Customize “Quick Add" options for Water Intake

It would be a nice time-saver to have the ability to customize the ‘Quick Add’ buttons (the buttons that say Cup, bottle, large bottle) - It would make it easier if I could replace one of those with my own custom option (I.e - 600ml bottle).

I know we can add any amount we choose using the number pad, however that means a few extra clicks compared to the idea that so am suggesting.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

66 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @BennMcNallyWoman Happy

irishaideen
Stepping Up

I was thinking exactly the same, as my glasses,mugs and water bottle hold different amounts than the ones in the quick add section.

Also useful would be if the water feature was set up like the food feature, in that it is broken down into each entry - I find that I can never remember if I recorded that last cup of coffee or glass of juice or not! I have to add up in my head each item that I can remember having drunk and see if it matched the total recorded so far. Whereas in the food section I can see immediately what I've recorded for breakfast  lunch etc.

Another helpful idea would be if when I record an item in the food section that happens to also be part of my hydration imput if that could be recorded in both at the same time instead of having to add them seperately.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree. I recently got a new water bottle that is 710 mL it would be nice to be able to quick add this rather than having to type it in every time.

irishaideen
Stepping Up
Yep, none of my glasses or mugs or bottles match their ones. So it makes
sense to be able to personalise all of these settings
Blueunicorn74
First Steps

It would be really useful to be able to change the quick add water quantities.  My bottles are 570ml and it would be useful to use the quick add instead of constantly adding it manually.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Blueunicorn74, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

GH181
Jogger

All the quick entry icons are multiples of 8-oz. Could we see 8-12-16? I seem to have regular 12-oz entries and it would be easy to tap one twice to get 16 or 24 with the adjustment. Thanks!

NeeterSkeeter
First Steps

Please consider changing the 16 or 24 oz water icon to a 12 oz icon.  Most kitchen water glasses are 12 oz, and I always have to key it in.  If we want 16 or 24 oz, we can just hit 8 two or three times easily enough.  My suggestion would be an 8 oz, 12 oz, and 17 oz, since bought water bottles are close to 17 (16.9 mostly).   Thanks for your consideration!  😊

jamie1430
Walker

I'd like a 32 Oz as well. I always have to do a 24 and 8 when I get tea from the gas station. 

AH64ID
First Steps

@LuciaFitbit Yes there is a topic on this already, but it's old and has been locked so comments cannot continue. 

NikolayN
First Steps

Please include 330 ml water "Quick Add For Today" in the "Add Water Log" interface. Now you only have 250 / 500 / 750 ml. But in Europe we usually have 330 ml bottles and it takes much time to put it exact numbers. Thank you!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NikolayN!  That’s an interesting idea, thanks for sharing why you would like to have a different option to log your water. I've moved it into a similar suggestion, as the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

I totally agree! A 250ml preset isn’t helpful when I always drink 300ml. Another post suggested this but the Fitbit moderator marked it as released when it isn’t! I thought the moderators are supposed to be intelligent people who actually know stuff about Fitbit. So they probably have no intention of adding this feature.

SkinnyDjinn
First Steps

Please make it possible to change unit values on the quick add water page.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SkinnyDjinn, thank you for taking the time to share this idea about having the option to  change unit values on the quick add water page, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently under "Reviewed by moderator" status. 

EmmaM88
Jogger

This would be really useful, my water bottle is 600ml, it would be much easier and quicker if i could edit the large bottle to be 600ml instead of 750ml so i can just quick add a bottle rather than manually typing in "600" everytime.

michs02
First Steps

This would be a very helpful feature!

michs02
First Steps

This would be a very helpful feature, and one that people have been asking for for nearly 5 years!! 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Customize-Quick-Add-Water-Sizes/idi-p/649725

icewindgale
First Steps

There was quite a bit of frustration in the (now locked) thread after this same suggestion was marked "resolved" when the solution provided did not address the requested functionality.  It might be worth considering that the prior request, which was not different and has not been addressed, had nearly 1500 votes.

soawesomejohn
First Steps

I just got fitbit versa 2 and the fitbit app. My first experience with the water logging is that none of the quick add sizes matched my water bottle (32oz/1000ml) and no way to customize it. I did find the 5-year old "Customize Quick Add Water Sizes", which was highly upvoted, but locked with a "released" tag. But no, Fitbit never resolved it, they just told you to go use someone else's app such as MyFitnessPal. 

Soozeeeee
Recovery Runner

The quick add for water has three sizes on it. It would be handy if those sizes could be customised, or new quick add tiles added which could be customised, so that people who regularly drink different amounts could use the quick add function. Eg. 330ml, 350ml, 600ml, 1ltr - not all water bottles are 500 or 750 and not all glasses are 250. Would just makes things quicker when logging water.

Screenshot_20200126-160510.png

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Soozeeeee, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to customize quick add water amounts from the Fitbit app.

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

touri
Base Runner

Yeah, I would like to see a quick add icon for 33.8fl oz or 1 liter, the size of SmartWater, life water etc. 

instyne49
Recovery Runner
My suggestion concerns the water volume settings. I can add 1 glass (8oz), 1 bottle (16oz) or 1 large bottle (24oz) Many water bottles bought in bulk, like a 24 pack contain bottles that are 12 oz, yet in your app there is no way to add just 12 oz. The 8 oz measurement should be changed to 4 oz. See below for justification.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @instyne49, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize more specific water measurements on the Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.