Convertible Clip/Wrist-Based Tracker

I would love to have a device that would be able to switch between a clip and a wristband.

I want the convience of the wristband, but let's be honest, it doesn't really jive with a blacktie outfit.

When I'm dressed up, I'd love to be able to wear a clip instead, but I don't want to have to buy 2 devices and try to figure out how to sync them both (if you even can). 

I also would love to see some more femine wristbands, a little dresser. I have to wear business attire at work, and the current wristband selections just don't go with most of my outfits. 

Just some ideas 🙂 

Joyfulspirit920

Moderator edit: Edited title for clarity. / Labels

104 Comments
trekker
Jogger

I've washed and ruined too many fitbits and am currently debating which to get.  I'm not getting another One because of my track record but so miss my Fitbit..  I hate the unfeminine look of the Force and Flex.  Fine at home, but I don't want to wear it at work or when I'm out for a night on the town.  I would love a fitbit "charm" that you can somehow clip onto a watch or tightfitting bracelet.  Effective but not obtrusive.

Estoyjanedoe
Jogger

I debated a long time between getting the Flex and getting the One. Ultimately, I ended up with the One, because of the clip feature. 

I think it would be great though, if multiple types of holders were available for each device. If I could buy a clip and a wristband, the Flex might have been my purchase - I love the waterproof aspect, but the wristband is a bit irritating to type at work with and awful for formal wear. I wouldn't mind the option though of wearing the One on a wristband occasionally, when I'm out and about and would like easier access to the clock and step counts than inside my bra or pocket.

I love all the devices, but I think more versatility in wearing would make them better.

kejames
Recovery Runner

The tracker that goes in the wristband versions of the Fitbit is so small… why not make more wearing options? For starters, the ability to switch from a wristband to a clip is a no-brainer, but a ring would be great, too, as would an anklet, some 'fashion' bracelet options, necklaces, etc.

Idaho966
First Steps

I wear the Flex on my ankle with the bigger wrist bracklet that's provided.  For two weeks I wore a pedometer attched to my waist and the daily steps taken were comparible.  The Flex also seems to record my sleep accurately.  All of the functions perform great.  Wish I would have bought a Force to see the steps taken and the time without logging on.  But all in all really happy with the product.

psb113
First Steps

Force wristband does not stay on all day with movement.  Fitbit needs to create a retro fit for the wrist band that can go around both ends and assures it doesnt come unbuckled. I lost one after three days and am using a twist on to hold it their and several times only thing that kept me form losing second one.  I know others who have same issue.

val6503
First Steps

I totally agree with the need for a retrofit band attachment for the force.  On mine, I have a string around my wrist and a hole in the band in case it comes undone.  Really ugly, sort of like a guard on an bracelet.

My husband swims every day, so he has to take it on and off, which is really frustrating.  He's ready to send the force back to to fitbit.  Needs a retrofit band!

russellbre
First Steps

I wish there was a clip with a case available for the tracking device. This way if I choose not to wear it on my wrist or in my pocket, I could clip it to my pants as you can most pedometers. This would be beneficial for me when wearing it at the gym, as I find working out on the stationary bike my fit bit does not correctly calculate. I use a clip and clip it (with the band included) to the inside of my workout shorts. This is the only way I have found that I can get my fit bit to track my activity.

caveguy
Keeping Pace

I have found putting it in my sock works, how about a larger ankle band ?

russellbre
First Steps

I'm afraid if I put it in my sock, it will slip out and I will lose it. I thought about wearing the larger  band on my ankle, but I read on their web site that they do not recommend wearing it on the ankle...

KCSunshine69
Stepping Up
I am new and decided on Fitbit One. It would be nice to have bracelet/band that you can put your one inside similar to the clip, but a band. You could have colors to choose from, different sizes (S,M,L), and possible make the band adjustable or slip through. I have seen reviews were the flex/force fall off.<br>This option would increase variety on your product line and more revenue. I know I would by bands to match my outfits and running gear.
Uber_Rampage
Stepping Up

I love the force but there are some activites that the force becomes very inaccurate logging while wearing it on my wrist. The same activites are very accurate while in my pocket. Also, my job doesn't allow me to wear things on my wrist due to saftey concerns. I end up keeping in my pocket more often than not. Although the One might be more suitable for me, I'm still more appealed to having it on my wrist when I can.

With detachable (BUT VERY SECURE) straps, you could have 1 device no matter what your needs are.

You could then design a clip for the detachable force so you could clip it to your belt when not using the straps. This would also give you the option of not needing to make the One and the Force because it would be both in one.

Michael
5K Racer

I think the problem with that is the One isn't designed to work on the wrist, so it wouldn't track correctly. Now if they updated the firmware and gave you an option as to where you are wearing it, that might be nice. (I think some people on Etsy make jewelry to hold the One.)

Psmithlvn
Recovery Runner

I to would love a Flex band that would just clip on or buckle on like mos bracelets or watches. It's hard for me to get mine on, as I have a weak hand and fingers and it's really difficult to get it on.

KCSunshine69
Stepping Up
I wear my "one" on my wrist at night with the Velcro thing it comes with and it tracks my steps. So I am not sure they couldn't do it.
Meeshy999
First Steps

I agree with this idea.  I wear my Force all the time, but in professional business settings, it looks a little more athletic than I like.  It would be great if there was a fashion bracelet option that was not as chunky, and was in gold or silver color so it could be worn with a variety professional clothing. 

pat1946
Recovery Runner

I have had a fitbit since the original  I currently have a fitbit One.  I was thinking that it would be nice to have a fitbit that can go from a bracelet to a clothes clip.  I like the idea of wearing it on my wrist all the time, but sometimes when dressed for special occasions would like to hide it on my bra.

TSM66
Recovery Runner

I too would love to be able to convert a flex into a waistband clip or something to wear a little more discretely or when I am biking or shopping and my arms aren't moving.

wkay99
Base Runner

I too like this idea.  I love the flex most of the time, but would very much like to be able to occasionally "hide" it and still be able to get a good count.

KIervin
First Steps

Oh, what a great idea! 

Also would love to see a waterproof cover so I could use it while I swim!

debs
Recovery Runner

I also would like to be able to wear it both ways. I work in a hospital and can not wear it on my wrist all the time. However when I am not working I would like to have that option. I am even game for a 2nd fitbit if they can be linked to one dashboard.

Teraleem
First Steps
I love my Flex but would love another way to carry my tracker. If you could make an accessory that would allow me to also clip it on my waist band that would be great. The solution to carry it in my pocket isn't great-I'm afraid I'll lose it.
kdarrants
First Steps

I like this idea, especially since I have a problem with it popping off when carrying things.

LRowe
First Steps

I love my Flex but notice that when I walk at work I'm usually carrying stuff and never get accurate steps (not moving my arms). Started wearing it in my sock and got a much more accurate step count. Would love to have more options - ankle band? Got a large band but doesn't quite fit around the ankle (so close). Summer is coming so will be wearing sandles without socks! Would love for some way to wear on my ankle where I know I'm getting accurate step counts. I do the same power walk every morning and on my ankle it's 4.3 miles and on my wrist it's under 4 (guess I just don't swing my arms enough - and I'm trying ;-). Any other suggestions would be helpful and appreciated on getting a more accurate step count!

Cameronharp
Jogger
Hi there!
I would LOVE to have a clip for my Flex. I wear it 24/7 and I would love to wear it on my sports bra instead of my wrist. Is this in the works? Thanks!
JustTracy
First Steps

GREAT IDEA!  I would love this too. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.