Bring back heart rate graph format in exercise tile

With the latest update to the fitbit app and the new interface, it seems the heart rate graph and ability to recategorize the type of exercise is gone. this was one of the main reasons I have and enjoy fitbit over the other trackers. Please bring these features back in an update to the phone app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

76 Comments
linda.murph
First Steps
The new layout for exercises are dull and boring! There is no colour and it is not clear how many minutes you were in each zone. I used to get a boost looking at my results with the previous layout. Think us fit bit users deserve a bit of colour.. I have put my friends off buying them for xnas presents..
MaryStevens5
First Steps

DO NOT LIKE the new exercise format!!

no way to track my other exercises like lifting weights.  

No details on levels of exercise like cardio, peak etc. 

No time line. 

this update makes me want to ditch my Fitbit and buy something else. 

Nicocena
First Steps

I am getting really concerned with the changes to the app. It appears colors are being dropped, little bu little from all sections, and styles are being changed too. This is making the app worse and worse in terms of readability and usability. The exercise section was the latest to lose all icons and colors. It became completely anonymous and difficult to navigate. I am sorry to be blunt, but the graph of bpm displayed when you click on each single activity (walk, workout, etc) is absolutely unreadable. Horrible.

One of the reasons for me to buy a new fitbit was the sleep duration and quality features. The graphs are still the ones I enjoyed from this summer. Please do not touch them.

alexmckelly
First Steps

I agree. The new app update is terrible. It has removed pretty much all the exercise features worth having. In particular, being able to track your heart rate during exercise is essential. Please can we revert to the previous update. This updates has nothing to recommend it

jph2
Jogger

I was not fond of the new app design but I could deal with it. Until today when I went to look at my workout breakdown of cardio, peak, etc. only to find that graph essentially gone. With much work, you can get a pathetically poor look at a single zone time, but not the time per zone for the workout. What a tragic step backwards, making the app almost worthless. This is such a disappointment. Bring back the old features!

Miranda1982
Jogger
The new app sucks!! Totally pointless device now, that I will be returning and getting an Apple Watch instead. The whole point of this fitness tracker was to track my activity in different heart rate zones. Why take that away? Totally stupid idea. I’ll never buy a Fitbit again!
StepGirl1
First Steps

I agree 100%   

If they don't bring back the features from the old app,  I will need to find a different device and discontinue my FitBit use.  I specifically need to know my highest heart rate during a workout and the new design makes it nearly impossible.  It doesn't show a peak heart rate anywhere besides on a chart which is nearly impossible to read.   Such a terrible idea.

JimboNJ
Jogger

I agree completely.  I began using an Inspire HR in 2019.  I found the heart rate info - heart rate average, the graph - very useful to view in the phone app.  Now it's gone completely from the Exercise view in the app.  The only way to see it is to log in to the website with a computer.

There are other lost features that make this a step backward.  Here's just one: the ability to title exercise events myself.  When I do a race, I want to call it by name, not just bury it as one "Run" among hundreds.

I am about to step up training for longer races and faster paces.  Other apps I use like Strava and Nike Run Club refuse to sync heart rate data recorded by my Fitbit no matter how hard I try using their/your directions.  This is the last straw for me.  I will be buying another fitness tracker brand for my next device.

ronskis
Jogger

LauraHenry, you could not have stated it any better.  I could not agree more.  I have stuck with FitBit for a few years with all of its problems, but when they eliminate the core feature, it renders the FitBit useless.  Ironically I used the online chat first to ask about what I perceived as a bug in the new interface, and they directed me over to this forum to request this “new feature”, where I saw your post of exactly what I was complaining about to the chat person Anthony.  He stated that the new interface offered the best of FitBit and google with the merger.  How naive did he think I was.  Unless someone in FitBit with some authority responds quickly with assurance that the feature will be restored ASAP, I think it is finally time to cave in and ask Santa for an Apple Watch.

end1212
Jogger

I agree. I'm ready to move on from Fitbit after many years. I feel like Fitbit is taking away all the good features that have kept me such a loyal customer. Guess It'll be an Apple Watch for me from now on.

Ryandrawsbirds
First Steps

Hoping FitBit fixes this – heart rate is literally the only thing I have the app/watch for.  I will have to switch out of necessity

Ryandrawsbirds
First Steps
The new app update took this feature away – I use the app exclusively to track sleep and heart rate.
Ernsthart
First Steps

Exactly this.. all of the good and easy to exces features are disappearing.. adding mindfulness? Changing sport type? Sport details?! I can’t see anything anymore… hope this gets changed SOON!

Dorien17
First Steps

For me also this is the most important feature, which I miss since the update. I was ready to replace my fitbit charge 4 for a new one, but I will wait now to see if this is solved soon. If not, I will leave Fitbit after many years.

Luciamanzanero
First Steps

Totally agree with everyone, what a step backwards having the best feature removed! I also preferred the look of the previous user interface before the merge with Google. I really hope it gets resolved very soon and don’t have to move onto other trackers after 7 years using Fitbit.

RHS324
Jogger

Yes! I had to google this issue. Why on earth is the heart rate data no longer displayed for exercise?! Absolutely horrible. I’ve been a Fitbit user for well over an decade and not sure I’m going to stick it out. The new app is horrible. How about showing us a rolling 7 days of steps? 

Powerspin
First Steps

I agree with everything people have said about this issue. PLEASE revert back to heart rate data as it was. It is the main reason why I have this Fitbit. 

ArnyKir
First Steps
I used to track my exercise by watching the percentage of time spent in heart rate zones. First you hid it then in the latest update it’s gone altogether! I know there’s time in each zone but I really prefer percentages. Can we please have it bad and have both? Pretty please?!
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi there, @LauraHenry. Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exists on the Product Feedback Board. You can see it here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

You also had shared a unique product feedback, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @linda.murph, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the heart rate graph on the Exercise tile with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Ryandrawsbirds
First Steps
Cool, thanks! Looking forward to hearing from Fitbit in the next couple
days so I can know whether to buy a different device/use a different app.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Ryandrawsbirds, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the previous heart rate graph on the Exercise tile with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Clarky710
First Steps

This is easily the WORST App update in history!!!! To not be able to see in summary format my maximum heart rate means I'll be buying another product as it stands. Bring back the previous app or watch us all walk to another Brand!! Who's responsible for this debacle? Read the comments, assess the impact and remember, without us customers, you people don't have a job!

cpdisney
Jogger

Glad I found this resource to express my displeasure with newest update/interface/changes to Fitbit product. PLEASE return to prior format which addressed all my needs. This new format stinks! I’m glad to see I’m not the only one upset. What once was a useful tool is now worthless. I will not be buying another Fitbit if this is not resolved.

Crazza
Jogger

They seem to have fixed the heart beat in the last upgrade in the last few days but boy the tech department at fitbit now google has their work cutout for them. The new upgraded app now freezes/crashes when you explore whats in exercise days say check your run or ride the app crashes. I'am on latest IOS and iPhone 15 Pro Max so along with the crashing of the app it has serious paring issues and doubling step numbers out of the blue 

Still only just hanging in there before heading over to apple the lesser of 2 evils!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.