Battery full notification (or vibrate/alarm) so I put it back on

I love my FitBit and have been wearing it since September 2013. One suggestion: the FitBit sends a reminder when it needs charging. How about another message when it's fully charged to remind me to put it back on! Sometimes I drop it in the charger and forget it for hours... Just a suggestion!

Moderator edit: updated title for visibility and clarity

88 Comments
Megster
First Steps

I second this 🙂

Flexercise
Stepping Up

When my Fitbit Flex battery reaches its "fully charged" status, I would *love* to get a mobile push notification (similar to the low battery warning) that my Fitbit Flex is ready to be worn and start counting my steps again.

Moderator edit: removed "Flex" as this suggestion should apply to all tracker types.

Kevalicious99
Tempo Runner

Even better .... the new Fitbit deviced should have an actual battery percentage indicator ... other units have them, and they are on our smartphones so how about it ?

But .. yes there just needs to be better battery indications, both while charging and while in normal use. A percentage indicator would be better than an email .. but my opinion.

Sadly the Flex is limited in many ways .. and I had a Flex once, gave it away.

jwdaniels
Recovery Runner

I posted this elsewhere, but it was suggested that I repost it here so here it is:

I know that there is a low battery notification, and I really appreciate that feature.  Would it be possible to also receive a notification when the battery is fully charged?  This would help prevent overcharging as well as remind the user to put their Flex back on once it's charged.  Nothing is as frustrating as walking around for a while and then realizing that you forgot to put your Flex back on after charging it.

When I say notification, I mean via the app on my phone.

10times
First Steps

It would be nice if you had the option to quickly switch over to using your phones motion sensor if you had one (like a iphone 5s) while your fitbit is charging - then when it is charged you would be able to toggle back quickly to start using the fitbit tracker again.  Sometimes I feel like I'm 'missing out' on steps while my fitbit is charging.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Definitely agree with this one, there are many days when I put the fitbit in the charger then forget to put it back on my wrist.  If I got a notification when it was charged, it'd prompt me to put it back on my wrist.

Surely this can't be too tricky? 🙂

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

This feature exists in the form of a push notification on the iOS App, but does not currently exist for Android App, Windows App, or Fitbit.com.

For iOS users, a full battery push notification will trigger when: your tracker's battery charged from below 75% to 100% and call/text notifications are enabled. The full battery notification will come in the form of an in-app push notification.

Thank you everybody for posting on the Feature Request Board!

nhpaulao
Jogger

If fitbit could text me when it's fully charged I'd know it's time to take it off the charger and put it back on asap.

jnhearne
Base Runner

Perhaps integrate with IFTTT.com?

Knowledge
Pace Setter

So I noticed the Surge has an LED on the right hand (it is in the manual) but has no current use. A moderator mentioned developers are looking to integrate it for notifications.

Would also be great if the LED can be used to monitor charge status while charging (for example the light goes on when fully charged) because at the moment it's very hard to know when the charging is 100% done (I always have to guess because a full battery doesn't usually indicate 100%).

Moderator edit: updated title for visiblity and clarity

photokat
First Steps

great idea and I agree and fully charged message would be perfect 

akosnitzky
Strider
Thank you. I thought I was missing a setting. I added my vote.
waltmawk
Jogger

I agree, this would be a sweet feature.  I did want to ensure you were aware of going to the settings/alarms/exercise screen which displays a lightning bolt while charging next to current battery level, and disappears when done charging.  Just mean time workaround until this feature gets implemented.  HTH.

Kevalicious
Recovery Runner

This is the only area I have found that the Surge really fails at .. having owned a Force, even it had a much better charging indicator.  It is time Fitbit to fix this .. as well as a real battery life indicator.

321mutley
Jogger
I have a surge and have issues with charging. I find the connection on the back of the watch is poor and the cable doesn't lock in well enough. When I plug in to charge and put the watch down the weight of the cable is enough to pull the plug away just enough to prevent charging. Can you add something to the app that shows the watch is actually charging and also have an alert sent to you when it's fully charged like the alert you get when the battery is low.
Brandonpettit
Stepping Up
Full battery alert would be awesome
danieldbower
First Steps

I currently get a notification when the charge level on my charge hr is low.

It would be nice to get another notification when it is done charging, so that I know it is ready for me to put it back on.

Thanks!

Csheerer
Recovery Runner
I agree love to have it send a message to my iPhone from my Surge.
primarythoughts
First Steps
Just as you detect when our battery is low and notify us. Please set up the same for once the charge is complete for those that want to put it back on quickly or forget to put it on in a timely manner. Personally, I often miss the day following a charge because I forget to grab it on my way out the door. Sure you could pull some data on that to justify the new feature. Should increase usage for those that forget for several days... #yayfitbit
fat2fit2014
Jogger

I would love for my Surge to be waterproof so I can swim and record laps / open water swims for triathlon training #Awesome 

Also squash to the activities please 😉 

kerrid
Keeping Pace

I just received an update that users with the charge, charge hr, & surge will receive notification when their units are fully charged. What about us flex users? We get notification when our battery is low. Why not when fully charged? Thanks for listening

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity and added labels

Status changed to: New
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Sounds like a great idea @nhpaulao! Just like there is a notification when the battery is low, I think this could be very helpful so you can just grab the tracker from the charger and put it on. 

I will gladly send your request to our team members so they can take it into consideration. Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum. Thanks!

JPZimbo
First Steps
A % indication is the best. But a message too & possibly the lightening icon going out.
steve2000
Recovery Runner

It is great having a reminder sent to say my Fitbit Charge HR needs charging, it would also be good to get the same alert when the Fitbit is fully charged as I often forget that I have put it on charge and leave home for work without out it on.

This means I often miss a day of recirded excercise which is dissapointing.

mbrett
Tempo Runner

The Fitbit Surge has an indication that it is charging, but it would be nice to have an indication that it has fully charged and can be disconnected from the charge cable.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.