Fitbit and Cyclemeter Integration

In THIS THREAD there's been quite a discussion on the desires of some for certain other apps to sync with FitBit, particularly for me the Cyclemeter app. In that link you can see a lot of the pros and cons of Cyclemeter vs. Strava and to be honest, Strava stinks.

I have reached out to Cyclemeter and they have passed along the request to sync with FitBit but they said unless there is a lot more interest (apparently I was the first to ask), they would have to hold off and maybe in the distant future.

I'm sure if FitBit contacted Cyclemeter that could get things sped up and interests piqued!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

87 Comments
Paul18
First Steps
I am certainly interested in linking fitbit with my cyclemeter app, so if it can be done it would be great.
TXbit
First Steps

I will second this... Cyclemeter Rocks! Please integrate. 

SMUMF
Jogger

Yes,  please! I'm currently trying to use MyFitnessPal to pull them all together, and it's a huge pain. I'd much rather log food in FitBit and have Cyclemeter log ride calories. Plus donig so makes the fitbit interface much more useful (and if I have my data in the native fitbit app, you're more likely to keep me and others like me as a customer.)

mac5585
First Steps

I use Cyclemeter everyday and it would be nice to have the Fitbit Charger HR heart rate monitor work with Cyclemeter. 

SteLittle
Jogger
I rather naively thought the connection was already there, had I known it wasn't i may have decided not to purchase the Fitbit surge I have. This for me is an essential update that is needed. Especially being able to link the heart rate in.
TwitchinKitten
Base Runner

So glad to see this is gaining some traction!

Please write to Cyclemeter too! Like they said to me, the more they see interest, the better.

Now if only the heart rate monitor actually figured your caloric burn instead of continuing the old method of guessing. That was the sole reason I bought my HR.

Eanson
Jogger
Please integrate. Would be a big help. Thx
JohnBlijd
First Steps
I have owned a Fitbit flex and now a Fitbit Charge HR and I must say that Fitbit is not making it easy for us to be able connect with other devices or apps such as IPhone Health and Cycle meter I hope that Fitbit will loosen up on integration with other fellow companies. I just put in a preorder for the Blaze so I can only hope that syncing will get better in the near future!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I naively thought seamless intergretion would be there as well with using the ChargeHR to record my HR within Cyclemeter. Some apps have this intergretion already so if Cyclemeter want people to keep using their app this obviously will happen quicker than later.
TwitchinKitten
Base Runner

@Eanson, @JohnBlijd & @SunsetRunner

To get this to happen you MUST, ABSOLUTELY MUST write to Cyclemeter. Cyclemeter does not monitor the FitBit forums and cannot read minds. They NEED to hear from "us" to see interest in the integration.

FitBit will then be approached by the people who make Cyclemeter (Abvio ) IF they SEE enough INTEREST in this integration, but it HAS to be done in the right order:

Write to Cyclemeter and express your interest.
THEN

CC that letter to FitBit.

Rinse, repeat until you get satisfaction.

Funny, I do not see FitBit making ANY contributions to this thread.

CR2014
Jogger

Cyclemeter and Charge HR user here - Count me among those who would realy really LOVE to see fitbit and Cyclemeter linked! Thanks for listening.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
VivisFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey there! Thank you for adding this idea, I think this is a good addition to our current integrations. 

Eanson
Jogger
So, are there any plans to move forward?

Sent from my iPhone
stparee
First Steps
I also use Cyclemeter and just purchased a Charge HR a little over a month. Would love to be able to sync the 2 apps.
Randmi
First Steps
Would love to have the ability to sync with cycle meter
Marde_fzj80
First Steps
I emailed both Cyclemeter and
FitBit this morning. Like the rest of you, I was disappointed to not see Cyclemeter listed on the FitBit apps. Cyclemeter has been my go to app since it was first released!
Marde_fzj80
First Steps
Here is the answer I received from Cyclemeter.

Hi Marde,

Thank you for being a long-time user of our app. It means the world to us that you've stayed with us over the years.

I wish I had better news for you, but unfortunately, support for the FitBit is not in our near term plans. However, I would be glad to send your request to our engineering team to let them know you'd be interested in having this added to the app. Adding your voice to the need for this integration may help to raise the priority as we plan for future development.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions.

Best regards,

Fran Taylor
Abvio

TwitchinKitten
Base Runner

@Marde_fzj80 - Thank you so much for writing to Cyclemeter!

Marde_fzj80
First Steps
FitBit's reply:

Hi Marde,

Thank you for your suggestion. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features), which our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback.

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps.

Thank you so much for your feedback and for participating in our community!

Sincerely,

Tony M. and the Fitbit Team

Reply directly to this email to update your case.

Join the growing Fitbit Community! Get answers. Stay motivated. Find Fitbit friends.

b1keridingpinko
First Steps

Just emailed Abvio support myself today before finding this post and got the exact same answer within minutes -- it was just a form response.  I responded and told them there were lots of people interested in the integration so hopefully they'll recognize that... I'm looking at buying the new Blaze and it's easier and cheaper for me to get used to a new Cycle app then it is to buy an Apple Watch -- the Casio that Cyclemeter suggests doesn't have an integrated heart monitor.  Thanks everyone for putting the pressure on!

curiousmind
First Steps

I cannot believe that none of the FitBit HR models integrate with Cyclemeter! I just went out and purchased the new FitBit Blaze and the first thing I did was to try and add it to Cyclemeter as a HR device! When this didnt work I googled the issue and ended up here.

It makes perfect sense to pair one of the most popular fitness tracking devices with one of the most popular fitness apps. Come on and make this happen! Please?

chubbco
First Steps
Let me add my voice. Please commit the resources to integrate Fitbot and CycleMeter.
TwitchinKitten
Base Runner

Look at the original date I started this. July 15, 2015. Surely you'd think by now someone at FitBit would have contaced Cyclemeter (Avbio) and got this done! I mean, even a moderator commented:

Hey there! Thank you for adding this idea, I think this is a good addition to our current integrations. 

Just how long do "good additions" take to happen?

chubbco
First Steps
If lots of people were asking, quickly. If a few, a little more time.

@chubbco
+1 310-729-5858
curiousmind
First Steps
Well I think my Blaze will just be a technology stepping stone towards
the iWatch. This has full integration with Cyclemeter. Yes it is more
expensive, but has more 3rd party support than the Fitbit camp
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.