Customize “Quick Add" options for Water Intake

It would be a nice time-saver to have the ability to customize the ‘Quick Add’ buttons (the buttons that say Cup, bottle, large bottle) - It would make it easier if I could replace one of those with my own custom option (I.e - 600ml bottle).

I know we can add any amount we choose using the number pad, however that means a few extra clicks compared to the idea that so am suggesting.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

66 Comments
instyne49
Recovery Runner

I got frustrated with this whole thing a good while ago. It's been so long since I  updated my water intake that I'm surprised I haven't been listed as dead through dehydration. This is the first time I've been reminded of it in forever. I would love to see this finally incorporated into the app. Thanks for the response.

Philosophy
Jogger

I just got my Fitbit and am very disappointed to see this feature was suggested so long ago and this has yet to be fixed.  The water tab in the app seems so bare and neglected compared to other tabs that seem infinitely customizable.  Sometimes when I hit the wrong button, I can't even tell which amount I added because it doesn't tell the time like the other food app!  Would like to see a little love given to the water tab!  Heres my vote for being able to customize the amounts as well! My cup is 12oz and my water bottle is 32oz.  Sometimes I get crazy and drink only 10oz too.

Philosophy
Jogger

So this is the same request as https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Customize-Quick-Add-Water-Sizes/idi-p/649725 

Yet Fitbits response was here you go on your tracker.  

This was/is being requested on the APP and clearly has a ton of support!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
It would be helpful if you could change the bottle sizes so you can use the quick add feature for the type of water bottle you own.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to customize water 'Quick add' option. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

csrsoma
First Steps

I see that this request has been open since 2019. Has there been any movement?

KawaiiPotato
First Steps

Got here after searching for how to customise quick add for water. My water bottle is 1.2 L and after spending time logging my food for the day, its tedious to then manually add water so i have just been logging 500ml twice and skipping the 200ml every time i finish the water bottle. Even if the large bottle button was just a litre and the others were smaller units (50ml, 100ml, 500ml) so that if i happen to use a bottle thats 750ml i can just use the quick add to make that ammount. But this would be even better if you can just customise the quick add however you want. I really hope this gets added in the future.

winyaz
First Steps

How often to people drink 24oz?  Not as often as 12oz, a common size for bottles and cans.  And a 12oz default would support those drinking 24oz - just hit the button twice.  In any case the optimal solution is to allow users to customize the Quick Add sizes.

Yohannas
First Steps

I just came back to Fitbit and I’m frustrated this still isn’t a feature yet! It would be so easy to implement this. I have a 900ml water bottle which I fill twice a day so it would be much more convenient to be able to customer a quick-add button for that on my Charge 6.

Carswe123
Base Runner
I think we should add 40 and 32 ounce water shortcut. Along with the ones we already have. Also, add it so that we can see how much water we have drink throughout the day on our Fitbit I have a versa 4
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Carswe123, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

Cococat54321
Stepping Up
There are Fitbit apps for water tracking, but they don’t work for Luxe. I personally always use a 40oz Hydroflask to drink water throughout the day, and it would be nice if I could customize my quick add quantities for water in the Fitbit app to match my Hydroflask water bottle and the size of my glasses at home (which are all 12oz).
Ryan_S
Jogger

I believe adding a custom size for quick add water is a great idea! Let's get this done, Fitbit! 🤓:droplet:

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Cococat54321, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to customize the Quick Add options for Water Intake on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

ISutekh
First Steps

It would also be nice to have the ability to set the quick add amounts to the water intake. Giving more control and ease of use. The 8/16/24 doesn't fit into most of my day to day and I need to manually input it each time.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ISutekh, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to customize the “Quick Add" options for Water Intake on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.