Casting Premium workout on TV screen / Devices (Android)

It would be great if one could cast workouts on TV to exercise at home.

Moderator edit: Labels

122 Comments
BrendaleeR
First Steps

It would be really nice if there was a way to better see the workouts besides only on the app on my phone. It's too small. Would like a way to be able to view on the TV.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Are you asking to see through a webpage on your smart TV? 

I'm not sure if I understand, I'm able to cast my phones screen through WiFi to my TV screen 

BrendaleeR
First Steps

Yes through a webpage or other would be best. I tried to cast from phone to TV on different TV's and its extremely glitchy. Picture was nice and big but it was too hard to do a workout when it kept stopping and starting.

muddie
Jogger

Completely agree - I had to go to YouTube for a free yoga class versus leverage my Premium account for classes, as I can’t do a yoga video on a small phone. I’m sure other classes apply. Please consider so that I can leverage my investment.

muddie
Jogger

Yes please! I had to go on YouTube for a yoga class - you can’t do yoga from a small phone screen. Please fix so I can leverage my Premium account investment. Thank you.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about casting Premium workouts on TV screen. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SrRojo
Runner

I cast my workouts to my TV using my Chromecast. The cast button works both in-app and also while using my Android phone's built-in cast display feature. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I don’t get an in-app cast button on my iphone when I put a premium workout on. I do have chromecast as well but if I‘m paying for premium, I shouldn’t really have to download extra apps to cast / mirror my phone screen to my chromecast considering how expensive it is.Plus it will mean plugging and unplugging the chromecast as I have other HDMI devices attached to my TV which have the cast option as well. I did try the Google home app to try using my chromecast and it did not work. I couldn’t cast on any of my devices. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

And I also tried different casting apps

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BrendaleeR, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to cast Premium workouts on TV screen. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Harmony23
Jogger

Can you mirror or cast these exercises on premium from an Iphone onto a TV screen ? How do you do it? Thanks

amandabe6690
First Steps

even if they opened the app for laptops and not just phones we could download them and stream off the app. I hate using my phone to watch the videos as it is so difficult to follow along with what they're demonstrating. 

miranda_d
Recovery Runner

Absolutely agree. 

I'm currently testing a month of premium and am using it exclusively instead of the other third-party apps I normally use. I'm finding a number of deficiencies - and this is definitely one of them. Using the FitOn app (supported by Fitbit) has the auto-cast ability from the workout screen. As an Android user it is very frustrating to have to mirror my phone to my TV rather than simply cast from within the workout itself.

This may work differently from an iPhone - so this is definitely specific to Android.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thank you guys for commenting! Hopefully this suggestion will get enough votes for Fitbit to look into it😁

hsoto
First Steps

I just subscribed to the Premium service. I tried to access the videos via the website and found that it does not reflect that I'm a premium subscriber. In addition, there's no information that informs users that the premium services are ONLY available via the fitbit app on your phone. This will not work for me. I can't do workouts following a video on a tiny screen.

Related - Even a PREMIUM link at the top near "dashboard", "log" and "community" with a page that says - only available on your fitbit app on your computer, would be helpful so users don't have to search every area of the website to finally figure out we can't access any premium features via the website. 

nikinash
First Steps

yes! i'm hear after winding my way through this website trying to figure out why my Premium membership isn't reflected on my website account.

i have an iphone and a PC and would really like to use the large monitor on my PC to use the Premium workouts since i won't be using my gym membership anytime soon, i would use 5-6 times a week. thank you!

ZilNos
First Steps

This is the very least that needs to be done. Also needs to be available via desktop app.

Harmony23
Jogger

I am unfortunately still very confused as to how to get this app to play or cast onto a TV . If I have an Apple i phone would it work if I had an Apple TV ? 
Really keen to get this on a bigger screen or even onto a lap top . Thanks 

AnneCampb039
First Steps

I can't use my phone for the Premium workouts because it's just too small and annoying. I'm currently on the Premium free trial and I will be cancelling before the end of the free period if you don't give us the option to cast from the Fitbit app or at minimum, allow us to access it from the website. I had assumed I just had to go to my Dashboard on the website but not there, and then when I go to the premium page, my only option is to buy it which is obviously not what I want.

I'm very confused that Fitbit thought it was perfectly okay to limit Premium to the phone app, not tell anyone that it's limited to the phone app and then not do anything about it when people started complaining.

TriumvirClio
Jogger

Same here.  I was hoping to be able to access video content through the website.  I have only just signed up for the membership, but if I only have the option to stream off my phone, I'll definitely be cancelling before the free trial ends.

Same. I will be cancelling premium if I cannot watch videos on my laptop. I cannot follow new workouts by watching them from my phone. It's a  Fitbit fail. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Exactly!

TommyMuffin
Keeping Pace

I tried a few of the premium workouts on my phone as well. They look good, but I lost interest because my phone is small and the workouts stall sometimes. 

My TV and my computer stream much better, and it's much more inspiring and motivating to see it on a bigger screen, so I'll be using something else unless I can play this on a desktop. 

A Roku app would be good too.

Marbecky
First Steps

This is a huge accessibility issue. Premium content needs to be on a larger screen (like a laptop or TV). 

kcedie
First Steps

I am currently still in my free trial period for Premium, but I keep finding things that are 100% going to make me not continue after that period is up.

This is the top of the list. If I can't watch the workout videos anywhere other than my phone, it's pointless to me.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.