Bring the Smart Wake feature to Inspire 2

Though the new Inspire 2 gives insight in sleep stages, the Smart Wake feature is absent. Other Fitbit activity trackers (for example the Charge 4) do have this feature which allows the user to be woken up at the best moment given the sleep stages.
124 Comments
oxreyes
First Steps

Please add the feature!

The code already exists, just refactor it over to the inspire 2 project and release the upgrade. It would be so useful! Thanks!

JJDong
Jogger
The Fitbit inspire 2 doesn’t have the smart alarm feature which wakes you up in a 30min window during your light sleep, which is a big flaw due to the fact that the main use of sleep tracking is for that one reason, the average human doesn’t look at sleep insights. I would like to see that in the next update.
DavidRiolo
First Steps

This would be great!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JJDong. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the Smart Wake feature available on your Inspire 2 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Izzy333
First Steps

Please add this feature. I just bought the Inspire 2 and I was very surprised that it didn't have the smart wake option as I had it on my Charge 3.

evied01
First Steps

I too was under the impression that the Inspire 2 offered smart wake when I made my purchase. With all the advertised sleep features and claims about smart wake being offered on heart rate trackers, I’m a bit disappointed. Sort of regretting not going for the Charge 4 in light of this news so would extremely appreciate this update!!! 

TomFitman
First Steps

I received my inspire 2 for the holidays and like many others here, the one who got it for me was under the impression that it has this feature. I had asked for a fitbit in order to improve my sleep schedule and this feature is a big part of that. It would be really appreciated if this was added. 

HomoHabitis
Jogger

I feel cheated!  Fitbit's "Technology" webpage clearly says:

"*Sleep stages, Sleep Score and Smart Wake are available only on trackers and watches with heart rate tracking."

The Inspire 2 I bough has heart rate tracking, and it tracks sleep stages and sleep score... so WHERE IS THE SMART WAKE FEATURE?

Even though the Inspire 2 and Charge 4 were the same price due to a sale, I bought the Inspire 2 for its small form factor.

Please add the Smart Wake feature to the Inspire 2, and stop misrepresenting the product on your website.

giraffecolor
First Steps

I told my friend I was gonna get an inspire 2. She asked why I need one. I said, all kinds of tracking and particularly smart wake. Then I pause to check, which led me to this post. Ya.. not buying it right now..

SQ42
First Steps

Just wanted to add my own input - agreed with all the previous comments, I bought the inspire 2 (my first fitbit), and one of the features I was particularly interested in was the smart wake feature, so seeing this added would be a fantastic update!

Sharre9
First Steps

Please update the Inspire 2 and add the Smart Wake! With that inserted it is totally the best activity watch ever made.

Kwigon
First Steps

Yes please! Inspire 2 and even the Inspire 1 HR version should already have all the necessary hardware. Please add this feature, preferably to both of these devices. It would make them a lot better!

aaronweise
First Steps

Agree with everyone before me. Expected that the Smart Wake feature was included and surprised that it wasn't. Please add it to the Inspire 2!

Witchwood
First Steps

Hello,

Really liking my inspire, but it would go from good to excellent with smart wake. Please make it happen! Mornings are hard, guys 😭

CREA27
First Steps

Agree with everyone above. I thought the inspire 2 came with smart clock function as it was really a main reason I got it to help with my sleep hygiene etc. I am a little mad because on the website like others have said the function is available on devices with heartbeat recognition which inspire does. I am really thinking of sending this back and buying something else but will wait to see if the update happens. It’s a shame my cousin loves her Fitbit and encouraged me to go for it. 

Bagpussgirl1
First Steps

Gutted the smart wake feature isn't on the Inspire 2. I got this to replace a charge 2, and have had other fitbits in the past. Fitbit advertised their devices to help you sleep and to learn more about your sleep. But then decide to not give you this feature on the Inspire 2. It is smaller so much nicer to sleep with it on that previous models I've had. This should be added, otherwise I and many others will start to look at other companies for fitness tracking. 

Bi||ie
First Steps

Yes please! 

Bi||ie
First Steps

I also thought it would be at the inspire 2. Like said by al the others, it has the heartbeat   recognition... Therefore I assumed the smart wake would be available. This feature would make my watch complete! So... Hop hop... Software update please! 

RichardJB
First Steps

Strongly agree, fitjasper - thank you for the suggestion. Like other users, I mainly bought Inspire 2 for what I hoped would be the sleep-improving features. I appreciate the other functions but am very disappointed not to have Smart Wake. Please update Inspire 2 with this feature.

alexkorvin
First Steps

Waiting for this update!

dawanda
Recovery Runner

Yes, I want that too! Just bought the Inspire 2 but thinking of returning it because it doesn't have the Smart Wake. However, I don't like the look of the Charge 4 at all, so would be looking for an entirely different brand. 

Inspire 2 with Smart Wake would be perfect!

CourtneyPaige
First Steps

I would love this on my inspire 2 watch! 

eddie2233
First Steps

Please add this to the inspire 2! This would also significant improve waking up on time! That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

idontknowitall
First Steps

Count me in for this important (& cool) feature!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I bought the inspire 2 primarily for sleep tracking & smart alarm, I didn't think I aught to splurge much more, since I didn't need much more, convince this was what I needed, I'm obviously a little disappointed...

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.