Bring the Smart Wake feature to Inspire 2

Though the new Inspire 2 gives insight in sleep stages, the Smart Wake feature is absent. Other Fitbit activity trackers (for example the Charge 4) do have this feature which allows the user to be woken up at the best moment given the sleep stages.
124 Comments
ShannonNuckols
First Steps

Users have been asking for smart wake since 2020. Why do we still not have this feature in 2022? I'm trying to get better sleep (mine is terrible). Smart wake would be a useful tool for me.

ajajajajajaj
Recovery Runner

go with the versa 3 then because those have smart wake too

Heartborne
First Steps

Interestingly enough, the "Compare Products" page actually says that Fitbit Inspire 2 does have Smart Wake Alarm.
If this feature is not available, why would it be signaled as a yes in that comparison chart; so misleading...

+1 Inspire 2 needs this feature.

DesiB
First Steps

I bought the Inspire 2 today and noticed right before bed that the Smart Wake is not available! What a disappointment! 
please bring this feature with the next software update, it’s really a big deal the fact you’re not listening to your customers at all…

Lback
Jogger

On the web page for FitBit Inspire 2, if you click "Compare Products" the drop down menu indicates the Inspire 2 features Smart Wake capabilities. This is blatant misrepresentation. How are you going to make this right to all the customers who paid for this feature and have gone without it for over a year?

They won’t make it right. My Fitbit subscription expires this month and I am not getting another Fitbit ever. I also tell everyone who asks my opinion (since I have a Fitbit) not to get one.
ivali
Jogger

So, any news?

I just bought Inspire 2 and I like it, but I must know if this feature will come because I want to return it.

Lback
Jogger

This is misrepresented on the FitBit website. Inspire 2 chart shows smartwake feature. However, my Inspire 2 is almost 2 years old now and still no response from FitBit in terms of making this right. How many customers will FitBit lose through this?

Khammer89
Jogger
It seems evident at this point that fitbit will not be bringing this
feature to the Inspire 2. It clearly is a misrepresentation as the Inspire
2 has what is required for it and shows on the chart on their publications.
At this point I would say they have made the business decision to force you
to buy the other models if you truly wanted that feature. It seems my
bigger problem is they pushed an update and my battery is no longer lasting
a day.
ceejaythefirst
First Steps

Not sure why this isn't already in place, looks like people were complaining 2 years ago that Smart Wake was being advertised on the website and it still hasn't been implemented. Please fix

vorpalMachine
Jogger

+1 for smart wake functionality. I can't even use Sleep as Android, because it lacks Inspire 2 support. I was foolish to assume without checking the compatibility chart, but regardless, I will be returning my Inspire 2 if this is not implemented soon. Very disappointing. 

badassnoodles
First Steps

I got mine today and thought it had this feature 😞 The website suggested that it had all the sleep features..

JPSRodrigues
First Steps

Please add this feature, it's the only reason I bought this device

whyDoWeFall
First Steps

seems like a lot of folks were misled into believing that inspire 2 includes the smart wake feature

Carmus
First Steps

I was under the impression that Inspire 2, which I purchased two months ago, has Smart Wake because it is listed as a feature for the Inspire 2 on the website. I was just told on a help chat that the feature was removed, and that I could come to this forum to suggest it be brought back. After reading a few comments here, it seems that for the last two years Smart Wake has always been listed as a feature on the website yet never actually available for Inspire 2. That is irresponsible marketing, and a major disappointment that Fitbit is not correcting their mistake by actually making it a feature of Inspire 2. People obviously want this feature!

Bob2726
Jogger

I completely agree, it should be added

nkzolegario
First Steps

Is there an update on this? I'm now using Inspire 2 and it seems that it's still missing.

Syrahl
First Steps

This feature has been sitting in the submissions box for well over a year now, but I just got by own Inspire 2, and I would like to add my voice to the pile. Please bring Smart Wake to the Inspire 2. There's no reason why it shouldn't already have had it.

Beckyhairdo
First Steps

Omg I can't believe it doesn't have a smart wake feature after 3 years of people asking for it!! Wth???

kotofos
Jogger

I thought that when I bought the Inspire 2, it came with Smart Wake as advertised on the website.

MotherGoose88
First Steps

Agreed, I also was under the impression it shipped with Smart Wake. The only reason I purchased the inspire 2 was for sleep tracking and alarm functions.

I will be returning this product within 30 days if there is no update.

Get with it FitBit

jred0011
First Steps

I'm extremely disappointed that the Inspire 2 doesn't have smart wake. It's the only reason I bought it and I don't understand why it's not included if it already tracks all the required data to perform the function. I will be returning my Inspire 2 if this feature isn't added, or there's no official communication as to whether this feature is in the pipeline or is marked as "will not fix".

Although I understand why it's not a top priority given the age of the model, the Inspire 2 is a cheaper alternative to newer models. I think adding a feature this highly requested will help get new customers hooked into the Fitbit ecosystem given the smaller initial investment for this one feature. I think it makes sense to add this feature to this older model, even from a business perspective, because it'll attract more (new) customers to the Fitbit ecosystem that'll have a high lifetime value.

danloufou
First Steps

+1 for smart wake functionality

I can't even install a different app for this function, as those ones require the Ionic or Versa versions to link and function together.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.