Casting Premium workouts on TV screen or laptop (iOS)

I have the premium membership and would like to stream the workout videos on a larger screen like my laptop or my tv. I don't see that as an option and fitbit support told me to make the suggestion here.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

96 Comments
ClayLizzay
Jogger

Hey! I just shared the message below with my friends on Fitbit to encourage more votes. Please consider sharing something similar with your network. You can even copy/paste it if you want:

It is 2022, and Fitbit still has not made a way for iOS users to play premium workout videos on smart TVs, laptops, or iPads. It’s impractical to watch workouts on a small phone screen, and the absence of this feature reduces the value of premium. Please go vote on this feature suggestion, so that Fitbit will be pressured to fix this issue that really should have been available years ago!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Casting-Premium-workouts-on-TV-screen-or-laptop-... 

joshmo9889
Jogger
Excellent Good idea!!!

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) Secure Email.
ClayLizzay
Jogger

I made a tiny url for the link to this page, so it's easier to share 🙂

https://tinyurl.com/2p8mxpvy

As you might be able to tell, I'm really pissed that this feature doesn't exist and I want to put more pressure on Fitbit to make this happen. It's not a novel idea...and they really should have added this feature a while ago! I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth out of premium because the tiny screen is a deterrent to actually doing the workouts. Fitbit had 31 million active users in 2020. I wonder how many of those have iOS devices, and how many potential customers would subscribe to premium (or choose to not cancel it) if it had this useful feature. It's not like the company doesn't have the capacity to create it. Hopefully we can make some movement.

joshmo9889
Jogger
Totally agree!!! I really don't get what FB is thinking by not addressing this issue- I won't keep premium unless this changes.

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) Secure Email.
TheSecond
First Steps

This feature would be great for travel, or you could add access via the Fitbit website.

I had no idea when signing up to Fitbit Premium that I would only be able to view the workout vidoes on phone app. I foolishly assumed they would be available on the web as well, just as my dashboard is. This set up is so restricted that I'm going to be asking for a refund.

rosepea
First Steps

I would like to watch premium workouts from my laptop or TV. Phone screen too small. It brings into question the value of Premium if you cannot use the features.  I have an APPLE phone.  Suspect I will not renew Premium sub after trial period. 

rochet
First Steps

I totally agree that inability to use exercise workouts from a premium subscription is not helpful at all.  I cannot use these workouts while holding the iphone.  The screen is too small even hand held to see the screen if someone can manage to to hold on.  From my position, the program is not available for use even though I'm paying for it.  This problem will cause me to drop the premium subscription.   I wanted the exercises the most. 

I would like to know if someone has come up with a work around for this problem. 

I am surprised and really can't understand why fitbit would design a program with such a restriction.  I am on my 3rd fitbit and this is very discouraging. 

rochet
First Steps

It's sad to see that folks have the same concern and have been asking for a change for months.   It's failing on deaf ears unfortunately.  I was just told by the 24 help line that there are no plans to change this feature.  In fact she stated that the opposite is in the works:  when the next revision comes out, we won't be able to use the dashboard anywhere except on an iphone (maybe other phones, not just an iphone) She was not clear on that.   I've had a fitbit for 5 years going back to the Charge 2.   I will be dropping premium after my subscription expires as there is no point in keeping it for my needs.  I may need to look for other options and replace my fitbit.  I will stress that I don't want to give up my fitbit but I need to find a better way

joshmo9889
Jogger

Wow Rochet - thank you for that information. I still am within the return window for my Charge 5 --- may rethink altogether. That is very discouraging news. I use the dashboard all the time on my Mac - I don't get this at all. Thank you for the information!

ChuddyD
First Steps

I feel my premium workouts are useless because I can only access them on my phone. They do not work well on my iPad and I cannot access them on my portable Mac. I am likely to resign my premium membership if this does not change

swalraven
First Steps

I agree!  The phone screen is way too small to see while doing the exercises.  Needs to be able to be on my computer screen.  Thanks.

Rach62
First Steps

I won’t be signing up for the Premium membership after my initial trial runs out if this issue , I.e. the ability to watch the videos on a laptop, is not resolved. I love my Fitbit but I don’t understand why this request,  that so many have asked for, can’t be  satisfied. 

613jgt
First Steps
The courtesy of a response, of any kind, would be a start
lggirl
First Steps
I'm just a Fitbit subscriber like you.not sure what you want from me. I was
asked to chime in. I did. Obviously people are upset. Nothing I can do about
that. I can choose to continue my subscription hoping Fitbit will do
something or I can cancel it as well.

I hope those of you who have posted find the answers you're looking for.

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
RandaD
First Steps

I would like to be able to view fitbit videos on my computer.  Please make this available.

nicolejh
First Steps

This is my first month using fitbit and I'm so surprised that not only was this an issue but it is still an issue. My phone screen is way too small for workout videos. I saw replies to a post about this that said "we take all feedback into consideration". It is 2022. Please let us watch videos on the website. Using the phone app for workout videos is inconvenient and not everyone is able to cast. Is there a reason the premium videos can't be uploaded to the desktop website so people can use their laptops? I probably won't continue paying for premium if this doesn't change

ChuddyD
First Steps
I agree.

Sent from my iPhone
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I don't understand in this day and age that the premium workouts are not available to watch on your tv.  Maybe young people can use it on their phone but I'm 53 I need it on a big screen so I can see what I'm supposed to do!

I don't think anyone looks at these though because it's been at least 2 years since people have been suggesting this change.  

does anyone know is there another fitness tracker that has that feature so I can switch over????

joshmo9889
Jogger
I know it is so disappointing! I can't believe that such a huge segment of people are talking about this for YEARS apparently with no progress. I will not be using the membership as a paid service- I have decided to stop waiting. I wish I knew of another tracker that can do this. I am looking into YouTube and iPhone apps that I might have use of on my laptop. If anyone knows of anything more specific, I'd love you to share!

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.
christyw
First Steps

I just got my first fitbit and really love all the info about my health.  I was excited about the premium membership because it included workouts.  But I have a very old iphone (that I am very content with) and I am very surprised that there is no option to cast the workouts or view them online.  It is hard to understand, with all the technology we have, why this isn't an option.  On my small screen, the workouts are challenging - for the wrong reasons.  The workouts were the big pull for the premium membership - will reconsider when it is time to renew. Please consider figuring this out.  😉

Calypsopat
First Steps
Agree they should figure it out. 😉
FionnaL
First Steps

I can only agree with all the comments about how important the ability to cast from the phone to a large screen like TV or laptop is.  Trying to do the workouts from the phone is almost impossible.  It's a  hefty monthly charge where a lot of the value comes from the workout videos so it feels like I am paying for nothing.  Seriously thinking about cancelling Premium if the ability to show the workouts on the big screen isn't available soon. 

ChuddyD
First Steps
I agree. They don’t seem to pay attention to these posts. Maybe we should all start to write bad reviews for Fitbit premium.

Sent from my iPad
joshmo9889
Jogger
I was wondering ... It seems ridiculous to provide us this forum and then ignore the customer base. Feels like they are almost insulting us more this way!!!

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.