Casting Premium workout on TV screen / Devices (Android)

It would be great if one could cast workouts on TV to exercise at home.

Moderator edit: Labels

122 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Niki165, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to cast Premium workout on TV screen. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Beth0918
First Steps
I'd love to be able to cast my workouts to my smart tv.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Beth0918, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to cast Premium workout on TV screen. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would love to be able to have the fitbit/fitbit coach app on my TV to have a bigger room/screen for the exercises. I mainly use my computer because when doing the exercises its a little easier to see but like on the phone its hard to see the video with the floor exercises. Therefore a bigger screen with the TV would be so much easier yet to be sure your doing all the exercises correct.

Sumaya
Jogger

The videos were my main reason for trying Premium. It's ridiculous that they are only on the phone app. The app doesn't even allow me to enlarge to full screen. I'm visually impaired. If I can't view the videos on my TV, or my laptop, I don't want Premium. 

MrsGeoK
Stepping Up

Like many who have posted earlier, I have the same concern. I am currently enjoying some aspects of the Fitbit Premium trial, but this is a deal breaker for me. Trying to follow unfamiliar moves on my phone screen with middle aged eyes is pretty much impossible. In fact, I feel I'm risking injury by doing some of the exercises with the wrong form. There's an increasing disconnect between content/functionality in the phone apps and what's available through the website login. I will try to figure out a way to "cast" from my phone to my computer between now and the end of the trial, but I see this as a deal-breaker when it comes to turning me into a paid Premium subscriber. Bad for recurring revenue stream, bad for business.

KimLuc
First Steps

Ditto to the comments about playing workouts on a TV or computer.  I was told I would get 1 year of Premium for free and I was promptly billed the first month 3 days later.  Today I discover that the only way to use the workout videos or the coach is on my phone.  There are alot of things I like about the Fitbit, but as a company you are falling seriously behind the times.  No casting or apps for a paid service is bad business.

I read the replies about your going to circulate the idea, then no response, shows a serious lack of innovation from your developers.  Just put it on a Scrum or Kanban board and give it a go.  I volunteer to be a beta tester.   People have been requesting this feature long enough.  If there is no progress (please don't send me one of those canned messages that your going to think about it) I will join the ranks who cancel the premium service!

ZeldaP
First Steps

Please make Premium workouts available through the Fitbit desktop dashboard. I recently signed up for Premium and, like others, I'm disappointed the Premium workout videos are only available on my phone.  I can't see my small phone screen well enough to watch a workout and follow along. I'd love to be able to open the Fitbit dashboard on my laptop and follow a workout video on my big screen. Hoping the folks at Fitbit can figure out a way to get that to work. Other than that disappointing issue, I love my tracker. Thanks.  

QuadWorkOut
First Steps

What is the status of viewing videos on a laptop? I purchased the premium membership so that I could use ALL features in a way that makes fitness easy and accessible. Its virtually impossible to have a meaningful workout using a tiny cellphone screen. I would appreciate any updates and action on this matter. 

psydney
First Steps

It's obvious that most people in this thread think that casting to a TV or playing on a computer screen is essential to make the premium membership useful, and I agree. That said, a workaround is mirroring your phone to a TV.

For Android phones and Chromecast:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Casting-Premium-workout-on-TV-screen/idc-p/46538...

If you have an iPhone, you can mirror to an AppleTV if you have one. If you don't, you may be able to mirror to a Chromecast with a 3rd party app: 

https://www.alphr.com/how-to-mirror-an-iphone-with-a-chromecast/

Not an ideal solution, but I hope it may help a few members until Fitbit adds this much wanted feature!

Mkelly87
First Steps

I would like the ability to view the premium content workout videos on my laptop. I am a senior citizen and the phone is too small for me to see the videos. Thank you.

dontwantacct
First Steps

Just started premium 90-day trial, discovering in first 5 minutes that Fitbit Premium doesn’t enable casting. Came online & found this thread...Surprising and disappointing Fitbit lagging so badly. This comment thread shows it’s been asked for quite some time now. Casting is essential for home exercise, can’t workout and move around trying to keep eyes on a tiny phone screen. Unless Chromecast, Firestick or Apple+ Is added by May I will choose not to convert to paid user.

dontwantacct
First Steps

...iPhone user...my comment above is referring to need for casting option on iPhone app. Or enable desktop browser Premium video viewing so can cast from there...

Thx

Harmony23
Jogger
I’m wondering if anyone ever reads this posts ? It’s extraordinary that nothing has ever been done about this . Maybe emailing them might produce something ? So frustrating.
Harmony23
Jogger

Is anything being done by Fitbit? There are so many posts here about a need to be able to view the exercises on a laptop or cast to TV screen . It seems extraordinary when every other exercise programme out there has that facility. Does anyone even read these posts ? It’s such a pity as the exercises are great but who wants to pay a premium membership to try and follow them on an iPhone ? 

Bob_Cat
Jogger

I keep reading the exact same generic response from the exact same FitBit moderator YojanaFitBit.  It's been the same generic wording for maybe a year so I guess we have our answer folks;  they're not going make this most basic feature available.  If they had good news I think they would tell us, instead we're told by YojanaFitBit that "a lot of people are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon".  This is not helpful since "soon" never comes, not sure where else to turn because obviously this is not an effective way of communication.  The only obvious place to turn is to their competitors.

Jason4to
Jogger

Exactly! I got the same generic response from the moderator a couple months ago and yet nothing has happened. So incompetent! In the meantime I'm using Peleton, which charges more for subscription but at least they have many programs to choose from and all their work out videos can be casted to big screen. When my free trial ends with Fitbit I'm definitely leaving if they don't fix this problem. Shame!

Harmony23
Jogger

Thanks Bob_Cat and Jason4to 

I think I found an email address for Fitbit somewhere ages ago and messaged them asking if they were aware of all these post . I did get a reply but it was along the lines of ‘what a good idea ! I’ll pass that on to the team’ Hard to believe they haven’t yet come up with that idea on their own but either way they don’t seem to be about to fix it . 

Harmony23
Jogger

Just come across Fiit . It gets rave reviews , works on a TV and can be linked to Fitbit watch for tracking . Someone on the reviews made a suggestion and straight away the team said they would give it a go ! 

Wildroverx3
Recovery Runner

Exactly!  I want to view the workout on my computer easily just by opening the app on my computer.  It needs to be EASY!!

lksdel
Jogger

Yes please! The dance workouts especially are impossible to follow on a tiny phone screen!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

With competition from Peloton and Mirror, this makes sense.

psydney
First Steps

Two weeks before my free trial expires and it seems like Fitbit has just given up on this issue. Also, one of my daily exercise videos has just disappeared from Premium. I really think I should to find an alternative and am open to suggestions.

ohynek
Base Runner

@psydney In addition to Fitbit Premium I also use FitOn.

Jason4to
Jogger

@psydney  I have been using Peloton, they have tons of workout programs, archived or real time. It's on the more expensive side but I found the range and deptch of their program is top notch. Fitbit workout videos are designed for the stone age and an epic fail.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.