Copy food log from one day to another

Hi there, I would like to have the option to bring/take one day food plan and copy it into one different day(s). Loging food one by one those days I wanted to repeat my plan is time consuming and I would like to avoid it. of course keep the option to add food if by any chance I decide to cheat, just like now. Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Moderator edit: Labels

118 Comments
RJMc88
Stepping Up
I would like to be able to go back a day or more and copy a meal or item that I previously ate to today's log. Eg if on Monday I made a smoothie or an omelet from 5 ingredients for breakfast and I make that same meal again today on Thurs this would let me select the the breakfast from Monday and copy the 5 ingredients to today in one action.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @RJMc88, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to copy a previous day's meal or item to a different day with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

MinistrOfJustiz
First Steps
We should be able to select a meal logged on a previous day and save it as a "favorite meal" to our recipes, preferably in the app but at least on the web dashboard. That way, if I make a big pot of soup and scan the ingredients as I go and figure out the portions (because you don't help) I can track the same meal later when I eat the leftovers.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MinistrOfJustiz, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to copy a meal from a previous day to another one with us. This was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Kogre
First Steps
It would be helpful and less time consuming to be able to copy entire meals from a previous day into the current one or from an earlier time in the same day, and then from there be able to be edited in the usual way.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Kogre, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to copy entire meals from a previous day into the current one. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes.

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

BruceHW
Jogger
It would really be nice to have the ability to copy meals from prior entries. I realize that I can create favorite meals, and I have done that on my most frequent meals. However, this is a lot of trouble for meals that I repeat on a short term basis, or for meals that I do not anticipate repeating.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BruceHW, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to copy meals from prior entries. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Wildandprimal
First Steps
I would like Inspire 2 to have an update that would allow me to copy meals/drinks from previous days, since I eat a lot of the same foods. It is very time consuming to input each and every item each day. Thanks
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Wildandprimal, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to copy a food previously logged into a different day on the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

rp_1
First Steps
Can you group foods together as a meal or can you add a feature where I can copy a meal from one day to the next? It is a lot of work to manually enter each component of each meal each day (when meal prepping, its easy to eat the same thing for 3-4 days).
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rp_1, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion copying food log from one day to another. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Brandy_fit
First Steps
Having the option to copy a previous days meals would help those that are athletes on a specific meal plan.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Brandy_fit, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to copy a meal from a previous day into another day with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Rudolps
Jogger

Why can’t the software be enhanced to allow the copying of meals from one day to the next or from one meal to the next? Having to put individual items in each meal is tedious and frustrating. With all of the updates to the software that should’ve been one of them.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rudolps, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to copy food log from one day to another on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Myers1562
First Steps

It would also be nice to copy items from a previous day to another day

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Myers1562, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to copy food items from a previous day to another day with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.