Fitbit app available on iPad

While the iPhone app can be downloaded on the iPad, I would like to see an iPad app built out as well.

iPhone Only apps are clunky on the iPad, and can only be viewed in portrait.  I only like using my iPad in landscape unless I am reading, and the standard iPad cases/covers are built for landscape use when in standing mode.

I would imaging the iPad app to be much more in-depth and versatile than the iPhone app, since the setting allows for more space and usability.  Sure, I can log into the website from my iPad to get to my dashboard, but I love my more portable devices and having a nice looking app that integrates well and is convenient to access with just one-click.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Do not reward yourself with food. You're not a dog.
113 Comments
cselover
First Steps

I agree that an Ipad App would be of value and am disappointed that there is none at present.

nancyannp
First Steps

Agree.....definately a drawback!

Marcy
Sprinter

You can set the fitbit website to be accessed with one click using the "Add to Home Screen" in Safari.  Then saving the login credentials by clicking "Remember Me" on the webpage.  So unless you power off the ipad, you will not have to reenter your credentials.

Is there something more specific you had in mind regarding a nice looking app that integrates well?  To me, it's a better use of Fitbit's resources in other areas than on an ipad app where the functionality already exists. 

Philthy
First Steps

An iPad specific app would be great!

m0pher
First Steps

I would love to see a native iPad app, or a universal app. The iPad's screen real estate makes for a much better experience when visualizing data sets and there are plenty of apps that are "iPad only" for that very reason. In Fitbit's case, a universal app makes the most sense since the iPhone is ideal for day-to-day sync'ing whilst the iPad is more suited to visualizing the data collected by the Fitbit.

MajestikMK
First Steps

Agreed.  I use the iOS app on an iPad and it is so.... clunky.   It would be nice to have one polished and expanded for iPad-only.

Gowfster
First Steps
A group I'm in has all migrated to fitbit. We all have the same observation... The iApp stinks. We find that you only use the app to sync, and then you use the we page to do anything.<br>App: is not written for iPad, doesn't handle the landscape screen at all, and if you look at say a sleep graph, you actually get stuck there. No way back to the dashboard without shrinking app and reopening. The software is way to specific to iPhone and breaks on the iPad.<br>App: when looking at friends, you only provide 7 day steps! But on the website, you provide much more information on friends, weight, sleep etc. this makes app a pain, because now I have to go to web page to get what I'm after.<br>Web: so now I'm at the website to look at my wife's sleep...but... The website isn't compatible with i devices, You can't see any of the graphs, only the text and a reminder to install Flash Player. Flash Player isn't available on iPads and iPhones, remember?<br>Please make the website and app more usable!<br>Thanks.... PS. I love the device though!
Status changed to: Duplicate
MatthewFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for the feedback! Please vote on the existing iPad App request threadI'm going to go ahead and close this topic as a duplicate to prevent confusion and ensure that all the votes are tallied in the same place

vitols
First Steps

I would love to see iPad app, because it would be much easier to add foods and view info.

Also calendar view  in web interface, where you can overview all month activity.

geminiwitch
Recovery Runner

My parents both have old iphones, so their flex bands do not sync to their iphones.  They hate using the dongle to sync to the computer because they do not want to have to use the computer at home after working all day.  I always have to log out of my iphone app to sync their information for them each night.  I agree an ipad app would be great.  My dad would be able to sync them on his iPad 2.  Either that or my mother's kindle Fire that we got her for Christmas would be a lot better if her fitbit app would sync on there for her.  

haygun
First Steps

Yeah, pretty inexcusible that this hasn't happened yet.

kutarheel
First Steps
I use the fitbit app mostly on my ipad which has a keyboard case. Since the app won't rotate, I'm trying to type using the keyboard while the app is in vertical position. Is it in the works to make the app rotate? Thanks.
Malpeg
Runner

I definitely am in favor. While you can use the web page it is limited by iOS not using Flash. I use the app to enter activities while at the gym. Landscape would be great.

Jan81yrs
Jogger

How do I vote for an iPad App?  I think there should be one just for the iPad.  I'm not an iPhone user.  Thanks.

neurodoc
First Steps

I am in exactly the same situation and would appreciate an iPad specific app that works in both landscape and portrait orientations.

neurodoc
First Steps

I agree completely that an iPad app would be most welcome. It is not just a question of the iPhone app not fitting well on the iPad and looking bad. It is also a problem that the iPhone app only works in portrait orientation. I use my iPad with a keyboard in landscape orientation and it is very cumbersome to use the iPhone app that way.

jimu
First Steps

I wound also like to see the FitBit adapted for use on an iPad. Tired of using it in portrait mode

arussell726
First Steps
I know that you can use the iPhone app on the iPhone, but can you add an app that I can use on my iPad without having to zoom in?
SchraderMouse
First Steps

PLEASE bring out an ipad app! Have been waiting years for this!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for this feedback! We'll be sure to pass it along to our team. 

johnrowan1
Jogger

what is the response from fitbit to this series of requests?

DrDale
First Steps

How long are we going to have to wait for thing to auto-rotate? People have been asking for months.  Doesn't Fitbit understand that there is more and more competition for this type of device?

JdfEsq
First Steps

I'm stumped.  I have just read more than a year's worth of comments requesting an app optimized for the iPad, or at least a universal app.  Why has Fitbit done nothing to respond?  I have had a Fitbit One, a Force, and now a Charge.  The app has been stagnant for all that while.  I don't have much hope, but I'll ask anyway - will you please develop a decent iPad app?  Please?

GFeeney
Recovery Runner

Yes. I totally agree that we need an iPad designated app.

feen dog

dennisidol
First Steps

Need an iPad app! When will this integrate with the new fitness app by apple?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.