Copy food log from one day to another

Hi there, I would like to have the option to bring/take one day food plan and copy it into one different day(s). Loging food one by one those days I wanted to repeat my plan is time consuming and I would like to avoid it. of course keep the option to add food if by any chance I decide to cheat, just like now. Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Moderator edit: Labels

118 Comments
DenverJ
First Steps

Wishing for easy meal tracking! Concur with everyone on this string. I make my meals from scratch so can't easily scan or type in a brand to track, and make meals for the week. I really need a way to easily duplicate my days worth of eating. Plus this would help me plan what I CAN eat in advance instead of tracking what I've already ate. I hate to download yet another app to do this. Fitbit NEEDS to make this a priority!! 

JimH2000
Jogger
When I was entering this post, I noted a remark that suggested using
MyFitnessPal, an app by Under Armour, which provide this feature and others
very useful. This app links to FitBit and copies summary info. I've
switched and am very happy with this setup
Lina-Marie
First Steps

I love the macros aspect, but logging food isn’t a nightmare. One I’d rather find another app for. If you could integrate saved meals so i don’t have to add everything so a spaghetti recipe everytime I cook it /: FREE OF CHARGE. I’m not paying for something in the app, when we already pay 100+ for a device. Thank you. 

Lina-Marie
First Steps

@Lina-Marie wrote:

I love the macros aspect, but logging food isn’t a nightmare. One I’d rather find another app for. If you could integrate saved meals so i don’t have to add everything so a spaghetti recipe everytime I cook it /: FREE OF CHARGE. I’m not paying for something in the app, when we already pay 100+ for a device. Thank you. 

Is a problem!!!!! Is a big problem!!

KelsNicole
First Steps

Agreed, it would make it so much easier if I could plug my ingredients in and save it as one item. This would encourage me to cook my own meals and be healthier rather than finding pre-made, frozen dishes or canned foods that already give you the calories and macro-nutrients. I get too stressed out and feel unmotivated to work when I know I will have to search or scan every little item that I put into my meal.

KetoMel
Jogger

The workaround I have found for now is to create the recipe in my fitness pal and then add it as a "food" in fitbit app, not ideal but it does work. 

Lina-Marie
First Steps
Good idea…. Never though about that but like you said yea not ideal. Its a fitness app and watch, what your eating and intaking is more important than just working out. So it seems like they could of done just a little better on the logging aspect.
Lina-Marie
First Steps

Good idea…. Never thought about that but like you said yea not ideal. It's a fitness app and watches, what your eating and intaking are more important than just working out. So it seems like they could have done just a little better on the logging aspect.

please take the time to vote up if you agree, this way developers can actually see that we want this!!

mclass
Recovery Runner

To be able to copy entire meal from one day to any other day. 

I cook pretty much EVERYTHING from scratch and I got a fitbit last week, up until now Ive used My Fitness Pal and found the food logging great... on here though, its infuriating that I can't find half of the ingredients I use, I cant add them into the database for my partner to find, and so much of it is still centralised on US customers.  I used to be able to 'create recipe' in MFP, all the herbs & spices were there, but they rarely are in Fitbit, even though spices etc Do have a calorific value and its easy to clock up 50 cals+ in herbs & spices alone per porton in something like, a curry.  Today, I tried logging some Nestle Coffee Mate 2 tsp in a coffee I had... Nope... the entry is wrong, the only one it brings up is Nestle Coffee Mate, 1 serving, 586 calories... NO, its 37, 1 serving is 2 tsp, not the entire tub - and there's no way to edit or report that error... Still a lot to do on the food side of things, which, as everyone knows, is crucial for fitness, You cannot outrun a bad diet

Considering that I paid £100 for my band, and £150 for my husbands, its really quite poor.

Lina-Marie
First Steps

THANK YOU!!! please keep voting up! and PLEASE! mention you want it to be free of charge! Ill pay for workouts, but to organize my food, and for the price of the bands, no thank you!

My Fitness Pal is years ahead with this feature. I can scan a barcode and add the information, I can put in a web address and import a full recipe, I can add ingredients to the database - BUT no, not with Fitbit, not if I am not in the US. Its like every other customer doesnt matter. If they have no desire to cater toward anywhere outside of the USA 'bubble' then they should stop selling the product.

JimH2000
Jogger
I’ve switch to entering meal info via MyFitness Pal. It has many feature
that make it more complete meal tracker. And since it links with FitBit
and supplies summary info to it. I’m happy with this arrangement.
GingerFred
Recovery Runner
Exactly my point! Thank you!
toddm1050
First Steps

I would like to be able to create and save a full days menu plan for that could then be reused with just a single click.  Very similar to the current meal creation tool only with the addition of being able to add the food time slot info for each individual item

Hersai
Stepping Up

To everyone supporting this request: I have found that you can create a myfitnespal.com account where you can find this functionality fully working and link it to your fitbit account, whatver food your log there synchronizes between accounts. However in view that myfinesspal.com(underarmor), team was not able to keep my personal data secure I have stopped using it, stay away from this sites. Thanks!

Lina-Marie
First Steps

Thank you, but the entire point of this thread is that’s not what we want. We want 1 app guys 1. Not to have to use an app that integrates with it. Half the time they use different forms of cal measurement throughout the day. So you’re using two apps and reading two things. 

NEW FIT BIT APP WITH PROPER LOGGING METHODS. THIS IS WHAT WE WANT!! 

Hersai
Stepping Up

@Lina-Marie 

Agreed with your statement.

please note that since I have started this request I have tried to push for this feature to be added as much as posible.

One of the 1st things I did if you see through the messages thread was that I have searched on the entire site for other threads requesting the same feature and calling those people to join our cause, however I have seen this feature labeled as Not in future plans, that's the reason of suggesting myfitnesspal.com.

Then these folks failed to keep customer data secured, whit that said there is no point of using thes unsecured apps.

Is your lead now, I am dropping

Best

inposition
Jogger
Since I started this whole effort, I have seen many people come and go while fitbit ignored us. I've moved on to myfitnesspal and suggest you do to. It's okay.

Sent from Outlook
kennykhlee
Recovery Runner

Would love a feature where you can simply copy a meal to the next day or future time.  If you order, ie chinese food, you have to put in each dish, ingredient, etc.  If you have the exact same meal the next day, you have to itemize each dish again.  I know some will say to create a meal but if you only do this randomly, you dont want to create several meals.  Would love FB to create a "copy this meal" feature.....on top of building that Fitbit ring!!!!

Fujilala
First Steps

As part of AIA Vitality Program, I regularly have to input my food intake on a daily basis. Often I miss logging my food intake due to busy lifestyle and need to revert back to past days and weeks. The current Fitbit App doesn’t allow to log food intake for days that have already past but only current day. Was hoping if Fitbit Developer can enable this feature which will ease this logging process for everyone.

Thanking you all in advance.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Sigaricus
First Steps

I would also like the ability to for example: Copy Yesterday's Breakfast to Today's log!

GingerFred
Recovery Runner

Hello lovely people, 

I have this idea that Fitbit has few deals with other companies that are offering food/calories logs. I got back to MyNetDiary and needed to pay yearly subscription to make MND and FB compatible. So basically I use only MyNetDiary to log my food, copy my meals etc. And FitBit only to track activity. After synchronizing FB, logged food is appearing in FB and burned calories is appearing in MND. Happy with that. 

FitBit food dairy is sh.. anyway. 

So, in summarise, I believe FitBit has deal with MyNetDiary, MyFintessPall etc and they are never going to improve theirs food dairy.

Magnanimity5
Base Runner

This issue is so big it’s driven us all driving away from Fitbit.  I just got an iPhone.  Health doesn’t sync with Fitbit.  Fitbit isn’t syncing with MyFitnessPal. And they all need to be as easy and thoughtful for busy people.  If I wanted to sit  at a computer I wouldn’t be wearing a Fitbit and carrying a phone.  No plans for it in the future.  Wake up.  This should be THE premier fitness App.  If it can’t be, do something else.  

GingerFred
Recovery Runner
👌👌👍👍👍👏👏👏👏
Absolutely agree!!!
If they cannot deliver something they have promised I want my money back!!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.