Call and text notifications for Windows Phone

Add Caller ID and text notifications support for Fitbit devices on Windows Phone, please! 🙂

Moderator Edit: Edited labels.

233 Comments
hubertsvk
First Steps

yes i want it

steliosk
Jogger

Dear Sirs,

I would like to ask you for Call notification option compastible for windows phone. It is very useful feature for us.

Thanks for your help.

Michael
5K Racer

@steliosk They are working on adding call notifications to the Windows Phone app, but they haven't released a time frame for it yet. But it is coming.

steliosk
Jogger
Thank you for your reply I am waiting
AyyoCarlos14
First Steps
The fitbit surge has notification features and music control, unfortunately these features aren't supported in windows phone. It is why I am asking fitbit to please bring these features to WP8 so that we too can enjoy their products especially the surge to its full potential.
bjmorch
Jogger

Better support for the WP app all together would be nice.  It is great that there finally has an app available, but we would like to have the same options as iOS and Android.  Notifications, music controls, dashboard visibility of all charts, etc.

Doug61
Recovery Runner

Yes...please add it

Sapphire1288
Recovery Runner

Please add the capability of caller id for the 925 Nokia Lumia.  I want to upgrade my Fitbit to a Charge and use the caller id features.

henny5225
Stepping Up

I agree...this is definitely needed. How do we know if this feature is being worked on? Did fitbit officially state this?

wmbounce
First Steps

Please add this feature ASAP!  There are many like me who want this ability for Windows Phone.

BayleyBP
First Steps

I'm super bummed that caller ID doesn't work with Windows Phone.  

It's one of the main reason I got this thing - as well as the other obvious perks of using a Charge.

Please fix it developers pleeaassseeee.

I'm using a Nokia Lumia 625.

Cheers guys!

galen_ubal
Jogger

Yes, I agree, add this for the Charge, Charge HR, and Surge

allcalcio
First Steps

Yes, please enable this feature for Windows Phone ASAP. I have Windows Phone friends I want to join the fitbit community, but I know not having this feature will turn them off to Fitbit.  Your product is awesome, but it needs to support this feature as advertised.  Thanks in advance for your support.  Best wishes.

nsimoneb
First Steps

I realize Apple and Android have more marketshare but would it be that hard to enable text and phone notifications for the Surge on Windows Phone 8? Considering the Surge costs $250 it seems a reasonable thing to do. My husband bought me one assuming I would have this feature, and we now realize that it's not available. I have a top of the line Nokia Lumia 1520 but this feature won't work on my phone but will work on my daughter's iPhone 4S.

In addition to the text and phone notifications just the entire feature set for Windows Phone is lacking. It's basically an app just to say there is an app for Windows Phone.

adarnellb
Recovery Runner

I have a Microsoft Band now and am not happy with the ability to see my analytic data for my workout history beyond 1 day (stinks). I'm considering picking up a Surge but the lack of basic functions like Run Tracking, Phone/Text notification, etc is a little disappointing. It's $50 more that the Band with an extremely reduced feature set if you have a Windows Phone. You can have an old Android or iPhone and be up and running but not have the same feature set with a current Windows Phone. Seems unfair.

bbncnor
First Steps

I would also like to have the Charge text message capability on my Nokia Lumia 1020.  I purchased the Charge because of the features, which included the text message capability.  I wish I would have done a little more homework since that feature is not supported. And I can't recommend this prodiuct to my friends who own Windows phones since this is a desired feature.   Please get this working asap!!  Pleaseeeeee.

Lumia925
First Steps

I would like to have use call notification feature at my Lumia 925. Also my collegues would like also! Is it possible at future?

Michael
5K Racer

@Lumia925 

Fitbit is working on adding support for that, but they don't currently have a timeline for when it will be available.

mrocd
First Steps
Hey guys, packaging had NO warning that caller ID was not supported on all platforms. Pretty misleading, and will probably return if no RE that update is coming. KEY FEATURE OF THIS FOR MANY. PLS FIX 😊
Michael
5K Racer

@mrocd Fitbit is working on adding support for this, but they don't currently have a timeline for when it will be available.

kaktuslampan
First Steps

I can only agree. After having spent 1500 SEK on this and unpacking it, I was very disappointed to find that caller ID was not supported on Windows Phone. Had I known, I would not have purchased the Charge HR.

Absolutely misleading. Please update your knowledgebase so that future potential buyers get a fair chance to determine if it is a dealbreaker or not. Thanks.

kaktuslampan
First Steps

I can only agree. After having spent 1500 SEK on the Charge HR and unpacking it, I was very disappointed to find that caller ID was not supported on Windows Phone. Had I known, I would not have purchased the Charge HR.

Absolutely misleading. Please update your knowledge base so that future potential buyers get a fair chance to determine if it is a dealbreaker or not. Thanks.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Concur, this should have been baked in from the get-go with the Charge HR and Surge releasing to market.

No good reason for this feature not being available.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Concur with OP and kaktuslampan, none of the sales materials I saw or could find made it clear this feature wasn't available for WinPho.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

AyyoCarlos14: No idea what you're talking about. Have a Surge, with Windows Phone 8.1, and the Bluetooth Classic music control features work.

Just can't have my brand new bluetooth headphones, and my Surge paired in classic mode, at the same time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.