimpleClockPro clock face from the Gallery it caters for night shift workers move reminders.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JZuba, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing you to set reminders to move for overnight shift workers with us. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

LBellouny
First Steps
Please change the code for the hourly activity, because 2200-0400 are consecutive hours.
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @LBellouny - what is it you are suggesting? Do you want night hours? Can you give an example.

LBellouny
First Steps

I would like night hours to be treated as day hours. If I go to set my active hours from 2200 - 0400, I get an error in the app that I can only select 5 to 14 consecutive hours. Those hours ARE consecutive.

Guy_
Space Racer

@LBellouny- what type of watch do you have? For Versa 2 or later, night shift work is supported in the SimpleClockPro watch face for hourly activity, along with Steps This Hour history.

See sample

SimpleClockPro steps per hourSimpleClockPro steps per hour

LBellouny
First Steps

No, it doesn’t function that way. If you select a start time near the end of the day, it WILL NOT allow you to choose any hours that go into the next day, the root of the problem.

Guy_
Space Racer

@LBellouny- There are limitations with the Fitbit App  - but you can use a clock face instead to keep track of hours to move over midnight.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LBellouny, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing to set night hours as your hourly activity with us. We understand where you're coming from and because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Your feedback is appreciated and please support this idea by adding your vote. This will help our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Wordloom
First Steps
I would like to set 12 walk reminders starting at 13:50 and ending at 00:50 the following morning.
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Wordloom - depending on which watch you have there are some clock faces in the Gallery that handle night shift working, such as SimpleClockPro. One of the clocks may meet your needs.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Guy_, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about allowing the hourly activity to cross over midnight with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Cujoking
First Steps
The Setting for Activity & Wellness > Daily Activity > Hourly Activity Goal > Start & End Time will not allow me to set it to start ANY PM time and end in the AM hours.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Cujoking, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to set your Hourly Activity to start at night and end the next day. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

WeetzieCat
Recovery Runner
Please change the hourly activity goal feature to allow greater flexibility. The current set-up not only excludes people who work nights and sleep during the day (which I've seen mentioned before), but also people whose schedules make choosing only consecutive hours impractical. That this is not already an option is ridiculous.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @WeetzieCat, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having more flexibility when setting the hourly activity goal with us. This idea already exists in this board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Missylt0729
First Steps
I would love to see an updated life-style and shift worker friendly scheduling system for the Hourly Step Reminders. Such as being able to set times which cross the midnight barrier or being able to set more than one scheduled on-time. Another great feature would be to be able to set a weekly schedule and templates (working days vrs days off)
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Missylt0729, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.