Customize “Quick Add" options for Water Intake

It would be a nice time-saver to have the ability to customize the ‘Quick Add’ buttons (the buttons that say Cup, bottle, large bottle) - It would make it easier if I could replace one of those with my own custom option (I.e - 600ml bottle).

I know we can add any amount we choose using the number pad, however that means a few extra clicks compared to the idea that so am suggesting.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

66 Comments
instyne49
Recovery Runner
Thank you. I'm not surprised that others would want that functionality,
being able to keep accurate records easily appeals to lots of people.
boos.maggie
First Steps
Please make the water bottle sizes adjustable in the app. I use 32 oz or 40 oz water bottles and want to quick add my water intake.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @boos.maggie, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize water bottle sizes. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

halesqx
First Steps
I would like to be able to customize the amounts of water on the quick add screen. For example, I would like to be able to change one glass (8 oz) to 10 oz to work with the size of my water bottle better.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Soozeeeee, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize quick add for water on Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @halesqx, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize “Quick Add” tiles inside ‘Water’ tab on Today screen. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

This feature suggestion (or one basically identical to it) has been open since at least 2015, with 1430 votes. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Customize-Quick-Add-Water-Sizes/idi-p/649725

I'm disappointed that such an obviously beneficial and straightforward recommendation has been left idle for so long.

Soozeeeee
Recovery Runner

I keep getting notifications and replies that you've done this and it's available. It's not. You're moving and locking people's comments in error, putting them on an unrelated thread about water sizes on some of the watches - either because you're not paying attention or in order to pat yourselves on the back for a job well done that hasn't even been looked at - as gtuckerkellog says above, this has been an outstanding feature request for some time.

Please read our requests properly - we're asking for this functionality within the app, not in the watches. We know you've made it available on a handful of the watches. We would like it on the app please. It's not a big ask. 

If you can't do it just say so, but please stop telling us it's done because it's incredibly frustrating to see you've not actually bothered to read our comments properly.

Thanks

PS please put customisable water sizes On The App

NannyKaz
Jogger

Yes please I’d like to be able to personalise the amount in a glass of water on the app 

ToraUFO
First Steps

Absolutely! I came to this forum only to suggest this. My usual water glass is 75ml, it would be so much easier if I had my class as a "quick add". 

maykyd
First Steps

Commenting on this thread, so it can continue to get attention. My water bottle is 22 fl oz, and I would love it as a quick add option. Within the app, Fitbit should allow us to edit our Quick Add amounts under Account > Settings > Activity & Wellness > Nutrition & Weight. 

Although there is a thread from 2015 marked as Released, this issue still hasn't been addressed with in the Fitbit mobile app.

rachelvenis
First Steps
Allow custom water log quick add amount.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rachelvenis, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize “Quick Add” tiles inside ‘Water’ tab on Today screen. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

instyne49
Recovery Runner

I'm adding an updated comment because Fitbit is still not addressing this request despite the interest it has drawn from many users. I still want this worked on, 5 years is far too long for you be dragging your feet on a popular request.

Taz56
Base Runner

It has been almost 2 years, you can not tell us this is not possible or even hard to do or takes this amount of time. By not doing it as of yet you have effectively said "Thanks for the suggestion, but no". Yet it is a great idea and people want it. What is the harm or what is the negative side of making this particular change?

HomoHabitis
Jogger

This is a must!  I'd love to be able to set a custom quick add label to 400ml on the Android app, as my water mugs are 400ml and I constantly have to type it in multiple times every single day. 

KFit789
Base Runner

Adding yet another voice to this suggested feature. I never drink/enter 24 oz. of water. Yes, I can do custom amounts, and do on a regular basis. But it would be really great if I could replace that "24 oz" option with something more useful to myself - say, 4 oz, or 12 oz, volumes of water I enter regularly by performing the multistep process.

Please, this is should be a fairly simple feature people have been requesting **in the APP** for 2 years now. It has not been released. While it might be available on some of the watches, that is useless to your many many users who do not want one of the watches. Make it available **in the APP** so everyone can use the functionality.

instyne49
Recovery Runner
I 42nd that motion.
94faith
First Steps
Could you make a software update that allows us to customize the “quick add” water feature to our own cup/bottle size?!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @94faith, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to customize the water quick add options with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

tclark70
First Steps
Instead of having fixed 8, 12, 24 ounces allow user to specify their own three choices for quick add. It saves time not having to type it in.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @tclark70, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to customize the Quick Add options to log your water with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Sfosket
First Steps

Please add this feature. My water bottles are 12 oz and 20 oz. It is a hassle to have to add a custom amount every time I drink my water bottle. Everyone else is requesting this too, apparently since 2014.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Customize-Quick-Add-Water-Sizes/idi-p/649725

This post states it was fixed, I have the most up to date version of the Android app and cannot figure out how to change it. I have looked in the settings of the app and on the settings menu of the water tab and don't see it anywhere. Please update this feature it would help at a minimum the 1500 people that voted on that suggestion and this one.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It's been a few years since this feature has been requested. I just got off support chat and they suggested I come here to request custom water amounts. This seems like it would be an easy software update to fix it. What gives Fitbit?

MGoMonty88
First Steps

Fully agree with this sentiment! I have a Versa 2, and yes I've faithfully logged my water every day for years now. But it truly would be nice to be able to customize my Quick Add values to match the cups and bottles I personally use. First world problem? Yes. Super convenient and probably not difficult for Fitbit to do? Absolutely! Thanks in advance, I look forward to this on the next software upgrade 😉 🙂

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.