Allow night shift reminders to move (or customized hours)

Please allow night shift hours to be selected for reminders to move. I work 7p to 7a at the hospital and the current feature only allows half of my shift to be selected. It doesn't recognize those 12 hours as consecutive hours. It would also be helpful to select different time frames for different days. I work nights 3 days a week, but the rest of the week I am awake and active during the day. I'd like to customize the reminders for certain hours on specified days.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

579 Comments
Pottersauce
First Steps

I agree with this! Definitely needs to allow for all types of work schedules.

DblGee
Tempo Runner

Hi Zivug - re: your comment about the food logging.  Yes - the same problem...my personal schedule changes around a lot depending on activities I am involved in.  I finally gave up and just log whatever I am calling what I'm eating....at the end of the day - it's the totals I am concerned with.  I struggle with fitting enough calories into my day.

I am trying to phase myself into the "graze" rather than "meal" method of eating lol

DblGee
Tempo Runner

Thanks for weighing in Pottersauce - the more votes the merrier 🙂

spd2662
Jogger
Fitbit team, please help us night folks! I want the 14 active hours to be my 14 active hours each "day". We get overlooked enough so this little request would make my life just a little bit nicer and easier. Try changing the cut-off time to noon and see how happy people would be with the system 😉
ZooBeard
First Steps
You tell 'em!!!

Sent from my iPhone
yeoman1979
First Steps

@WE third shift workers are too often overlooked. The option to choose our tracker reset time would be a great help. We no longer live in a 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. world, FitBit, please catch up!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be nice if the active hours don't have to be locket into a specific time of the day. That all you do is set how many hours you want to be active and then it'll just register the hours you hit the goal. Because I work shifts, so I alternate between early and late shifts, even if I keep changing the time to log each week, it'll always say I didn't hit the goal 50% of the time.

DblGee
Tempo Runner

Thank's to everyone who is posting!  Please don't forget to vote for the Original Post.  The higher we drive this number the better 🙂

Alisonrn
First Steps
I absolutely agree! I work 7p -7a 3-4 nights a week, currently not able to track all of my active hours. How disappointing, so my Fitbit looks like I don't move!
DblGee
Tempo Runner

Thanks for stepping up and stepping in Alisonrn!  The more votes we get - the better 🙂

Monica83
First Steps
I work 3rd shift. 10pm-6:30am. So my "day" starts about 7pm and ends about 12 pm the next day. I am unable to save the times in the Alta. I emailed customer service and they said they're not set up for that and that I could change my time zone to Europe but that probably wouldn't really solve my problem. Alta needs to add this ability otherwise my fiancé wasted $125 on my birthday present.
bakerman1031
Jogger

I'm so glad this is here!  I'm a pastry chef and work a lot of overnight hours on a very erratic schedule.  I was very frustrated last night when I coudn't change my active hours to when I was actually up and working.

This would be a great feature!

DblGee
Tempo Runner

Thank you for "rolling" in bakerman!  The more votes we get - the better 😄

swidje
First Steps

I know you can modify the 14 hrs to cover a particular timeframe but as a shift worker I'd like to swap between two timeframes to cover day work and night work, either allow 24 hrs as previously suggested or, include a button to swap between two selected timeframes to cater for us poor forgotten shift folk, TTFN.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SolangeE
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello, I understand you perfectly. Would make it more useful for people with different schedules like you! Our developers definitely didn't think about this before, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I will forward the information to them. 🙂

core17
First Steps

Multiple move reminders would be absolutely wonderful.  I work third shift 4 days a week and a weird mid-shift one day a week (10:30a-9p).  Then on my two days off I generally wake up around late morning/ early afternoon. 

JuanJoFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hey there! I really love your idea since it would be so helpful for people that work in hospitals or are very active more than 14 hours like you do.

Thanks for submitting your request! Smiley Happy

Vampie26
Runner
Just got my Fitbit about a month or so ago, well the second one, the first one was defective. I agree, I am an elderly lady that has always been a night owl. I sleep wierd hours and wake up many times during the hours I am in bed and this is worthless for me without a 24 hour clock. Because of their limit on the hours that you can put in I'm constantly being told that I'm inactive like 75% or more of the time when I'm not. If it can record when I'm active and have done 250 steps in an hour during my selected time, for what I have to select from, why can't it do it 24 hours a day. I have arthritis throughout my body so I can't do 10000 steps a day, but with the help of my Walker I am trying to increase the amount of steps I take each day I just don't get credit for it as an activity! I also have COPD so prefer to do most walking late night and early morning before heat and humidity rise. Very depressing. There are 24 hours in a day, so, please get with it FIT BIT!!! Thank you.
MsSpammy
Base Runner
Same for me, my shift is two earlies, four nights, then four off... need to be able to aim for the movement in the times I'm awake
DblGee
Tempo Runner

Thank you Vample26 and MsSpammy for joining in!  The more people who come by to post and Vote will move this issue up!

smythch
First Steps
All I can add is "amen."

Sent from my iPhone
DblGee
Tempo Runner

Thanks for "stepping" up smythc!!!

qdpie
Jogger

Yes Yes!!! I agree completely!!! I work 11pm to 7am and cannot track my steps per hour because I can't change the times. It is so **ahem** annoying!! Particularly since the bulk of my walkng is done during those hours. If I need to set my times from 9pm to 9am, I think I should be able to do it. Nice to know I'm not alone out there!! Hopefully enough of us will make this request!!! Thanks for listening.

TGoose74
Recovery Runner

Just got my Fitbit Sunday, my shift is either 6p-6a or 10p -6a.

Please give us this option!!

Thanks

SH4GGY
First Steps

Agreed.  I alternate 3 dayshifts and 3 nightshifts.  A 24 hour availability where I set my "day" would be most effective.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.