Casting Premium workout on TV screen / Devices (Android)

It would be great if one could cast workouts on TV to exercise at home.

Moderator edit: Labels

122 Comments
jeffincleveland
First Steps

I found Google assistant had casting capability, so I re-tried premium.  Unfortunately, their videos are NOT helpful, since they only demo the exercise, then expect you to do them on your own, then you have to go back and demo the next one, then do it, then demo the next one, and so on and on.  This means going back and forth during your exercise session, constantly being interrupted.  I have found an app called HASFit (Heart and Soul Fitness), only $5 per month, and they are onscreen with you doing the exercises and take you through the whole routine.  No back and forth.  For me as a beginner their routines are adequate, I am not sure about their advanced routines.

psydney
First Steps

Thanks for the suggestions. Just a couple days left on my subscription so I have a decision to make.

Redlow
Stepping Up

I fully agree. I have paid for premium, yet find myself seeking out exercise videos elsewhere as I can only view on the phone screen. The built in Android cast / mirror phone screen is much less reliable so I avoid that. I would think that this would be a priority for Premiere, because I cannot believe everyone is just using their phone screens.

Toddski743
Recovery Runner

Yes please make it possible to either screen cast from iPhone to TV / Roku or offer and app like Beach Body does that makes everything offered available on TV through Roku.

Roku has an app called iWebTV that allows you to bring anything online up on the screen.  That may be the quickest way for you to offer “Coach” on TV for us “Customers”

KateVanPernis
First Steps

Doing any workout while starting at a phone screen is miserable-- please make fitbit premium workouts cast-able to a TV screen AND viewable on a Desktop or Laptop computer. 

Bob_Cat
Jogger

- are you able to provide an update?  Obviously Premium members expect that this option, to be able to view workouts on a TV or computer, is a bare minimum feature.  You continue to respond in these forums with the same copy and paste reply, and have done this for almost a year from what I can see.  I am VERY interested to know a different response about whether this is even in the pipeline for development - a simple YES or NO will suffice.  We all have decisions to make about where to spend our $ at the end of our current Premium subscription and need to know the answer.  Full transparency please, if it is not feasible then please let us know.  We can them move on to a provider that does offer this basic feature - and for free.  Alternatively, if you are not able to provide the information can you please let me know a direct phone number for someone who will know.  I am happy to post what I learn here for everyone after I get the information.

hsoto
First Steps
thank you for asking for an update re: this basic feature! I unfortunately didn't cancel in time, but am not able to use the subscription because I can't work out while watching a video on my phone. I will not renew the subscription. I will also seriously consider alternatives to my other Fitbit products when I replace them.
Wegge
First Steps

All I want to do is be able to view and follow-along with RENEW ACTIVE videos on my Windows laptop since. I have the FitBit App on my laptop. Any idea how this can be accomplished? Thanks!

Sassafrassva
First Steps

It is May 3, 2021 - months since many others have posted complaints about not being able to watch videos via the Internet.  I STILL do not see a way to access Premium Discover on the website.  If I am overlooking, please let me know where to find.  Otherwise, if this is not corrected by the time my free Premium trial is up, I will be canceling.  All technology that I currently own does not allow me to connect my Google phone to my non-smart (aka dumb) t.v.  My MS laptop (DELL Latitude) is more of a corporate variety and will not afford me the luxury of wifi-ing connectivity to my Pixel.  This means a huge chunk of Premium's benefits will not be usable by me.  I was super excited to access the workout videos . . . until I realized I was expected to follow instructors through fast paced workouts while maintaining proper form on a 3"x5" screen!  That is a joke. Meditation? Doable on a 3"x5" screen.  High intensity and strength training?  Impossible.  Please advise on whether I should be prepared to cancel my Premium.

Toddski743
Recovery Runner
I found a way to make it work for me.  I have an IPhone and I purchased an HDMI adapter to run the phone into my TV.  If you use the screeen share function on the android and plug an adapter into your TV as I did it should work.  I do agree that I shouldn't have to spend an extra $25 to buy the adapter  to make it work??
Sassafrassva
First Steps

For Fitbit Administrators/Moderators:  One more mention and I will go away.  I know YojanaFitbit mentioned that "if this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit.", Please keep in mind, for every person who takes the time to make a post in this forum, there are countless others who don't have the time, or don't have the personality type to make the noise and instead will just walk away from Fitbit Premium.  A business model should not be based on how many complaints you receive before deciding whether such a rudimentary service should require action.  At that point it is too late and damage is done.  Look how many of us are walking away.  We are just asking for basic service that we thought we were already going to receive. It is extremely disappointing and quite frankly amateurish given all the technology and science rendered in the watches and software.  Why do this to yourselves?  I would not recommend Premium to anyone as it stands today.  

AppleBlossom1
First Steps

I would absolutely love to cast my workout to my smart tv. Mirror cast is unacceptable because the phone has to stay on to work. I want to click the cast button to connect. OR make the Fitbit app available on smart TVs to watch them that way.

BeyondCandice
First Steps

I will not be spending money on this app until this is a regular feature for premium membership 

Bluechimera77
Jogger

I loved this about Coach... please add this capability for premium videos... I am a free member now, but if this is not implemented, I will not continue as a member.

HeatherLH
First Steps

I really hope that videos can soon be viewed on a TV. Right now I'm on a free premium trial but I don't see it being worth continuing if I can't see the videos to do the workouts.  While some may be able to follow along on their phones, people like myself need something big enough to see while trying to perform the exercises being demonstrated in the video. 

ohynek
Base Runner
After the last update I can finally Chromecast workout videos to my TV
👍🏻🙂 So if you have Android phone you can view your workout on big TV (if
you have compatible TV).
Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that you will have the ability to cast exercise videos from Fitbit App on Android phonesYou can find more details about the Fitbit app here: What's changed in the latest release of the Fitbit app?

SunsetRunner, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

BeyondCandice
First Steps

Way to alienate all the apple users. I’m sure that everyone with an iPhone
will now just chuck them to be able to use Fitbit premium?!?!
--
Many thanks,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Toddski743
Recovery Runner
Unless I'm missing something the questions was how to get the Fitbit Premium services to display on a screen big enough to do something other than look at a phone.
Please provide a better answer to the question you'd like everyone to know.
Using a Roku I can download either Beachbody or Giam and many other Exercise programs and view them off any TV.  After paying the extra $79.99 for Fitbit Premium I fully expected that to be an option??
Can't wait to hear you suggestion?? 
Jason4to
Jogger

@Toddski743 , as mentioned by the moderator, the fitbit premium workout videos are now available to chromecast on Android phones, and it works for me (I have google pixel 5). So unless you have an iPhone, it should work for you too. Enjoy!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everybody,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I hope you can enjoy this option with your Android devices. For all iOS users, please consider posting a new feature suggestion for this platform. You can also vote here: Fitbit App for Apple TV.

See you around.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.