Friends VS Feed Customizable Navigation

It appears many of us have zero or little interest in the new Community Feed, but a lot of interest in our Friends progress. As a result many find the need to now have to perform multiple taps every time the app is reopened to get to our Friends extremely annoying. Either please change the default to show Friends first (as it was previously) upon launching the app or provide the user with a setting option to allow us to choose which opens first. 

Mod edit: added label

143 Comments
BrettCava
Recovery Runner

Please remove the Community Feed as default tab and revert to Friends tab so we can see our friends steps at first glance.  It should be an option to see strangers comments.  It's an unwanted intrusion in a personal performance app

Bugsey53
Jogger

Is is just me or do you miss the old friends icon.  I just want to connect with my friends and not go through people doing outlandish (though impressive) yoga poses etc..  I think if we have to have the community icon we should be able to personalize it to show feed, friends or groups when opened.  What do you think?

Lamhanson
First Steps

I agree also. I liked to easily check in with friends and also check on my weekly step total. Seeing the feed first is an annoying distraction. Perhaps allowing one to choose a default tab??

renelynch
Jogger

Is there any hope of getting this fixed? We constantly refer to the friends feed for challenges because you can only have 10 people in a challenge, and we have more than that participating. It's annoying to have to go to community and then friends... again and again and again. Why is Fitbit pushing this on people who have made it clear -- see above -- they don't want it? There should be a simple ability to choose a default tab, as smartly suggested by @Lamhanson above. Instead, it keeps reverting again and again from friends feed to the community feed. Is this an effort to pump views? The worst part is that the Fitbit app has gone from something I love checking multiple times a day (usually to see how badly I am trailing!!) to something annoying. 

BrettCava
Recovery Runner
Thanks Renelynch, I couldn't agree more. Seems Fitbit is trying to push this on us in order to create a fitness Facebook which nobody really wants. I also no longer enjoy the app because of this and now use it less frequently

Sent from Windows 10 phone
ErinHa
First Steps

I agree. I'd like the newsfeed completely wiped out, or at least the option to hide it. 

BrettCava
Recovery Runner
So many people hate this new Community Feed tab. Why is Fitbit ignoring the complaints. Only ones own friends and groups should be available as the default tab

Sent from my Windows 10 phone
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlessFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great suggestion and I agree it would be nice to have the option to default the tab to your Friends. Please continue to add your votes and comments to this idea if this is something you are interested in. 

BrettCava
Recovery Runner
Agreed, my usage of the app was exactly how you used it before – Dashboard and Friends pages being the only ones visited. Using the app is now a chore and no longer enjoyable.

DougChicago
Jogger

could not agree more. having to do extra clicks to get to friends is super anoying. i have zero use for the feed. 

JennyDuck1
First Steps

Yes. I logged in and created a community username just to comment here and ask Fitbit to put the friends list as the default. I don't use Fitbit to keep up with people's lives, nor do I need to see their trophies. Ugh. 

BrettCava
Recovery Runner
Agree 100%, if we wanted to see trivia and gossip, we would sign up for Hello or Facebook, not buy a Fitbit. Please remove all this mindless chatter off our private device

ashleigh131
First Steps

I agree.  I only click on community to see my friends' progress.

BrettCava
Recovery Runner
So over seeing lame pictures others agonizing over their struggle to do 5000 steps while working at a computer all day. Just want to see my group of friends on the first click – please!

Bugsey53
Jogger
So how do we get them to stop!!!

Sent from my iPad
BrettCava
Recovery Runner
Dont know, been complaining since they introduced this new version! They seem determined to force ‘Fitness Facebook’ on us

thatbroadjill
First Steps

Please! I have plenty of friends who use fitbit and we motivate each other. I would like to maintain my experience as more of a closed circle social experience rather than a free for all feed of any users. I am not interested in the community aspect, I would like the focus to be on those I know and compete against. It would be great to just make the community feed be something we can adjust in settings to toggle off or just not have it be the default.

BrettCava
Recovery Runner
Exactly, I agree 100% but Fitbit are very slow to react to customer opinion. Seems they are determined to push this fitness facebook concept on us.

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

I would be much happier if "Friends" were the default choice.  "Feed" is of no use to me.

jeremyjdodd
Recovery Runner

Yep! Totally agree. Not down with the feed. (Are those people even real?) I care way more about my friends. 

ak70
First Steps

Please let us disable the feed feature or limit it to friends only. I don't want to see random people's f-bombs littering up a page that could be useful if it were just a personalized feed (aka, the friend tab). 

Saveferrisjunke
First Steps

I am a huge fitbit fan... but this feed is awful... it's also distracting during workouts when you want to check your actual friends progress.  

BrettCava
Recovery Runner
Everyone I know hates this but Fitbit will not change it, we all have to
watch strangers showing off their fitness
Pburg398
First Steps
That is why I'm getting an Apple Watch when I replace my FitBit.

Liz White
crossedsword
Jogger

Let users control seeing Feed or remove/hide posts they do not want to see.

As a point to consider...the idea of someone posting hate or vitriol, an ex, an abusive "whatever", peoples political views, people fat shaming, etc...all of this is posted to that feed which is the first thing that your users see when they click Community. You can't hide or delete offensive posts, and removing someone does not remove their posts either. I appreciate the innocence of what Fitbit intended, but the lack of control is counter intuitive to such a big forced community based feature. If you are going to get into the social media game, you need to consider the fact that not everyone plays nice or shares the same viewpoint.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.