Garmin Connect Integration / Sync

My wife has a charge hr 2 and is enjoying being part of the Fitbit community with the daily step challenges.

I have a garmin fenix due to its multi sport functionality for triathlon etc. However I'd love to get involved with the challenges.

Please fitbit allow us garmin users to sync our daily activity with you...from what I can see garmin allows you to sync the other way round.

Moderator edit: added label

263 Comments
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@NSDIVING Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I moved this thread to the Third-Party Integrations Board to keep the Community organized. Thanks for sharing your ideas regarding integrations with Fitbit.

This has been asked before. However, it is something that won't happen. I was making some research and found this Feature Suggestion:

As you can see the idea was marked as "Not Currently Planned". Please check the categorization comment on the idea for more details on this. 

@WavyDavey @mtstaffa Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread!

Hope this helps. See you around! 

danielpatrik
Base Runner

I recently contacted gpscustomerservice.com and they have reported that the collaboration is possible between the two and hope for better output in resulting of the two. Maybe this help with the more better quality of the product which is upcoming these days and with more advanced technology.

Hope this bonding brings a positive outcome.

WavyDavey
10K Racer

@danielpatrik wrote:

I recently contacted gpscustomerservice.com and they have reported that the collaboration is possible between the two and hope for better output in resulting of the two. Maybe this help with the more better quality of the product which is upcoming these days and with more advanced technology.

Hope this bonding brings a positive outcome.

That site has absolutely nothing to do with fitness trackers.

danielpatrik
Base Runner

One can also contact on garmingpsmap.net for any query regarding the Garmin map updates. I too have faced issue in map updates and sorted out

sspeed
Recovery Runner

You can do this with http://www.fitnesssyncer.com  The information given about Garmin charging $5k to use their API is wrong, their Health API is completely free.  https://developer.garmin.com/health-api/overview/  In the end companies aren't going to do it directly because they want you to purchase their fitness tracker, even if it doesn't do everything you would like it to do.  Luckily some 3rd party developers have done the work instead.  It's not always perfect, but it's 1000x better than what the companies provide.

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @sspeed@WavyDavey and @danielpatrik.

Thanks for sharing your finding and thoughts on the matter. 

While there is nothing to announce at this moment, we will be sure to let everyone know if at any point in the future there is. 

Be sure to vote for the suggestion mentioned above to show your support.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Beeny71
First Steps

I feel as though I'm simply saying the same thing in a different way.

I have a Versa and LOVE it. My husband has a Garmin. They do what we need them to do individually for us (Fitbit has Female stuff and has an easier heartrate read for my heart condition - the Garmin helps him with other things I don't need). We are both in metabolic and weightlifting programs that look at weight and muscle mass. The Garmin smart scale does this; however, I need that scale to talk to my Fitbit app to report to my trainer.  Is there something in the works for this type of integration?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Beeny71, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. Thanks for your understanding, I hope to see you around.

BigBertha
First Steps

I use a Fitbit Charge 2 (soon to update to a Charge 3) and love it. I have recently taken up cycling to further my fitness. I was bought a Garmin Edge 25 for a Christmas present. This sits on my handle bars and maps my route, speed in various forms but it does not monitor anything to do with my heart rate. Would it PLEASE be possible for Fitbit to sync with the Garmin so that I can link the two devices? I understand Fitbit needs to accept ANT+ which it doesn’t at the moment. THANK YOU

psv_
First Steps

Hi there,

Half of our family has fitbit devices whereas the other half have garmin devices. The FitBit site is superb and everyone likes it, but the garmin users cannot record or sync their activities in the FitBit environment. What better than a progressive and client-centric company like FitBit (now part of Google) to enable and encourage garmin device users to sync their activities and benefit from the great FitBit environment.

Hope it makes sense to you as much as it makes sense to me.

Best,

P.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @psv_, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

toddm.peterson
First Steps
I LOVE the Fitbit App! I had to change to a Garmin smartwatch but HATE the lack of food logging. I would gladly pay for Fitbit Premium just for the better nutrition/food logging but am unable to as they do not link together.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @toddm.peterson, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync with Garmin Connect. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.