Charge 3 alarm - dismiss alarm by tap on display

Hi, if you use silent alarm you will see this screen:

before

Please get rid of the duck, move alarm time and snooze button up to the top and add a dismiss button (maybe a big cross symbol) right below. Here is a suggestion (as a draft) how this can look:

after

Right now, you have to press the button which is very uncomfortable if you use multiple alarms a day.

Kind regards

Brian

95 Comments
sagar13
Jogger

I agree! Took me a while to figure out why I was snoozing the alarm. I think tapping on the screen in more intuitive for making the alarm go off. However, I can see why placing a couple of images (one for the snooze and other for the alarm-off) right next to each other might be another pain when we might accidentally touch the undesired option. So, I can see why they moved one of the functionality as a button-press. But as far as I am concerned, I would like to have it the other way round, i.e. touching the screen for the alarm to go off and hitting the button for snoozing it. Or better yet, have the user swipe right to snooze and swipe left to make the alarm go off. 

DaveS3
Runner
Yeah I didn't realize the side button dismisses the alarm when I posted.
klh1016
Recovery Runner

I like the duck too, but Brian has a great idea there. Maybe that's something else that we could have a choice of screens.

KMLad
Jogger

that's a great idea Brian!

KMLad
Jogger

Also like the idea about BIG display font,etc

VancityDani
Jogger

I love this solution, my side button also keeps snoozing the alarm instead of turning it off. This is a perfectly simple fix.

ORANGEinINDY
Base Runner

I like it! it gets my vote

enteecee
Jogger

Yeah... I don’t need to see an icon of the feature that’s currently working here. That the alarm is going off let’s me know it’s the alarm a lot better than a cutesy icon of a bird. 

SerenitySeas
Recovery Runner

I don't mind the duck but I agree about an easier shutoff without having to find the side button. Man, the alarm kept going off and I kept slapping and trying to slide it. 

vency31
First Steps

excellent idea. With the current setup of the alarms, i'm quite tempted to not use the alarm feature of the fitbit.

DaveS3
Runner

I think I've finally figured it out to tap the side button then when the ZZZ comes up to tap that to snooze. I'm not sure how to shut it off directly with no snooze (maybe the side button twice?). Biggest thing for me is that it's not intuitive. I think we're all used to one tap to either snooze or dismiss an alarm. Just needs something that is fewer clicks to use so it's intuitive but that won't be pressed accidentally and dismissed without clear intent by the user.

LD77
Jogger

I had fit bit 2 for years and the button responded well to stop the silent alarm.  Fit bit 3 has been quite annoying because it does not respond well.   I like the suggestion to have two options on the face to either silence or snooze. It would be a tremendous improvement

Boutros55
Recovery Runner

As a FitBit newbie with a Charge 3 I would like to endorse this suggestion. I found it by trying to work out how to stop (not snooze) an alarm. I now know how to do that, but the suggested way would be even better.

By the way, why a duck rather than a rooster associated with the alarm?

ColoradoMomma
First Steps

Just switched to charge 3 from a charge 1 and really need an improvement to silence alarm.  It was so easy on the charge 1.  I uses 5 different silent alarms during the day to keep on schedule and I’m finding the silence on the charge 3 really difficult.  I’de be happy to tap or swipe the duck if it meant getting a working silence quicker.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

When in bed, I can not see the display. It would be great if a tap anywhere on the display would be great. Thank 

hteb01
Jogger

I have to agree with many of the comments made above. This is the 4th Fitbit device I've owned. I have found easy to figure out, but the alarm off has confused me. I went in search of the answer of how to keep it enabled, but to turn off after the notification b/c I had hit the side button only to put it into snooze mode. The suggestion made in the OP would make it crystal clear what needs to be done to turn the alarm notice  off.

Avajayne03
Recovery Runner

I agree the duck is cute but not what i need 

FionaEB97
First Steps

This is an excellent idea.  I find currently I just struggle to clear the alarm when half asleep as tapping the side button is not very instinctive.  The first time I set the alarm I had to Google how to clear the alarm down as I just couldn't get it to stop.

Having something to dismiss on screen next to the snooze button would be really appreciated and much more logical.

d_thomas02
Recovery Runner

I did vote for this, but how about an option in the alarm setting to disable the snooze all together. 

Alarm On-Off

Snooze On-Off

Repeat On-Off

cailement
First Steps

I agree, the alarm is difficult to dismiss.  There at least needs to be some kind of notification that it was not snoozed and that the alarm was actually dismissed.  

Onservantswings
First Steps

I've been using the silent alarm to remind me to check in on my mood app every two hours. Despite using the side button to turn off the alarm, it keeps snoozing it instead. I'm about to give up on using my Fitbit because of this. Please do as this thread suggests and add an "off" button to the clock face when the alarm is going on.

Thanks!

H2Os
First Steps

I 100% agree that there should be a working way to allow users to turn off the alarm. It is a bit embarrassing to be in the middle of a meeting flapping, tapping, and button pushing to try to get a silent alarm to turn off. 

CharlieParker
Jogger

The main reason I have a Fitbit is for the silent alarms - I use them to remind me to take tablets 7 times a day including 2am without waking my partner. I've just switched from a Charge 2 to 3.

I can't yet work out how to turn off the alarm cleanly on the 3 and I'm fumbling with it. If this persits, I might have to return it. It was much better on the 2.

Pressing the button as suggested usually just shows the alarm screen. Sometimes it goes back to the clock face.

It would be better to remove the duck (why???) and zzzs. Instead just have a big dismiss button - any tap on the screen or press of the button turns it off. Even better, a firm shake of the hand to dismiss would be great. The snooze button is unnecessary - just snooze if not dismissed. If people want more than one snooze, have this as an option in settings.

Another part of the problem is that, unlike the Charge 2, there's no confirmation (visual or vibrate) that the alarm has been turned off. Can you please show a cross to show it's off and have it vibrate once?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The current way for dismissing an alarm is absolutely not intuitive. For dismissing, you should be able to do the same thing as with calls: Scroll down and choose between snoozing and dismissing. Without needing to press the inductive button.

jilllw
Jogger

It's extremely annoying.  I have one alarm that goes off daily & I have been hitting the snooze because I couldn't figure out how to turn it off.  Put something on the screen.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.