Evening Snack Food log designation

As of today "Anytime" was removed as a food log time designation. It appears I wasn't alone using it to record my evening snack items. Its removal means that my food log for dinner is now inaccurate. 5 time desginations aren't enough for a diabetic (3 meals, 3 snacks) and for most people watching their nutrition, evening snacking is a dangerous habit.

Moderator edit: Added Labels

134 Comments
drumtrucker
Premium User
First Steps

is there a 'feature request' area anywhere?

if there is I would ask for 'evening snack' slot in food log

Odyssey13
Community Legend

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Improve-Our-Community/idb-p/community_suggestions

You might do a search to see if it's been suggested before you post.

Vote for those you like, too!

drumtrucker
Premium User
First Steps

seems like a no brainer that there would be an 'evening snack' slot in the food log.

trainer
Premium User
Hill Runner

For me, logging 'anytime' automatically puts it as an evening snack. Not that this makes sense, but at least it does do what you want for now.

drumtrucker
Premium User
First Steps

I logged the offending candy bar(s) as ANYTIME, and it shows as ANYTIME.  Where do you see it as EVENING SNACK?

yep, evening snack, bed time snack, midnight snack... all would help me be acountable and see paterns. 

MatthewFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

To clarify: The suggestion here is to add an "Evening Snack" option to the Food Logging menu, alongside the other meal designations.

GirlGoneMod
Jogger

Adding an "Evening Snack" option to replace "Anytime" is a great idea. There needs to be a place to log food eaten between dinner and bedtime. The anytime option served this purpose sufficiently, but Evening Snack is more accurate. 

keengkong
Base Runner

I liked anytime. I shouldn't have to state when I ate the meal.

raquel54
Base Runner

Please either bring back "anytime" or add the more accurate 'evening snack'.

Cr8Hlth
Jogger

I prefer the 'Anytime' designation but 'Evening Snack' is an acceptable alternative.

Melissa79
Base Runner

I have been working with a Nutritionist and was using the "Anytime" box formy evening snack. Currently without the "Anytime" box, it looks like I over did dinner, seriously. Please add the evening snack box. It would make life so much easier for those of use who do 3 meals/3 snacks.

cmhehre619
Jogger

The 6th meal time is DEFINITELY a feature cannot live without. I use the fitbit to stay on track with meals and snacks because I am required to have 6 meals per day (coming from the gaining side of the fence) and having it removed is a great disappointment and inconvenience, as I can see it is for others as well.

Don't really care what it's called, but definitely relied on it.

JerryR
Stepping Up

I concur with everyone who wishes to either retain the Anytime designation or add an Evening Snack catagory. Ive used the former for 5 years and i really do not wish to loose this option.

keeponwalking
Recovery Runner

Please return the anytime category.  It is definitely a must and something most people know they need to eat 6 small times a day. My vote is for returning it or the category as evening snack.

Xilanz
Jogger
I would also prefer Evening Snack as a new option.
AZFran
Walker

Please add back either Anytime or Evening Snack.  I eat 6 times per day and need that 6th meal time to track my food intake accordingly.  As mentioned earlier from someone else, as of today it shows my dinner as being over my calorie count and is not reflective of the time I really ate.  

First Steps

Really need something as a substitute for the "anytime' section of the food log. It's arguably the most important feature. I'll certainly be logging less and ultimately using the program less because of the change.

scholl
Base Runner

Either Anytime or Evening Snack works. Why not have the food log reflect reality of when people eat - obviously a lot of us have bed-time snacks. And no, I don't want my dinner to reflect really 2 meals worth of calories. Bring back that extra category, please! Woman Sad

hbr
Keeping Pace

Please bring back the "anytime" or some option (evening snack) to indicate any eaten thing that does not fall into the meal or two snack times.  This was frustrating to see the "anytime" option suddenly removed!

GlenSiegel
Base Runner

I would like to see the Anytime put back or Evening Snack.  AS importantly,  what happened to the food recorded there???

Jocco
Premium User
Jogger

Please restore "anytime" or add "evening snack."

NordicWolf
Jogger

I agree with the masses.  I used the Anytime often.  To log after dinner snacks and also to log vitamins and things of that nature.  While I would rather have the anytime restored, I would accept and evening snack option.

gobeagl
Runner

I vote to have either of these options as well -- "anytime" or "evening snack"  Since so many of us agree I think Fitbit should fix it as quickly as we lost it! Thanks!

bbdata
Jogger

Add me to the list of folks who think Fitbit is a lesser product without the Anytime category.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.