Bring the Smart Wake feature to Inspire 2

Though the new Inspire 2 gives insight in sleep stages, the Smart Wake feature is absent. Other Fitbit activity trackers (for example the Charge 4) do have this feature which allows the user to be woken up at the best moment given the sleep stages.
124 Comments
whyDoWeFall
First Steps

100% agree

You advertised that fitness trackers with heart rate has this function. Why is it not included in the inspire 2? I'm really getting tired of things not working or being misrepresented.

kotofos
Jogger

It's a pity that inspire 2 do not has a smart alarm and do not allow integration with 3rd parties like sleep as android.

SignoraGatta
First Steps

I’m also very frustrated that my Inspire 2 doesn’t have smart wake. I used the Fitbit Flex and Flex 2 for years and had smart wake, I went through 3 or 4 Flex trackers because they would stop working over time. When I wanted to replace my last one, they weren’t being offered anymore, the closest model was the Inspire 2. I can’t believe the Inspire 2 (a $100 tracker) doesn’t have the same technology that the Flex had years ago! I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where the smart wake feature was and finally realized it’s just not there. 

First Steps

I had a tracker from another brand that I returned because it's sleep sensor is not as accurate as Fitbit's offerings. So now I buy an Inspire 2 and it doesn't even have Smart Wake despite the fact that the hardware is clearly capable of it? Is this expected in an update soon? I really would prefer to keep this unit because of it's accuracy. Please add this feature soon!

individuum931
First Steps

Very disappointed about this missing feature. I really hope i can exchange my tracker back since this was the reason I bought it.

Since there seems not to be any announcement or other reaction by the moderators then "thanks for your feedback you are so important to us" and this thread is opened a year already: Why should I wait for a feature that my smartphone can provide?
This is really just a bad joke.

evakitkat04
Jogger

I agree! This is a much needed option!!! Does anyone know of an app that can connect to Fitbit to do something of an equivalent in the meantime?

wister
First Steps

+1

I also thought it had this feature, since it did seem to be advertised with it.

MattHelm
First Steps

Seeing that this feature hasn't been added yet after a full year of customers expressing their complaints is disappointing. Please add this feature, most of your customers including myself bought this product with smart wake in mind. You state that devices with heart rate monitoring will have smart wake and this one doesn't.

I want to see smart wake added to inspire 2

derekmski101
Base Runner

Inspire 2 needs this feature.

bln1234
First Steps

I also thought it had this feature, since it did seem to be advertised with the "extensive" functionality around sleep. Will return my device. Was a really big surprise that this one is missing.

slaughter1975
First Steps

Looks like we've been waiting for Smart Wake to show up on the Inspire 2 for a while now. When I bought mine earlier this year, I saw in the fine print on the Fitbit website that Smart Wake was coming to the Inspire 2 in fall of 2021. Is there an update on the release of this feature?

katva04
First Steps

I chatted online with Fitbit and specifically asked if the inspire 2 has smart wake.  They confirmed it did.  I showed her screenshots of where it say it will be added in fall of 2021.  Now I have purchased an inspire 2 and am pretty dissappointed.

I should have screenshot our chat. 

Murphhh
First Steps

I bought this watch with the main intention of the smart wake feature, and based on what's listed on fitbit's website it mentions anything with heartbeat tracking will have full access to all the sleep perks. 

Very misleading marketing, will be returning product tomorrow, quite frustrating. 

Lback
Jogger
Please add Smart Wake alarm feature to the Inspire 2 watch programming!!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lback, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the Smart Wake feature available on the Inspire 2 with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

ethics_girl
Stepping Up

Hi,

Still waiting for smart wake function on Inspire 2. Like others on this thread, I thought that this would be available when I purchased my Inspire 2 over a year ago, due to the detailed sleep tracking capability.

At https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/sleep Fitbit state:

"Sleep stages, Sleep Score and Smart Wake are available only on trackers and watches with heart rate tracking. Smart Wake coming to Inspire 2, Fall 2021."

These two statements imply that Inspire 2 already has smart wake, so why is this not the case?

'Fall 2021' has been and gone, so when will smart wake actually be functional on Inspire 2?

TMS88
First Steps

Just bought this for my moms birthday but guess i will be returning. Agreed that they really need the smart wake feature on this. I prefer the slimmer watches. So disappointing.

Kronus
First Steps

I have the same experience. I decided on the model based on my need for sleep related features and according to information available on Fitbit website, Inspire 2 should have all of them if not more than other models. Moreover Inspire 2 is the most comfortable to sleep with.

What I hoped to achieve with Inspire 2 is quite simple - the tracker checks pulse, knows that I fell asleep, tells the phone that user is sleeping, then phone starts countdown of 20 minutes and after that rings alarm to wake me up. This amount of time should be configurable to own personal needs. This would be the easiest approach for power naps. 

I'm not sure if Smart Wake would help with this, but it's a start. This feature absolutely has to come to Inspire 2.

pgn674
Jogger

https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/sleep now says:

"Smart Wake

Wake up feeling more rested by having your silent alarm go off during the optimal stage of sleep.*
*Sleep stages, Sleep Score and Smart Wake are available only on trackers and watches with heart rate tracking. Smart Wake is not available on Inspire 2."

Kwigon
First Steps

@YojanaFitbit Can you explain what kind of user treatment is that? I have a screenshot confirming there was "Coming to Inspire 2 Fall 2021" and now it has been changed. Real mature...

Giveussmartwake
First Steps

I also almost feel kind of betrayed eoth the purchase, as I did not see any information in the official comparisons of the watches, that smart wake was not available in the inspire 2!

Thinking of returning the product for that very reason as well, as it was one of the main aspects I was looking forward to, plus having almost the same price as the charge 4.

I'm also very disappointed by fitbit still not giving this software update afzer so many requests, seems like they're pretending to care about customer service but giving misleading information for potential customers. 

kotofos
Jogger

Not buying until smart alarm is there.

cara_a_k
First Steps

I specifically bought this device due to the high accuracy of its sleep tracking. I don't even care about exercise tracking, I just wanted the slimline form and sleep features. I'm so annoyed to now find out that neither Smart Wake nor third party apps are supported! I'd be perfectly willing to sacrifice battery life for Smart Wake, if that is the issue. Unless I find some workaround or indication that things will change, I'll be returning my inspire 2.

idhammer
First Steps

I really like my Inspire 2, but such a bummer when I found out it doesn't have Smart Wake feature. Hardware-wise, it should be possible right? Looking forward for this in next software update. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.