Friends VS Feed Customizable Navigation

It appears many of us have zero or little interest in the new Community Feed, but a lot of interest in our Friends progress. As a result many find the need to now have to perform multiple taps every time the app is reopened to get to our Friends extremely annoying. Either please change the default to show Friends first (as it was previously) upon launching the app or provide the user with a setting option to allow us to choose which opens first. 

Mod edit: added label

143 Comments
BrettCava
Recovery Runner
Agree totally with your point, just wish Fitbit would listen to their users.
Vivianmarie
Jogger

Definitely want to see my friends not feed!  It is extremely frustrating!  At least to have a choice in the settings would be great!  Thank you!!  PLEASE????!!!

sbmintz
First Steps

This feature is not just annoying, given the need to switch from Feed to Friends; it also borders on wildly inappropriate, as in the pics of scantily clad women that sometimes show up (my stepfather was bombarded by photos of some woman's navel ring, to his horror). Fitbit is not paying attention to these expressions of frustration and disgust. What can we do to register the seriousness of our displeasure aside from throwing our devices away? 

Bristol96
Jogger

Agreed entirely. This community page has been an unwelcome and distracting change. I have one person with a giant awards trophy on my Fitbit every time I open the app. Please either get rid of it or allow me to set steps

as the default (which I don't understand how this isn't the case anyway?!)

TKfitness
Jogger

Could not agree more

Qyn
First Steps

It's as if FitBit does not care that your users have their own communities via their friends with FitBits. Why not allow us to see what we want to see? I'm seriously considering an competitor's product bc I find it that this tactic is off-putting and perhaps indicative of a direction where FitBit will continually force us, your users, to consume things that are not relevant to what we want or use FitBit for. Let us have our own FitBit friends connection as the default and allow us to explore community as a separate tab.

Bristol96
Jogger
I actually just deleted friends from my Fitbit list so I didn't have to see these posts about made up trophies anymore. I hope Fitbit listens and changes this feature.
BrettCava
Recovery Runner
Completely agree with your post, but we have been complaining about this Community feed intrusion for months with no result. Most users have no interest in strangers boasting about their achievements or narcissistic pictures

Sent from my Windows 10 phone
Bugsey53
Jogger
I've followed up with Fitbit and just got a template answer. I don't think they're going to change it.

Sent from my iPad
BrettCava
Recovery Runner
Companies that don’t listen to their customers just drive them to the opposition. So many don’t complain, they just move on!

bigcraig
First Steps

I agree.

Cat51
First Steps

I was never fond of the community feed. I don't care to see what random people are up to and it just gives a platform for attention seeking people. I find it especially annoying when these random people are posting pictures of themselves. I don't want to see these random people gosh dang it. I thought maybe I would find a solution for this on the Fitbit site but alas, there is none, so I am left with no choice but to see that Marissa M is "wishing she were on a beach right now" accompanied with a picture of Marissa's legs sprawled out on a pool chair.  Like really...That has nothing to do with running nor walking, and most importantly I DONT CARE. PLEASE FIX THIS FITBIT. I BEG YOU. 

BrettCava
Recovery Runner
Good luck with this request, I agree completely but we have been complaining since this silly inane Community Feed started with no action by Fitbit. Its nothing less than a place for narcissism and boasting. Why should strangers bodies be in our face every time we just need to update our steps. If this doesnt change, I will not buy another Fitbit and my HR strap is splitting for the second time.

Cat51
First Steps
Hahaha looks like victory is ours!!! Baby Jesus answered our prayers!!!

Catarina Yi
crossedsword
Jogger

How is that?  Dont see any change?

Bristol96
Jogger
Update your app...the moved the community feed.
Bugsey53
Jogger
When you open fitbit go to dashboard then community and click on friends and it should default to friends. When you go back to dashboard and then community it should be in friends as a default.

Sent from my iPad
sbmintz
First Steps

Not working for me. I switched to Friends, then closed the app, opened again, hit Community, and we're back to the cursed Feed! 

crossedsword
Jogger
Same here...why I was confused. I am fully updated

Sent from my iPhone
MBiedz
Jogger
Same here! 😞

Sent from my iPhone
Cat51
First Steps
Not sure about yours but when I use my app and go to the "Community" tab it
shows my feed but it's not like before. It doesn't show random fitbit users
but only my friends' milestones, etc when they wish to "share" them. I now
have the option to select which groups I want to join and the best thing is
that if I click on the "friends" section on the top, I can quickly go back
there when I want to access the Community tab. Maybe there is an app update
you just need to download.My apps update automatically on my iPhone.
crossedsword
Jogger
Thats sounds like the OLD OLD update.

Sent from my iPhone
sbmintz
First Steps

Cat51: you're describing what the rest of us are trying to get rid of! 

xiongmao
First Steps

I used to be able to see my friends' daily step totals, but can now only see 7 days totals. To only see a 7-days update is not too motivating.

Bacchus119
First Steps

I agree. While I think the sentiment is ok, in practice I'm more interested in my friends progress (which is my community) than some other feed that doesn't change. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.