Convertible Clip/Wrist-Based Tracker

I would love to have a device that would be able to switch between a clip and a wristband.

I want the convience of the wristband, but let's be honest, it doesn't really jive with a blacktie outfit.

When I'm dressed up, I'd love to be able to wear a clip instead, but I don't want to have to buy 2 devices and try to figure out how to sync them both (if you even can). 

I also would love to see some more femine wristbands, a little dresser. I have to wear business attire at work, and the current wristband selections just don't go with most of my outfits. 

Just some ideas 🙂 

Joyfulspirit920

Moderator edit: Edited title for clarity. / Labels

104 Comments
Kellykos
First Steps

I would echo this for all the fitbit wristband based products.  There are times where it is appropriate to wear on the wrist and times when it needs to be more subtle.  Availability of a clip accessory would enhance the product.

I actually have a one which I love.  Seeing the new products coming out like the charge HR make me want to upgrade but that is holding me back.  

aldipace
Keeping Pace

I engage in activies that do not allow me to wear a wristband!  I have a fitbit one that I can tuck inside my clothing - but the dashboard and mobile app do not allow for multiple devices!  I understand the HR monitor may or may not work if the device is tucked into my underwear and definitly would not work when slid into my pocket,  but I'd be willing to live with that to have the flexibility to have my fitbit with me at all times.

waltzingmatilda
First Steps

The One clip needs major improvement. I've lost my tracker a number of times and found it a few (currenlty waiting on a replacement because it's officially gone this time) and I always lose the entire tracker and clip. I find that I have to shove the clip down onto my bra and even then it wiggles itself free and pops off. There needs to be a piece that connects the clip in a continuous circle so that it cannot be removed unless you are purposefully trying to take it off. The rubber is also not sturdy enough to hold the tracker in place and I'd like to see a hard plastic case that the tracker slides into, or even make it a part of the case for those of us who don't even take it out of the clip. I don't want to wear my tracker any where else because the center of my bra is so discreet, but I'm always afraid I'm going to lose it. 

mckenzietyler
First Steps
I love the flex but think it would be awesome if an accessory could be made so ifit could be worn lie the zip on undergarments or hip. I'm a surgical nurse so can't wear it on my wrist at work. Would be cool to have options of how to wear it so or doesn't always have to be visble.
LAMitchell0927
First Steps
Hi guys

I have a fitbit zip and while I love it, I keep losing it because the clip doesn't stay secure to my clothes. It would be really great if there were interchangeable accessories that would allow you to wear your zip around your wrist or fastened around your Bra strap. I'd feel a lot more secure if it was fastened to me instead of having to constantly grab my clothes to feel for it.

Also, I'm a swimmer and while I love that the bit is water resistant, it can't actually swim with me so it doesn't always accurately reflect my activity. I think a waterproof case would be awesome as well. Maybe one that you could clip to a bathing suit strap or even goggles! I have a waterproof mp3 player and it attaches to my goggle strap so why can't my bit too?
Aries224
Base Runner
Why do you not have a fitbit that can be wearable on the wrist, and also pop into a holder to put on your bra/pants for when we're going out and don't want to have something on the wrist? Google modern fitness activity tracker! It has 2 ways to wear it! Sad I can't figure out how to post a picture of it!
ky1986
Recovery Runner
I would love a clip for my flex tracker. I often go for walks with the pram and am missing out on a lot of steps. I've tried pushing the pram with one hand but it's just too heavy to control. I've also tried putting the flex in my bra etc but I'm not really keen on that. A small clip that you can purchase separately would be perfect!
sarahminge
First Steps

I think having the option for the Fitbit Flex in a clip on would be a fantastic idea! I know myself and many others my age (teenagers) who have also got the fitbit are not as comfortable on wearing the Flex on the wrist to school or other places like that for the time being. As a result of this I think the Clip on would be a benefit to many. 

Nevermore1
Keeping Pace

As I wrote on another post - this is exactly the reason I went with the One as opposed to one of the other trackers.  I would have loved to have purchased the Charge HR or the Surge but didn't due to the plastic wristband.  It would be great if it was designed so other types of straps could be used (either leather or cloth).  The plastic band is fine for when I am at home or working out but not for work or a formal affair.

Heydot
First Steps
I see lots of comments on a lost fitbit one - my rubber clip has stretched out & it doesn't hold it as tightly as it did at first - I've found it the couple times it's fallen out - I'll label it as suggested but seems it could be locked if it was registered to another user without being released by original owner - or finder could return it through notifying fit it?
CJY75
Runner
I have lost my Fitbit three times. I have written to Fitbit about it. I would love a daily-wear wrist band rather than the clip-on.

Sent from my iPhone

I LOVE my fitbit one, but am experiencing some of the same logistical problems as the folks in this forum. I chose the ONE over the Flex because it tracked stairs (I take alot of stairs at work and wanted that effort to count!) and because I do not frequently wear bracelets or watches. Plus, the One isn't as accurate on the wrist except for sleep tracking (I've tried, see below)

However, I want other options that have been developed for the Flex w/ tory burch. I know some crafty people make accessories on etsy - but it's not the same. Fitbit needs to come out with other clip options. So - what could be the solution?? MAGNETS!

I'm hoping Fitbit can partner with (or develop on their own) a magnetic option like this one: http://www.lumobodytech.com/ 

the Fitbit One screen could face your body and you'd have a descreet or pretty magnet broach or 'pin' on the outside of your clothing - PERFECT! PLEASE develope this FitBit for your One product line! I'd have the option/flexibility I want and would still use the clip regularly on regular pants and bras.

In addition - I also understand the accuracy challenge of wrist vs.clipped to a main portion of your body/torso. I've even tried this when I purchased: http://www.pocketbands.com/ as an alternate to the sleep band, or as an alternate when wearing fitness gear (sports bras, & no-pocket/place to clip-on yoga pants). Unfortunately (as fitbit notes) it was less accurate - a magnet option really would be ideal! 

trapdog
First Steps

I have the One and it has a great little clip/holder.  It's been pretty reliable clipping to my bra.  I've only had a couple situations where it came off accidentally but it is very hard on my delicate, lacy Victoria Secret ones! 😞  Would love to have different 'attachment' option eg. carabiner type of holder to attach to a tank during yoga or a rubber-y type of elastic band-type of holder that could loop through itself around a strap or belt loop.  Would also love to see a wristband option or strap for around my phone since I always seem to have both of those with me.  Different colors and styles to stand out or blend in would also be super!

Mom2twoboyz
First Steps
I agree that you need to create different wearing options! I love my flex, but with the heat of summer, the band is causing me to sweat underneath and break out in painful eczema spots. A clip like The One would be so awesome!!!!
elviramental
First Steps

I have a Charge HR. I have had a One and also a zip.

This year I start nursing, and would like a device which records my heart rate, and sleep in the way the Charge HR does, but could also be swapped from a wrist band to a clip for wearing on the bra or hip.

Even better, why not make a nurses fob watch? One unit which can be transferred into the fob, wrist band or clip. I would buy it in a heart beat 🙂

Status changed to: New
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for contributing your idea to our Feature Request forum! This post has been archived due to inactivity, and can no longer receive votes or comments.

Bibifaure
Jogger
Sure that even if the surge is far ahead from the apple watch ( reason why I still haven't bought it) it'll be better to diversify accessories from example several wristbands colors, clipable pocket etc... Please think about that. Thanks
born2win
Recovery Runner

I still have the FitBit zip. I truly LOVE my Fitbit. I have been looking for a heart rate monitor that I could clip on. I could not find one. The HR comments was not quite as good as I expected plus I really do not want to buy something to wear on my arm all day. What I did do and I think this will only work for women. I have a Polar FT7 which includes a watch and strap on. I cut the band off the strap and now let my bra hold the sensor against my skin. It works perfect but I really wish FitBit had a HR that I could clip on close to my heart. I don't like the total strap options. I want something I can wear all day or take off pretty easy.

Keep up the good work FitBit team.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@F1run Great idea!

I would also recommend commenting and voting on this feature request for a switchable wrist/clip based tracker. I could see a lot of our users benefiting from a versatile tracker that can switch from clip to wrist and vice versa.

Thanks for sharing your idea on the Feature Request Board!

Sadness57
First Steps
I just lost my Fitbit very disappointed , I find those small metal post that goes in those cracks of the opposite side of bracelet not very safe, I problably lost it when I took of my coat off , I would love that the bracelet would be like a normal watch bracelet , at least it locks, I am afraid to get another one and lose again. It was a gift from my daughters very disappointed and sad.
mamma_ooh
Jogger

This is the biggest complaint (other than waterproof) that I have. I know severval people that would love to have this option, both women and men. This could be a HUGE money making opportunity for all the bands clips in colors, styles, etcetra that would be purchased.

whoosis
First Steps

I would love to have a device that can convert from a Heart Rate Monitor wristband to a discrete wearable clip (like the One).  Right now I have a One, which I love...but I wear another brand HR monitor for workouts.  Having just one device (ideally a FitBit) to do both would be perfect!!!! 

Let's be real...the HR bracelet is great for the gym and casual wear, but clunky for dressier evening attire. I am picturing something (a small disc type device) that can be moved to the HR bracelet when HR monitoring is the prioriity, but then can be moved to a clip for step/stair tracking only. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Currently the wrist models will count steps while on the arm or in a pocket. They would also work pinned to a shirt,  not sure how well it will work looped around v a belt.  It would definately be nice to have a convertible device, like the Flex with third party mounts has.

AliMilling
First Steps
I have a one and normally wear it clipped to my bra but I would like an optional bracelet/band so I could wear it on my wrist too. The only disadvantage with wearing it in my bra is that I have to sync with my phone to check my step count whereas if it was on my wrist I could just check the device. I really like to look of the alta but do think a clip should be developed along with the interchangeable straps.
faifai
First Steps

I votes for this!  Wristwatch-based trackers can be a very bad idea for people who work with their hands all day--or who are on a keyboard all day. My Charge HR has worn what looks like rug burns into both my friend's wrists and my own.  A clip-based tracker that clips onto a bra would work perfectly for women, and besides, the closer to the heart the more accurate the reading anyway. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.