Casting Premium workout on TV screen / Devices (Android)

It would be great if one could cast workouts on TV to exercise at home.

Moderator edit: Labels

122 Comments
penguinant
First Steps

The crazy thing is I used to be able to cast videos using the Fitbit Coach app a few months ago. Now when I open a workout program I see the text "Choose Cast Device" in the top left instead of the cast icon. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aujsPtYPayeJ2NAV9

SovietGetsFit
First Steps

Count me in as another person wanting to cast my workouts from my iPhone to my TV. The small screen is impossible for me to use and I don’t have a tablet or airplay. I just have a Chromecast device I use for YouTube videos. I should be able to cast these workouts via chromecast.

goldas
Jogger

There is no way I'll pay for a premium service that requires me to peer at a tiny phone screen while doing cardio. Nope nope nope. Please make this change before November or Premium is history for me. There are too many other options available on my tv or MacBook to limit myself to a sub par experience.

S_merf
First Steps

I’m 100% not going to renew premium if I can’t cast these videos on my tv. The videos are so good but completely pointless if I have to stop every 30 seconds to rewind and try to see what they’re doing on this tiny screen. It’s possibly a dealbreaker for me for this whole brand.

jfitz0916
First Steps

I signed up for the free trial of Fitbit Premium today. The first function I tested was the ability to cast the workout videos to my TV. I primarily use YouTube for home workouts, which has the cast functionality built in. Cast functionality is on the top of my list for fitness apps, so I had to research a work around using the Google home app to mirror my phone screen to TV. This solution works, but I suggest adding the cast functionality to the Fitbit app as other users may not have the time or resources to determine a work around to fit this need. 

Harmony23
Jogger

I have just got Apple TV ... and at last I can cast the videos from my phone to the TV . Success ! 

05ballardb
Recovery Runner

Using screen mirroring is possible on IPhone to Apple TV but you need to start mirroring before you start the exercise.

A casting button would definitely help make the process easier.

balooskies
First Steps

The premium workouts are pointless if I can’t stream them to my tv.

GayatriM
First Steps

Absolutely. Will also not keep premium if I can't beam to my tv. 

05ballardb
Recovery Runner

@YojanaFitbit 

Considering how some people do not have internet capabilities on their tv is there currently any plans for a hdmi dongle that connects to the internet network and offers the internet features of Fitbit Premium straight to a tv that doesn’t have any internet connection (Similar to the Amazon Fire Stick).

It would also be worth extending the capabilities of the proposed hdmi stick to include a camera sensor kit similar to the Xbox Kinect, PlayStation Go or the old Nintendo Wii. The camera sensors could then be used to identify if you are performing the actions correctly when watching the workout videos.

This means that the workouts can be tailored based on individual fitness levels since it can tell how many repetitions the user has completed in the chosen time.

stefi77
First Steps

I recommend as well for premium workouts to be accessible from big screen. Will make such a difference to my training. I joined premium as soon as I got my fitbit ionic

npsone
First Steps

I just got done with my latest youtube at home program and want to try out the Fitbit premium workout plans. I work out every day and not being able to access those videos on the website is a huge bummer. Phone is too small, casting my android screen to my desktop monitor is tedious. Does your company really think it's ok for users who pay for a premium membership to only be able to utilize the content you provide on tiny phone screens like a bunch of teenagers? 

If Fitbit doesn't offer a decent solution to this issue i doubt i will continue paying for premium. I absolutely love the android app but when i purchased the charge 4 and signed up for premium i was expecting something different regarding access to workout programs. 

jeffincleveland
First Steps

I had no idea that the premium services were only on the phone.  I tried casting to my TV, and I get 5 seconds on, then stop for 5 seconds, then the next 5 seconds, then stop again... and so on.  While I understand that this was originally designed to be used on the phone at a fitness club, but this is a HUGE mistake on the part of Fitbit, especially during the pandemic when we can't go to the club, and need to exercise at home.  Using the phone instead of a TV or laptop is a HUGE inconvenience.  At least let me use chromecast, which is also a google product.  If I don't see this addressed VERY soon, I will be cancelling the premium service.

EIPRS
First Steps

How disappointing! I got a Fitbit for my recent birthday, which came with the free trial of Premium. I'm all set up to do the HIIT meets Yoga workout to find that I'm unable to get the video to play through my phone onto our brand new television. I then try and look for the video on the website to play off my laptop. Still no joy! Thirty minutes has passed and the only reason my heartbeat has incresed is due to frustration at not being able to do my chosen work out. It's impossible to follow a video on a small phone screen so I'm heading to YouTube after this.

Come on Fitbit, sort this out and make it easy for people to do a workout on a proper sized screen. I get 6 child-free hours a day and every minute counts. Wasting time trying to view, find and sort out technology that should just work is not a conducive use of my time. If streaming workout videos to TVs is not rectified by the time my free trial period is over, I will not be purhcasing it. 

manojsa
Recovery Runner

I have Fitbit app on my Xbox One. But, it doesn't work and keep crashing. If you can't provide Chromcast casting to premium video with HD it won't make sense to continue using it. Please add this feature ASAP. 

-----------------------------

It doesn’t make sense not to allow Fitbit premium to chromcast on large TV. It’s very difficult to watch exercise on small phones and follow it. Please allow HD video streaming video with chromcast, especially after joining Google Aplhabet group. I tried your Fitbit app on Xbox One as well. It keeps crashing.

If it’s not made available for chromcast I will certainly not renew it.

Moderator edit: merged replies

melime
First Steps
Please allow premium content to be seen on a regular computer or laptop. It is only accessible through the app which is very inconvenient. Especially, when trying to view the workout videos. Subscribers are paying a lot of money for the service, it should be available on all dashboards.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mortonboots, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Casting Premium workout on TV and computer screen. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Bradnag
Jogger

The lack of ability to cast workouts to a TV is the one thing holding me back from getting a premium account at this point. 

SiofraA
Jogger

Really seems like nonsense to me that I cannot send to my chrome cast!! So surprised to discover this. No point in me having premium if I can’t do this, will be cancelling after the free trial then! 

Harmony23
Jogger

Despite the recent comment from the Moderator, it seems as if no-one really cares about this problem . To me it is a no brainer. I am using the FitOn App as it can be used off-line and I can also cast it. However it does't pair with my FitBit. Why on earth aren't FitBIt dealing with this , given the huge number of comments and people no longer using the Premium Membership.? I am no expert, but given how many other sites manage to cast their apps why can't FitBIt? I eventually e-mailed them about 6 months ago and got a really nice reply saying it was a very good idea and they would run it by the team but of course nothing has been done. It is hugely disappointing . I have cancelled my Premium Membership because, like all of you, I can't do exercises off an iPhone!! I would suggest everyone e-mails FitBit.

Please FITBIT sort this otherwise it is not only a waste of an app but also a watch!

jeffincleveland
First Steps

I cancelled my premium service because this was not available.  I will re-subscribe if they make casting to Chromecast available.  After all, Fitbit is owned by Google, please make your products compatible.

juliannebradbur
First Steps

Please please please integrate a method of viewing video workouts on a larger screen AND create more audio workout content!

Anjo_Bow
First Steps

I agree with all the sentiments.  I have a free trial of Premium but will not continue.  More options for visibility is needed. Sad because the videos are very good with lots of variety but what good is it if you can't see it during exercise.

MsKayO
First Steps

How the heck am I supposed to hold my phone to see the tiny screen while also working out?

I was all gung-ho about Premium, but I've put a note on my calendar to cancel when my free trial is up. I'd think this was just an oversight, but I'm pretty sure there's a monetary reason you don't allow us to at least use our tablets for this purpose. Always the bottom line, huh?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would like to be able to cast fitbit videos on to my TV.  I have a roku tv and an additional tv with a roku streaming stick.  It would be nice to have an app available on roku where you could log on with a user name and password

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.