Compatibility with NordicTrack app

I noticed that recently Fitbit now syncs with Peloton.  That's AMAZING!!!  However, I have a Nordic Track and it uses the iFit App.  Would love for FitBit to have compatibility with this app as well in order to sync workouts and other data.  (iFit schedules workouts and it would be great if these workouts were delivered to the Fitbit as a reminder. You could schedule, re-schedule or skip a particular workout just by the touch of your phone.  It could be another window on the dashboard that alerts you to a pending workout or allows you to adjust your workout activity. I hate wearing 2 activity trackers - I'd rather just wear only my Fitbit.).

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

59 Comments
Evansjaf
First Steps

I have just bought a ProForm Tour de France Pro 5.0 indoor bike and have subscribed to iFit as the compatible software for the bike. It would be GREAT if my Fitbit was compatible with the iFit app so that everything was centralised in one place!

Estar
First Steps

We are have a new nordictrack cycle.  We've been Fitbit users for years.  We'd love to see these two integrated.  It would make tracking so much easier.

@Apples420 wrote:

I noticed that recently Fitbit now syncs with Peloton.  That's AMAZING!!!  However, I have a Nordic Track and it uses the iFit App.  Would love for FitBit to have compatibility with this app as well in order to sync workouts and other data.  (iFit schedules workouts and it would be great if these workouts were delivered to the Fitbit as a reminder. You could schedule, re-schedule or skip a particular workout just by the touch of your phone.  It could be another window on the dashboard that alerts you to a pending workout or allows you to adjust your workout activity. I hate wearing 2 activity trackers - I'd rather just wear only my Fitbit.).

Moderator edit: label.

MeghanLC
First Steps

Another vote to connect Fitbit and IFit !!!! Please 🙂

Hasthawk
First Steps

Add me to the list. Just purchased a NordicTrack S22i. Loving the bike and the workout videos but would enjoy having my Fitbit link up with the iFit tracking and vice versa. Went back and forth with the Peloton. NordicTrack and Fitbit should reach out and get it done.

erinkay
First Steps

Please make these compatible!  I love my fitbit! I'd be sad to switch brands, but I really want the functionality of my fitness tracker syncing with my treadmill.

Wayman13
First Steps

I love my Fitbit HR (lots of interchangeable bands) and I love my new Nordic Track Free Stride FS7I.   Now I just need the two to meet in the middle.  I want every step to count!!!

@Apples420 wrote:

Moderator edit: label.

Christensene1
First Steps

Please integrate Fitbit with iFit.  Please.

scahrens
First Steps

Dear FitBit, Why would you ask your customers to go to Nordic Track and ask them to use your open API and create the app? Why wouldn't you want to create a bigger partnership (C2C) and create a higher level of quality and service for your customers to return to your products? With so many other options out there for fitness watches and the options to sync with their other equipment, I would think that you would want to jump at the chance to create more opportunities for your customers. I have had my Fitbit for many many years, but after realizing that I have one of the more expensive watches and it doesn't even give me "upgrades" to a lower priced newer watch, and now it doesn't even sync with my new Nordic Track's (yes, multiple pieces of equipment), I think I may consider dumping my history of data and going to a competitor once this watch decides to quit working (and that should be soon since you only seem to have about a 2 - 2.5  year lifespan). Your product is only a fraction of the price of my fitness equipment and if one of your competitors decide they want to partner with iFit, they will make my decision easier. I think you need to consider what your customers are asking you for. Maybe your ROI isn't as high as you would like it, but making apps are not that expensive and to keep your customer base happen and potentially gain a many more customers is something you should investigate. 

ThorntonJerry
First Steps

One more vote for IFIT compatibility. 

Babyvett
Jogger

Another vote for integrating the two. 

DBennett
First Steps

I too would like to see integration with the Nordictrac/iFit enabled devices.  Just got a Versa and it doesn't accurately track steps and calories on my elliptical.   Should be some way to connect and pick up this information from the machine as its bluetooth enabled.  I've been using the iFit app on my iPad for a couple of years and it works well.  Otherwise I really like the Versa.

TanyaRae82
First Steps

I just started using my Nordic Track Free Strider.  And wish it was aple to connect to the Fitbit.  Lots of bad reviews on their wearable device.  As well as a lot of their products do not seem to be available in Canada.  

TheDesertDad
First Steps

I too would love to see this integration!  But looking at it from a programmer 's point of view, FitBit sends information via Bluetooth, it would be up to iFit to receive it.  That's why FitBit is directing you to contact NordicTrack.

MdRunnerDude
First Steps

iFit syncs to their app db data store.... Could easily be an api tie to shoot over xml data from iFit to Fitbit via app login like all the other I trgrations out there.  You don't need the hardware to push directly. 

Rivera13lv
First Steps

Another vote to connect Fitbit and IFit

Me2dot0
First Steps

Last official comment by Fitbit was June 2018.

MidniteSun
First Steps
Fitbit doesn't care. I switched to SamsungSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Hamdog01
Jogger

Yes it would be great for Fitbit and iFit to be able to communicate.Please please make an app I own a Nordic track with the iFit app this is an absolute app that we need. Make us all happy please develop an app.

GotstaGo
First Steps

Count me in too... I've had a Blaze for a few years and I bought a NT treadmill only to find out that they weren't compatible.  Now my blaze is not holding charge as well and I was considering a new ionic but I'm beginning to think I should start considering changing to one that does.  I'm hoohop you say it's in the works because I have really liked the Blaze and wanted to stay with Fitbit but if you aren't going to do what I need to you to do, I'll be forced to look into someone who does.  And I'm not interested in waiting until you have a thousand comments because we all know that isn't happening.  People are just switching which is why you are losing market share... You are too slow to adjust to market demands.  So, **ahem** it, make it compatible and salvage those of us who are still trying to be loyal to you!!!!!!  This isn't rocket science here...

OnDaRun
First Steps

I also have a Blaze and a NT treadmill and want to have them interface.  However, I am also going to start shopping for a new tracker/smartwatch if you aren't going to make them compatible.  Please make this happen soon.  I really like my Blaze.  Thanks

SBoelens
First Steps

Add another vote to this thread

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

ElaineFit
Jogger

I have a NordicTrack and would like to be able to link my fitbit Versa 2 to the iFit Coach app.  Is there anyway to do this?

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ElaineFit. Thanks for sharing your idea about integrated Fitbit with Nordic Track iFit App. This feature suggestion was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

tdipa
First Steps
versa and nordictrack heart rate connection
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.